Vandelism in Carriage Hills

Posted in the Paragould Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
carriage hills resident

United States

#1 Dec 30, 2008
I just came down Graystone and glass is covered all across the street where someone broke a bottle, I also found my Gazing ball in someone's front yard. Is there anybody else having problems with people doing things to their house? I had 8 outside lights on and NO ONE EVER SEES ANYTHING. I have had my house completely toilet papered with all 8 lightbulbs blazing and not one resident saw a thing. It was finely detailed toilet papering and 6 rolls were used so it took some time. Do we need to start a neighborhood watch program? And don't say I must have enemies because we hardly know anybody out here.
The Cow is Down

United States

#2 Dec 30, 2008
if you go down graystone drive, you cannot miss those cows... one of them in now broken on the side of the street. Saw cops over on Carriage Hills road had two cars pulled over. Must be young kids with nothing else to do.
Jack Kass

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2008
I hope they hit one house in particular out there. Cause if they do, the guy that lives there will probably stomp a mud hole in their ass like they deserve

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2008
Yes i agree there needs to be a neighborhood watch out here the vandelism is getting out of control
fuel 2 fire

United States

#5 Dec 31, 2008
its not just carriage hills its everywhere! I live on the same street as a court judge and somehow there is constant theft, break-ins, and criminals out. Whats going on in paragould? they cops were called like the 40th time this year by one of my neighbors and they were told "oh well its just that time of year" and "its only going to get worse". I thought the same thing about a neighborhood watch.

Gregory, AR

#6 Dec 31, 2008
Ok question is.. are the cops doing anything about it?
carriage hills resident

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2008
guest wrote:
Yes i agree there needs to be a neighborhood watch out here the vandelism is getting out of control
I can't get over the parents that let their children roam the streets at night time. If parents kept a better watch on their kids, we wouldn't have this problem. I have seen kids as young as 7th grade roaming around at midnight before.
Part Of The Hood

Gregory, AR

#8 Jan 1, 2009
I never see any police out here, since the one on Carriage Hill Drive moved. But, I really don't see kids roaming at night. I do think we have a few criminals living among us, or at least I know I do.

Gregory, AR

#9 Jan 1, 2009
I don't live there, but you could have the people living there get a petition going asking PD to start patrolling the place on a regular basis.

Or just call them often with a lot of complaints, and see if they start patrolling on thier own.

Another thought, have these complaints been taken up with the management? I lived in a complex in another town, where we had a lot of problems like what's listed in this thread. Our manager got with the PD and did have officers patrolling our complex day and night, keeping an eye on things
Carriage Board Member

Gregory, AR

#10 Jan 1, 2009
Guest wrote:
I don't live there, but you could have the people living there get a petition going asking PD to start patrolling the place on a regular basis.
Or just call them often with a lot of complaints, and see if they start patrolling on thier own.
Another thought, have these complaints been taken up with the management? I lived in a complex in another town, where we had a lot of problems like what's listed in this thread. Our manager got with the PD and did have officers patrolling our complex day and night, keeping an eye on things
That's a good ideal. I will bring that up at the next board meeting. I've already talked to the manager, he wants to think about it for a while. He doesn't want to turn our neighborhood into a police state. He's afraid it will ruin Holloween, the neighborhood picnic and the fireworks display on the fourth of July.

“This town has gone to hell!”

Level 4

Since: Aug 08

Paragould

#11 Jan 1, 2009
I had some vandalism at my house a year or so ago. I called the PPD and they took a report and said they would start patroling more, I never saw them if that was the case.

From what I've been told, about all they do is take reports, they don't try to find out who is doing the damage, so your best bet would probably be a neighborhood watch or a cheap video camera to try the catch the brats that are doing the damage.

Gregory, AR

#12 Jan 1, 2009
It won't ruin the complex. It'll make people feel SAFER. That's more important. Bring it to his attention in a matter of that. Tell him you're concerned about the place, the property, etc. Tell him it'll make the residents feel safer, and may incline them to stay.

The bad end to our complex, was that it did get so bad that people were skipping out like crazy. I even left towards the end of my lease. I had filed police complaints, and even had cops tell me they wouldn't live in my complex even if the rent was free. So tell him the bad side of things if it doesn't get under control now

Gregory, AR

#13 Jan 1, 2009
Ya have to wonder wrote:
I had some vandalism at my house a year or so ago. I called the PPD and they took a report and said they would start patroling more, I never saw them if that was the case.
From what I've been told, about all they do is take reports, they don't try to find out who is doing the damage, so your best bet would probably be a neighborhood watch or a cheap video camera to try the catch the brats that are doing the damage.
Exactly. I'm not trying to bash the PPD, but it's true. Nothing gets done. The report gets filed away
confused

United States

#14 Jan 1, 2009
some people (like the person who started this thread) seem to be talking of Carriage Hills Subdivision, while others are talking about the apartment complex.

Yes, there has been some vandalism in the subdivision, but there isnt a manager to go to about it. We need the police to start driving around the area more often. There are many new streets back here now, which means lots of new people...
Carriage Board Member

Gregory, AR

#15 Jan 1, 2009
confused wrote:
some people (like the person who started this thread) seem to be talking of Carriage Hills Subdivision, while others are talking about the apartment complex.
Yes, there has been some vandalism in the subdivision, but there isnt a manager to go to about it. We need the police to start driving around the area more often. There are many new streets back here now, which means lots of new people...
The one that I am a board member of is the subdivision. We have a nice little village out here and we want to keep it safe. I'm just not sure if the manager see's the big picture. He is like the mayor in the movie Jaws.
duh

United States

#16 Jan 1, 2009
confused wrote:
Call PD and ask for extra patrol.I have done that before and they patrol my house.
unknown

United States

#17 Jan 1, 2009
Seriously, there were some teens that were caught in the subdivision within the past few days, but as always, I'm sure their parents will just pay the damages and get them off with a slap on the wrist. They vandalized Staffords trailor and spray painted obscene pictures with spray paint inside some freshly painted speck homes. That's just what I heard from someone that works on those homes.
mom of 4

Gregory, AR

#18 Jan 1, 2009
Since when do subdivisions have board members? If there was a HOA then yeah. But there is no HOA. Sounds like someone trying to be a boss. Some people might think they are a board member but no one has to listen to you. I think that someone is confused with what board they are on, maybe the apartment complex but not a subdivision.
Carriage Board Member

Gregory, AR

#19 Jan 1, 2009
mom of 4 wrote:
Since when do subdivisions have board members? If there was a HOA then yeah. But there is no HOA. Sounds like someone trying to be a boss. Some people might think they are a board member but no one has to listen to you. I think that someone is confused with what board they are on, maybe the apartment complex but not a subdivision.
Well, yes we do have a board and a manager in Carriage Hills subdivision. It was formed during Halloween. I am a charter member. I am not the boss, but I do vote on the board and we pretty much all vote the same. As far as someone having to listen to us, well you are wrong. If we tell you something you have better do it or you will be in trouble, even if you don't live in Carriage Hills. A woman with four kids could get in a lot of trouble out here, so you just better be careful and keep an eye on all of those kids. I'm thinking about making a report on you now. Please give me your full name and social security number so we can track you.
what

United States

#20 Jan 1, 2009
Carriage Board Member wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that I am a board member of is the subdivision. We have a nice little village out here and we want to keep it safe. I'm just not sure if the manager see's the big picture. He is like the mayor in the movie Jaws.
The subdivision has a manager? That seems odd considering people own their homes. I can see a board and maybe a board president, but a manager seems strange.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attorneys 29 min U got it 14
jerry laroe 1 hr who knows 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr queefzilla 36,234
Dana Nipper 2 hr Gcteagle1 29
Franklin Apartments 3 hr John 19
Fleas 5 hr Guest 7
Lisa Thompson 5 hr Bov 1

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance