Lake Charles, LA

#21 Sep 28, 2008
If you are working as a substitute teacher, they pay you by the week---one week later. If you sub 3 days this coming week, you can pick up you check the next Friday (Oct 10) at their office or they will mail it to you.
I do not know about working in classified positions---cafeteria, janitorial, secretarial, etc.
working for them

Paragould, AR

#22 Sep 28, 2008
I am working as a substitute teacher, I was under the impression that i got paid so much per day/half day. But when i picked up my first check this past friday i was paid 6.55 per hour. Is that correct or do i need to mention it to them? Thanks..

United States

#23 Sep 28, 2008
hmmm. I thought it was pay per day also. I would call them Monday morning and ask. I also ask for certain subs and there is one I requested not to have.

Gregory, AR

#24 Sep 28, 2008
how much does subteach hold out for themselves? they have to be getting some money.
working for them

Paragould, AR

#25 Sep 28, 2008
according to my check that i received, i didn't see where they held out any for themselves. But i am not sure that you would see that part on your check..lol...I will definitely call them monday

Lake Charles, LA

#26 Sep 28, 2008
Certified sub teachers make $75 per day and subs that are not certified make $60 per day.
Teacher

United States

#27 Sep 28, 2008
I don't know. Call them and ask.
working for them

Paragould, AR

#28 Sep 29, 2008
i didn't call them, but i called a friend that worked for them last year and she said that if you sub in a certified position that you get 60 a day, but if you sub say at school of 21st century where the teachers are not certified than you get paid hourly..
Teacher

United States

#29 Sep 29, 2008
Used to be that if you - the sub - are a certified teacher, you get paid XX amt. If you - the sub - are not a certified teacher you just get X amt. Not based on the level of certification (or not) of the person you are filling in for.
I can't see why you wouldn't call the office and ask. I certainly wouldn't go to work for anyone without knowing the pay scale. I do know that Jonesboro schools and Brookland both pay more than PSD. No idea about Tech, St Mary's, or CRA.
working for them

Paragould, AR

#30 Sep 29, 2008
I AM SIGNED UP WITH SUBTEACH TO WORK AT BROOKLAND, HAVEN'T SUBBED DOWN THERE YET THOUGH. I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO CALL THE OFFICE AND FIND OUT FOR SURE

Lake Charles, LA

#31 Sep 29, 2008
Jonesboro pays $75 a day whether you are certified or not. Paragould pays $75 for certified teachers and $60 for those who are
not certified. I believe Brookland pays the same
as Paragould.

Batesville, AR

#32 Sep 30, 2008
working for them wrote:
I AM SIGNED UP WITH SUBTEACH TO WORK AT BROOKLAND, HAVEN'T SUBBED DOWN THERE YET THOUGH. I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO CALL THE OFFICE AND FIND OUT FOR SURE
You need to call SubTeach and ask them about your pay just to make sure it is correct. I know some of the girls that do their payroll and believe me, I would double check.
devine

United States

#33 Mar 2, 2009
I have been working as a sub since Sept08. Osceola pays $60 for a full day and Blytheville pays $55 for a person with less than 90 college hours & $60 for someone with 90 c.h. or more. I put in the app gotta call 3days later and boom I WAS IN BUSINESS! You pay for the FBI($25 Background check and Criminal check ($19.25) plus $5 to get your finger prints. Also check online 4 jobs don't just wait on them to call you.

Gregory, AR

#34 Mar 7, 2009
I liked working for Subteach. I'm a stay at home mom who wants to say home with my toddler. I worked according to my schedule. I went thru a temp job and had to stop working there but hope to pick up again soon.
They started calling me a few days after my application was filled out. And yes, the pay is weekly and they do pay well.
beenthere

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Mar 7, 2009
The call center sucks!

United States

#36 May 23, 2009
What's the pay and how often do you get paid?
Just me

United States

#37 Aug 24, 2009
working for them wrote:
I have worked at the Brookland school in the cafeteria. I really enjoyed working there. Nice school and nice people to work with. I would love having a full time job there. It is an hourly wage you get, but can't remember now how much I got paid. It's been a year or more since I worked there. Good luck!

United States

#39 Aug 28, 2009
I worked for subteach and have a college degree, but not as a teacher. You are paid a contract price for the day according to the school you sub for. You are paid every Friday and it is one week behind. Paragould pays $60 per day, Brookland pays $60 per day, cafeteria gets $30 but you are just there to help keep the kids while they eat. Bay pays $50 per day, Truman pays $60 per day but you must have a TB test to go there. Harrisburg pays $50 per day. Westside (in Jonesboro) pays $60 per day but it was HORRIBLE!!!(elementary was anyway) Went once and told them I'd never go back. Brookland is by far the nicest place to sub. Bay is also really a good place to sub and the drive isn't bad if you take the shortcut and bypass Jonesboro.
Greene County Tech and the Jonesboro School District pays $75 a day but they do not use Subteach. You need to contact each of those schools direct.
justme

Paragould, AR

#40 Aug 28, 2009
i worked for them for several years and finally got fed up with being sent to jobs that had been cancelled. some trips were 55 miles. and no they will not reimburse you for gas. they lie to get you to sub in areas that you request to not do. tammy w is a real hag, she is not a nice person. i dont smoke but if you do, tammy doesnt like you and makes it obvious. if you wont sub in the self contained classrooms she will be very rude. i got screwed over by subteach numberous times and finally quit...tammy told me she would give me another chance and i told her i wouldnt give them another chance. they lie.
justme

Paragould, AR

#41 Aug 28, 2009
after i quit she gave me bad references and said i wasnt dependable....which was the other way around. i was in college and she said they would work around me schedule yet i still got calls on my college days that i had said i wouldnt be able to work. then the guilt trip would come...im glad that not every school district around uses them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
play the word game (Nov '08) 40 min luci 12,844
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 41 min luci 2,742
Willis hooks in jail 1 hr Guest 1
LA Nights 3 hr Guest 13
Looking for "GYPSY" 4 hr Grown up 3
Global warming deniers 5 hr Guest 21
Black kids at Paragould water park 5 hr Guest 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages