need some help

United States

#1 Nov 13, 2012
I need to know if becoming a waitress is worth it? It is really crappy paychecks BUT would the tips be worth it? Would I still be able to make at least $750 a month? That's tips and the paychecks together. I'm desperate for a job and I know of some restaurants hiring, so I need answers from current of recent waitresses please. Thanks!!!!

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2012
You'd most definitely make that! Personally, I'm never going back to a minimum wage every other week paycheck. I love going home with money in my pocket every night!

“Taste great in milk!”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

#3 Nov 13, 2012
need some help wrote:
I need to know if becoming a waitress is worth it? It is really crappy paychecks BUT would the tips be worth it? Would I still be able to make at least $750 a month? That's tips and the paychecks together. I'm desperate for a job and I know of some restaurants hiring, so I need answers from current of recent waitresses please. Thanks!!!!
My Waitresses tip-out My cooks at least that much a month.
But I'm in a different area of the Country.
wondering

United States

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for the comments...where would be the best place to be a waitress? Would Simpkins or Pizza Inn be a good place?
toast

Gregory, AR

#5 Nov 14, 2012
wondering wrote:
Thanks for the comments...where would be the best place to be a waitress? Would Simpkins or Pizza Inn be a good place?
Chili's. If u r s good waitress u can average $18 hr
Nici

Houston, TX

#7 Jun 19, 2013
Definitely not Simpkins. And pizza jobs aren't bad, but you usually don't get tipped nearly as well as better casual dining places like Chili's, Kimono - or even Don Jose's (we double-tip there because they always do such a good job).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pissed off wife 1 hr remember 2
WANTED! RC cars/trucks New, Used, Broken, Parts... (Mar '10) 1 hr lerene_01 185
Langston for sheriff again?!? 1 hr Felon 26
Is Tennco/Monroe going to Mexico!!!! 2 hr old timer 93
Male great dane 2 hr Heartbroken34 1
Dr &Mrs. Jones double murder anyone remember?? (Oct '08) 2 hr FamilyFolklore 175
married man 5 hr Wondering 128

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages