Why do people stretch their earlobes ...

Why do people stretch their earlobes out!?

Posted in the Paragould Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
sillykids

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2008
DO people not realize how silly that looks, Not to mention how it is going to look in 30 years or so
Appearance

Gregory, AR

#2 Nov 6, 2008
Appearance, like most everything else is over valued. We're all maggot chow in the end, wtf will it matter then?

“My Life... Your Entertainment!”

Since: Oct 08

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2008
sillykids wrote:
DO people not realize how silly that looks, Not to mention how it is going to look in 30 years or so
Why do you ask such stupid questions? Is that your business? Nope... think not. They may be the way they choose their apperance to be. Maybe not everyone is like you... Did you ever STOP to think about how many different kinds of people are out there that you will come into contact with? LOTS honey LOTS!

Let anyone be the way they want to be without judging... For then they will not judge you!
idea

Gregory, AR

#4 Nov 7, 2008
Why don't you walk up and ask someone who has it done? Don't have the balls do you? Then why ask on here?!
I Have Asked

Newport, AR

#5 Nov 7, 2008
the 3 people that i asked said it was because someone else had done it that they know. then they admitted it was to bring attention to themselves. 2 of the 3 wish they never had done it. the other one was born with half a brain and cant go to the restroom without directions.

Newport, AR

#6 Nov 7, 2008
To be different. Not everyone does it 4 attention. My friend has it done but they're not stretched out big. I don't like it when they're like as big as a penny or bigger. But his don't look bad.

Paragould, AR

#8 Nov 7, 2008
so they have another hole to F@%k
boog

Paragould, AR

#9 Nov 7, 2008
come to think of it dude you could be right they do look like big gaping vaginas
Opinion

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2008
Same reason you buy a new sweater or new car ... because you want it!
Just because everyone else may not like your sweater, doesn't mean you won't wear it, right?
jess

Paragould, AR

#11 Nov 7, 2008
well there is a guy at chilis and outback who have them and it is digusting to me. i will ask to get moved because it turns my stomach. i dont mind piercings but those earlobe things are gross! just like its their body and they like it, its my choice to not like it.
ayyy

State University, AR

#12 Nov 7, 2008
why do people like pizza? why do people wear brown shoes? why do people have sex? why do people buy spaghetti? why do people cut their hair?

oh yeah. cuz they can.
nars

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Nov 13, 2008
guess ill resurrect this thread and put in my $.02.

i was doing research about my ancestors in the philippines. lobe stretching was a sign of social status in their culture. so, i decided to stretch my own ears as a way to honor their ancient traditions and to have a part of that with me.

just like with all my body mods (i have a few tattoos and piercings), i spent a good deal of time doing research and planning the process and i had them done knowing full well that it will be permanent thing and that people's perception of me will change. do i care? of course not. its something that means so much to me that i decided to have it as a permanent addition to my body.
Opinion

United States

#14 Nov 13, 2008
jess wrote:
well there is a guy at chilis and outback who have them and it is digusting to me. i will ask to get moved because it turns my stomach. i dont mind piercings but those earlobe things are gross! just like its their body and they like it, its my choice to not like it.
True, but would you like to know someone had to get up and move away from you because they didn't like how YOU looked? Not suggesting anything about you in particular because I don't know you, but do you get my point?

Maybe like the guy below they are doing it because of some ancestry or religious reasons. It isn't up to us to judge.

I know me personally, there are things I don't particularly care for in people but I don't ask to be moved away from them. They have feelings, too.

“paragould”

Since: Sep 08

paragould

#15 Nov 14, 2008
I had mine stretched out to a 2 guage(BIG ENOUGH TO PUT YOUR PINKY FINGER THROUGHT IT ) and I finally took them out my ear lobes closed up thank god. I was a moron! hahahah to see look at the biap iraq08 photo on here

Paragould, AR

#16 Nov 14, 2008
ok two gage is not big enough to put your pinky through...unless you have fingers the size of infants...
nars

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Dec 5, 2008
hey, nars here. back for an update.

just upsized to 7/16" in both ears and i can barely fit my pinky through just past the cuticle. it's really cool. but i have fat vienna sausage fingers so yeah
Hobo Desk

Hermosa Beach, CA

#18 Dec 18, 2008
Because it's fun and something new to try.
I'm at 9/16" and all I can say is; I can't wait to go bigger!
mf frankenstein

Reno, NV

#20 Jan 14, 2009
wow. can you say close minded fuck much?
people have been doing this for centuries, and i still have no idea why people look at me like i have 'i have aids' written on my forehead just because i have my ears and my labret stretched.
it makes me and a lot of other people feel beautiful. its not some kind of trend and its not to get attention. why do you have your ears pierced? why do you buy the clothes and shoes and style your hair the way you do? because you have that freedom to not be judged and you like the way you look when you have certain qualities about you. we arent criminals or disgusting people, we are human and deserve to be treated as such.
so if you dont like the way it looks- dont fucking look at us.
Chaosity

Columbus, OH

#22 Jan 27, 2009
I Have Asked wrote:
the 3 people that i asked said it was because someone else had done it that they know. then they admitted it was to bring attention to themselves. 2 of the 3 wish they never had done it. the other one was born with half a brain and cant go to the restroom without directions.
For some reason, I doubt the sincerity of this. First of all, who would admit that? Secondly, if they wish they'd never done it, then they can take them out and they will go back. It takes years to get so big before you are past the point of no return.

Anyway, society and culture is so different nowadays. I wish I were a Mayan, or an Aztec. Where those things were still beautiful. I have 2" lobes, and a wooden septum piece. Don't deny the want. Because since you were a baby, I would imagine you were coloring on yourself with marker, or rubbing food all over your face, trying to change your appearance. But, your parents say, NO, that's wrong.. only color on this paper...inhibiting your natural instict to change how you look.

What about body builders? They put themselves through so much to change THEIR appearance? Yet someone has a huge hole plugged up in their ear and they get looked at like THEY are the fool?

If everyone was like you, don't you think it'd be pretty boring?
lauren builds-the-fire

Fountain Valley, CA

#23 Jan 27, 2009
Closeminded people, like the one that started this post, need to learn some serious shit about the world.

Not everyone is exactly the same, does this make sense so far?

Different people have different perspectives, opinions, and ideas of what is attractive or disgusting. Still making sense?

If you find the way people portray themselves as disgusting, you dont need to belittle them by saying their opinions are wrong, or their appearance is disgusting. You are entitled to your own opinions, but you can in fact KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF.

People have been stretching their ears since like 3000 BC. In fact, did you know King Tut had stretched ears?

Also, people in African tripes stretch their ears as a symbol of patience.

People who stretch their ears now could have numerous reasons; i.e. They think its an art, they want to get in touch with ancestory, etc.etc.

Just like any other body modification, its an art. The people who do it spend time and effort into achieving the look they want. Who cares if they wont like it when theyre old and shriveled? They like it NOW, and it brings them joy NOW, IF they ever have regrets they can get it fixed with MINOR surgery.

In life, there ARE no regrets, because at one time its EXACTLY what you wanted.

I have stretched my ears to a 2 so far, my overall goal is to stretch to 3/4 or even 7/8. I find to process intriguing, and find the outcome very attractive. I might regret it later, but Ill never know if I dont do it, and hey, Im enjoying myself during the process.

Stop being closeminded.
If everyone were like you, people would be as dull as a plank of wood.

Thank you.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 17 min Rip Chen Picket 38,744
Tina boyd 1 hr Molly 5
Bobby Carrick anyone know who he's with now? 1 hr Ate up 10
Wal-Mart is now a pet store?!?! 1 hr guest 7
single ladies at anchor (May '15) 2 hr Guest 35
Thoughts on transgender 4 hr Dakota 188
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 9 hr Alyssa76 17,911

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance