sleeplessinparag ould

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

If you have dinned at the Dixie Cafe' let us know how it went!
Just wondering

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

Judged:

It use to be great! but the last few times I was there the food was nasty and the service sucked! they weren't busy at all and the waitresses were to busy talking to wait on us ! AND I'M A GOOD TIPPER so it was there loss lol
sleeplessinparag ould

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

YEa and really just a hint dont go there after 900 that is when the COOKS someitmes go home and if you are caught there you piss the Waiters off cause they have to cook the food so they kinda well do stuff to it.

That was told to me directly by and employee.

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2008

the food is ok, and i do mean ok, nothing more. the rolls are great!! my kid loves the mac-n-cheese so that is basically why we go. plus she likes to eat in the ice cream parlor
dont

Walls, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

NASTY

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

I really like their SantaFe Chicken, it's very good.

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

My family went in and were seated, given our menu's. That was it, no one came around to ask what we would like to drink nothing. The waitress were looking at each other wondering if that was their table. We finally got up and left and the hostees said " Have a nice day."
I told her that we would if we could have gotten something to eat. Won't go back.
raw food

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

All I can say is raw food. I was served raw food. Twice in a row. Only 2 weeks apart. Service is horrible. I still wish a million times I would have called the health office when they served me completely raw chicken. I am not kidding. It was completely raw. Cold and raw. Makes me sick thinking about it. I tried to get the manager to eat it since they tried to make me eat it. Wish I would have shoved down her throat. Sorry it still makes me sick and mad.
heres a thought

Hot Springs Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

I've been there when the food and service were great; and I've been there when both were terrible; It's truly a gamble when you go. When it's a good day, they can't be beat; but...when it's a bad day....well, dumpster diving would be better.
I agree

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

I agree
Salty Dog

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

It may be one of the few places we will have left to eat in Paragould. I heard that Whiskey Creek was getting ready to close it's doors.
old timer

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

used to be pretty good. The last few hasnt been good. takes forever to get waited on. has went down hill.
jlynn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

my boyfriend and i and our friend went to dixie last night.. the rolls were cold and the food wasnt that great..and our waitress..umm well its like we didnt even have one..only saw her one time and thats when she took our order..we had to ask other servers for extra things we needed...

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Didn't care for the food or service.

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Salty Dog wrote:
It may be one of the few places we will have left to eat in Paragould. I heard that Whiskey Creek was getting ready to close it's doors.
prolly so, not a good location and kinda high from what i have heard
singer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

Dixie has gone down hill ever since they lost Debbie as their General manager. The service is horrible and the food is nasty.
classic

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

I like the food but the service needs work.
rach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

The service is horrible! Omg. It took like 15 minutes for them to even get our drink order. Then it took forever to get our food, and when we finally did get it, it was freakin cold! Not once did they refill our drinks. The sad thing is, they weren't even busy. There was like 3 other people in there. I'd be more understanding if they were packed. But I saw many waitresses standing around chatting with one another. Poor poor service. And they want to complain about tips!? HA give me a break.
heart

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

Judged:

They need get Debbie back. She knew how to run that place. It was awesome when she was there.
yeah

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

First of all I have worked in the food industry and I know what a headache it can be so I am a VERY good tipper if you deserve it. However, Dixie has been sliding so far for the last I say year. In the last two weeks I went once with my husband saying we would never be back but then went again when my friend wanted to go. It was absolutly horrible both times, and had the same waitress both times (A). Don't want to put her whole name because I'm not out to bash any one but if you work at Dixie and your name starts with A please just look at your service and try to put more effort into your customers instead of co-workers and your tips may go up. The first night I ordered Soup and House Salad and asked for Ranch dressing with Unsweet Tea. I got Sweet tea some kind of pea salad and she actually tried to argue with me that that was the salad that came with the soup and salad deal. When I said well I won't eat that she then decided to go check on it. Came back with a house salad and said oh i put it in wrong -- no I'm sorry or anything. I didn't complain about the tea that wasn't worth it I just drank it thinking when I got a refil I would ask for unsweet but I never got a refil -- My husband didn't get crutons on his salad and then she brings them out in a cup and drops them and said oh im sorry he said that's ok thinkin she would go get him some more but never came back with them. The broth in my soup was warm but the veggies and chicken were cold. My husband orders santa fe chicken with no tomatoes every time and he got tomatoes he just picks them off instead of sending it back but when I was a waitress I checked my orders before bringing it out. They were not at all busy when we were there. And for what we paid for this we could have gone to louie's and had a steak -- so thats what we said we would do next time. Then I went with my friend. Same waitress brought us rolls and we asked for honey -- no honey. I ordered soup and salad and usually with that you get the bigger house salad in the bowl and I got the small dinner salad you get as a side with NO crutons I asked for some and you would have thought it was the end of the world. We ordered an appetizer and all the food and appetizer came out at the same time. The appetizer was alittle cool makes me think it was setting back there for a while. NEVER got refils never checked if our food was ok. Asked if I could place a togo order (to take to my husband) before she figured our tickets and she said ok and turned and left. I thought ok well hmmm.. I was puzzled. She came back about 10 minutes later we were done eating gave us separte tickets and said I checked at the to go counter and you don't have an order over there. I said no I wanted to order it from you she said ohh well those are done at the take out counter. (I've ordered from the table before) I was already done eating so I was not going to wait so he didn't get any food prolly better off any way lol. Well sorry for the rant but if they are going to stay in business I hope they are reading this and improving the service. And when I've asked for something to be different she was very hateful about it and I was being nice -- I understand mistakes and I don't want something for nothing I just want the food I ask for done right and a little niceness goes along way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Paragould Forum right now

Search the Paragould Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Senate votes 56-43 to reverse Hobby Lobby Decision 46 min guest 24
Mike Ross took a payoff 1 hr bubba 6
girl with purple hair dollar general on Main 1 hr let us explain it to you 7
Is Terry Melton a lying scumbag? 2 hr buster 4
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 2 hr Honest Babe 9,924
sarah nailing - wilson (May '13) 2 hr Macky 22
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Feb '13) 2 hr Honest Babe 1,413
section 8 breaking news 4 hr just me 23
Burger King drama!! 4 hr guest 68