First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Paragould, AR

#1 Oct 4, 2009
just wondering if anyone that takes this has had a problem with there sex drive ?

Paragould, AR

#2 Oct 4, 2009
Just about all sepression medicines mess up your sex drive but i was taking that and it was great at first then i started getting suicidal thoughts

Paragould, AR

#3 Oct 4, 2009
Sorry depression meds

Paragould, AR

#4 Oct 4, 2009
You are so right....most all of these types of meds have that side effect....

United States

#5 Oct 4, 2009
My mom took Lexapro an she said it messed up her sex drive. And she took it for a few years and she started having suicidal thoughts too. She was better of with the depression medicine. It also made her wantto sleep all the time, like she'd lay down and take. Nap at like 11am and then again at 3pm and then be in bed by 8pm.
curious

United States

#6 Oct 4, 2009
yeah this stuff just makes you feel like you dont have a care in the world,no sex drive just a feeling of contentment,it can also cause suicidal tendencys and thats never good.
hmmm

Lake Charles, LA

#7 Oct 4, 2009
Guest wrote:
My mom took Lexapro an she said it messed up her sex drive. And she took it for a few years and she started having suicidal thoughts too. She was better of with the depression medicine. It also made her wantto sleep all the time, like she'd lay down and take. Nap at like 11am and then again at 3pm and then be in bed by 8pm.
Well, gee, my mom never talks about her sex drive with me. That would be way too weird for both of us I think, but that's just us. LOL! We're not prudes or anything but we just don't go there.
Tell me, are you male or female? Just curious.

Paragould, AR

#8 Oct 4, 2009
i have been taking it for 2 years i went to the doctor to try to get off of it because it made me wanta sleep all of the time and he talked me into going from 10 to 20 mil .told me that it would help me . now i cant even get off having sex and i wanta sleep 12 to 16 hours a day . i never even want sex at all but when i try to quit i feel like i am loosing my mind . any ideas people
RrollingStone

Paragould, AR

#9 Oct 4, 2009
guest wrote:
just wondering if anyone that takes this has had a problem with there sex drive ?
My wife takes it-it makes it tolerable to live with her. Calms
her down and she doesn't go into her rages like she did.
Didn't effect her sex drive much, she didn't have one to begin with.

Paragould, AR

#10 Oct 4, 2009
After I got off of it my doctor put me on Celexa it makes me a lil sleepy but im doing 100% better now
questions

Paragould, AR

#11 Oct 4, 2009
Lexapro did not help my depression. I have used zoloft and cymbalta to successfully treat depression.
Hope this helps

Benton, AR

#12 Oct 4, 2009
RrollingStone wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife takes it-it makes it tolerable to live with her. Calms
her down and she doesn't go into her rages like she did.
Didn't effect her sex drive much, she didn't have one to begin with.
Oh my gosh fits of rage? Sounds like her
hormones are out of balance. She doesn't
need depression medication. Tell her
to get her hormones checked. They can
give her proper medication for that and
it will help her sex drive.
unlucky

Sunnyvale, CA

#13 Oct 4, 2009
It most definitely messes up your sex drive I took it for a while . No more

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2009
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, gee, my mom never talks about her sex drive with me. That would be way too weird for both of us I think, but that's just us. LOL! We're not prudes or anything but we just don't go there.
Tell me, are you male or female? Just curious.
Female. Me and my mom were very close and I could honestly tell her anything and we were open about talking about anything..

Paragould, AR

#15 Oct 4, 2009
has it made anyone where they couldnt get off ?

Paragould, AR

#16 Oct 6, 2009
just wondering , it has screwed me up for 2 years now come on people .

Walls, MS

#17 Oct 6, 2009
Any kind of bi-polar or depression medicine will deminish sex drive in men or women. You have to make a decision if you want to feel better mentally or have a higher sex drive. I have been on prozac for years. It does deminish sex drive. But, without it I', such a holly terror no one would or could stand to be around me long enough to have sex. My husband said it was all in my head, duh, so I threw them to him and told him to keep them. With in the week he gave them back and said he'd beg, borrow , or steal them if he had to. lol It's easier on a woman naturally than on a man. It is hard for the partner to understand. Good luck.

Walls, MS

#18 Oct 6, 2009
If you have suisidal thoughts tell your doctor. There are many different meds to try. Also if it is bi-polar it is hereditary. So watch for signs starting as early as 13 in children. If I go off prozac look out cause I'll say or do anything and not care. Then anger is so deep and crying never stops. Prozac just brings me back to where I would normally be. Bi-polar is a desease the brain cells don't grow back fast enough. It's like if you skin cells did not reproduce you would have a hole in the skin it is the same principal with bi-polarism. Asked to change med, but all will have the low sex drive proplem.

Jackson, MS

#19 Oct 6, 2009
I have taken Celexa for 6 years now and it really helps me, and doesn't affect my sex drive, and doesn't make me sleepy. You must take it at least in time to get at least 6 or 7 hrs. sleep so you are not drowsy the next day. I am a female, but my best friend is a male, and he has taken it for years and it doesn't affect his sex drive either, may want to give it a try. Never have had suicidal thoughts either while taking this medication.
happy camper

Paragould, AR

#20 Oct 6, 2009
My husband takes Lexapro. One of the reasons he got on it was because of lack of interest in sex. He's fine now. Guess it worked the opposite than on most people. I take Wellbutrin and my drive is great too. Guess we are both just happily medicated people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for an eBay seller 13 min redwolve fan 1
plwc does it again 20 min hard worker 3
Black women in Paragould 24 min Blue 8
Greg Jackson 31 min Guest 5
electricity bill 37 min well 51
utility trailer 2 hr question 8
Utility Trailer W2 (Jan '13) 2 hr question 23
R.I.P Lisa Richardson 14 hr Judgemental you are 23
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) 18 hr All knowing 652

Winter Storm Warning for Greene County was issued at March 04 at 2:42AM CST