PLWC Internet Interruptions August 2012

PLWC Internet Interruptions August 2012

Posted in the Paragould Forum

Paragould, AR

#1 Aug 19, 2012
I heard from someone that PLWC would be doing something this week and that from Aug 22 - 27, 2012, there may be interruptions in internet service.

Does anyone have any information on this? I've searched KAIT8, Daily Press, PLWC's website, and other sources I could think to look and have found nothing.

Thanks in advance!
Paragould Resident

Paragould, AR

#2 Aug 19, 2012
I saw a commercial about it earlier today. Said most people would see about a 45 min to an hour of downtime starting around 10:30pm.

Paragould, AR

#3 Aug 19, 2012
Paragould Resident wrote:
I saw a commercial about it earlier today. Said most people would see about a 45 min to an hour of downtime starting around 10:30pm.

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2012
I seen the commercial to. I think it said cable and Internet.

United States

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Yes I saw it too. NOthing new. It is down almost every Saturday for me.

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Aug 20, 2012
Does anyone know if they'll be upgrading the internet speeds?

Paragould, AR

#7 Aug 20, 2012
My internet was down...didn't see the commerical. I called they did not say anything about them working on it. Just told me to unplug internet and turn back on n 5 min. Mine is working now...

Paragould, AR

#8 Aug 21, 2012
They said speeds should be faster and that they wouldnt charge more as of now.but if speeds alot faster then n the future they will discuss price increase..i think its b.s.bc we dont even get the speed we pay for now!so after upgrade we may get speed we r payn for and then they will just increase price
That one guy

United States

#9 Oct 12, 2012
Believe it or not, this is the biggest reason I left Paragould. I had a job offer near Blytheville, and figured, what the heck, why not, it can't be as bad as people say. Proud to say, Blytheville isn't nearly as bad as what people say. I do miss some of the benefits of living in the larger town, I lived in Paragould for nearly 26 years. But my power is astronomically cheaper here, the water tastes 1000 times better than the bleachwater that PLWC provided through the tap, and Ritter (who has tried to offer service in Paragould but has been denied) has EXCELLENT cable television, and smoking fast internet. It's 51.95 for 15 MBPS here, and you usually get that, or a little over. Best I remember, Paragould's was almost 65 for 4 MBPS, and you were lucky to get 3.

The time for PLWC to become just PLW was several years ago, when the DSL speeds from AT&T started beating the cable speeds. They should have sold their cable network/system to Suddenlink or Ritter or NewWave, all 3 of those companies offer real internet speeds, and don't jack the price everytime they upgrade their network.

But the board members at PLWC are getting rich off ripping the residents of Paragould off. I'm glad I left. I never thought I'd wanna leave. I tried once and ended up moving back, but I don't miss it this time. I could only take so much of the negative innovation. Paragould's going backwards when even Blytheville is moving forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 35 min SSOB 42,736
Diana Davis's bloodshot eyes 3 hr Sweep 125
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 4 hr whatimeisit 18,611
Best heat and air repair 4 hr Mallory 2
crickett (Aug '13) 8 hr 44crazygrannt 2
Anthony for Sheriff 8 hr Voter 10
wanted junk lawn mowers,weedeaters chainsaws etc. (Apr '10) 9 hr Henry 48

Paragould Jobs

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages