KAIT* reporting of Paragould police

KAIT* reporting of Paragould police

Posted in the Paragould Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Dec 19, 2012
how about asking some questions region 8 news instead of just giving the PPD a press conference venue. so did the newspaper mis-quote the police chief and mayor, because if they did then the newspaper will answer to us for their poor reporting. but no, we get a corporal from the police dept saying things are being blown out of proportion and a reporter that doesn't ask any hard questions. well of course that is what the police will now say since they have been called out. did the chief say the things quoted in the paper yes/ or no...and why did the chief not talk to the reporter himself.

Paragould, AR

#2 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
how about asking some questions region 8 news instead of just giving the PPD a press conference venue. so did the newspaper mis-quote the police chief and mayor, because if they did then the newspaper will answer to us for their poor reporting. but no, we get a corporal from the police dept saying things are being blown out of proportion and a reporter that doesn't ask any hard questions. well of course that is what the police will now say since they have been called out. did the chief say the things quoted in the paper yes/ or no...and why did the chief not talk to the reporter himself.
The Mayor and Police Cheif went on "vacation" monday, even though that was not scheduled, and in fact town hall meetings were still scheduled. They don't want to comment on what they said. They are running and hiding. They are cowards.

Ashburn, VA

#3 Dec 19, 2012
Stfu..everyone of you. All you have consists of assumptions.

Paragould, AR

#4 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
Papers make mistakes. But quote after quote and something like this isn't A typo. No way. Also, have you heard complaints the DP got it all wrong? No.

Paragould, AR

#5 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
Stfu..everyone of you. All you have consists of assumptions.
I haven't stated any assumptions. Those are facts. If the Paragould Daily Press has said anything false, then the Police Chief has been incompetent by not denying those quotes.
Tommy2Toes

United States

#6 Dec 19, 2012
I don't know what the big hu-ha is all about. If you don't have anything to hide you'll be on your way in a manner of one minute, two tops. If you have something to hide, well; I'd suggest you should stay off the streets at late night and early am. That what this is all about protecting the GOOD citizen and their posessions.

Paragould, AR

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Tommy2Toes wrote:
I don't know what the big hu-ha is all about. If you don't have anything to hide you'll be on your way in a manner of one minute, two tops. If you have something to hide, well; I'd suggest you should stay off the streets at late night and early am. That what this is all about protecting the GOOD citizen and their posessions.
Correct .....

Gregory, AR

#8 Dec 19, 2012
That KAIT8 reporter was at last Tuesday night's meeting. So was I. Were you? The Daily Press's article took statements out of context and sensationalized what was said. Not one resident at the meeting voiced a concern or had a negative comment. Questions were asked regarding resident crime watch groups, one man volunteered to work with the police, one young father asked for help in talking with his four sons about feeling threatened, a 14 old expressed his fear when walking home from shooting hoops at Labor Park, an elderly lady asked about personal self-defense classes. Not one work from anyone disagreeing with the need for an increased police presence in their neighborhood. If you weren't there, don't believe everything you read or the rantings of other who were not at the meeting.

Paragould, AR

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
That KAIT8 reporter was at last Tuesday night's meeting. So was I. Were you? The Daily Press's article took statements out of context and sensationalized what was said. Not one resident at the meeting voiced a concern or had a negative comment. Questions were asked regarding resident crime watch groups, one man volunteered to work with the police, one young father asked for help in talking with his four sons about feeling threatened, a 14 old expressed his fear when walking home from shooting hoops at Labor Park, an elderly lady asked about personal self-defense classes. Not one work from anyone disagreeing with the need for an increased police presence in their neighborhood. If you weren't there, don't believe everything you read or the rantings of other who were not at the meeting.
It is shocking that not one of a couple dozen supporters at the Mayor's church had a negative comment to him and the Police Chief.
out of context excuse

Paragould, AR

#10 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
It isn't possible to take those comments out of context. What was the police chief talking about? A video game that he is designing? A novel that he is writting? Please do tell. The fact that no one at that meeting expressed concerns about the Constitutionality of it is irrelevant.

Either he said those quotes or he didn't. Did he? He didn't deny them. If he didn't say them, then he is grossly incompetent for not denying them. If he did, then he should at least have the testicular fortitude to admit that he said them when asked. Really, he should go farther than that and explain those statements. But admitting them would be a start.
NO COMMENT

Paragould, AR

#11 Dec 19, 2012
that is all the police chief has the testicular fortitude to say
Please

Little Rock, AR

#12 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
It is shocking that not one of a couple dozen supporters at the Mayor's church had a negative comment to him and the Police Chief.
i was at the meeting at "the mayors church" I am not a member there and I doubt many people who were in attendance are members there. I also read the article in the daily press, they got it wrong

United States

#13 Dec 19, 2012
If you would open your freakin ears she said more of the story tonight at 10.

Gregory, AR

#14 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The first meeting was not held at the Mayor's church. Again, assumptions from the uninformed.
Tommy2Toes

United States

#15 Dec 19, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you are one of the persons in question that should stay off the streets in the late pm and early am.
None of the people that are complaining did not attend the meeting because they were afraid they would give themselves away to the police and would be a person of interest.
honest

Mountain Pine, AR

#16 Dec 19, 2012
I don't live in town and I have nothing to hide but just suppose that at some time you get a crooked cop on the beat. What if you get someone who likes to visit the ladies or young girls or young boys or someone who needs a little extra money or even drugs themselves. They come from all walks of life just like everyone else.

A big gun is intimidating and who would believe someone if this happened and they came forward. After all it is an officer of the law and they are ALWAYS honest. Nothing is perfect and I personally think that probably 99.999% of them are as faithful to their job as they can be. It would just take one to get out of hand before major trouble would erupt, far worse than it is now.

I'm for tougher laws but I think this is a mistake. Not only for citizens but for our officers as well. They are much more vulnerable on foot and are an easier target for someone who may want to get them out of their way.

Things have changed and some people don't think twice about committing murder, obviously in Paragould as well as other places. Our officers don't need to be put in a situation that could become overly dangerous for them.

They have families as well as everyone else. They have a job to do, but their safety should be considered as well as everyone else's and they should not be put in vulnerable situations if it isn't absolutely, absolutely necessary.

United States

#17 Dec 19, 2012
Tommy2Toes wrote:
Tommy, I'm beginning to think its all about keeping the status quo on the east side by the reaction of many there.
Cameraman

Brockwell, AR

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Pack your cameras and post them on youtube!!!!

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Dec 19, 2012
I am so glad the Corporal Snyder knows about the law and public relations. The KAIT8 report that just aired makes me feel better about the implementation of this craziness. Now the question is did the chief and mayor say what they were quoted as saying...yes or no...that's what I want to know.

Jonesboro, AR

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Just saw Brad Snyder on the news with his crap eating grin and stupid rehearsed double talk. At least he had the balls to stick around and answer the allegations compared to the mayor and useless cheap of police.

If they KNOW they cannot break the laws, then why did the idiots say what they said in the meeting? How stupid did they make themselves look with the about face attitude. Now they have no respect, and are proven to be two faced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian and Lynsi Delmont 1 hr Guest 3
Who really knows her 1 hr Fo real 1
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr Redd 38,245
laroe 3 hr V for Vendetta 13
What is Wrong with Parents Today???!!! 3 hr wultk 16
wesley westbrook 4 hr curiouse george 1
josh hooker (Oct '08) 7 hr Ikr-82 24

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance