Should Arkansas deny drivers licences...

Should Arkansas deny drivers licences to gays?

Created by Frustrated Conservative on Dec 29, 2012

29 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes, Arkansas voters would vote for it

No, Arkansas might do it but it's Unconstitutional

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Paragould, AR

#1 Dec 29, 2012
Where in the Bill of Rights (or anywhere in the Constitution) might one find a right to a drivers license?

Hmm....it's not there is it. Therefore, laws setting forth qualifications to drive don't violate the Constitution.

Case closed.

United States

#2 Dec 29, 2012
No. How will they get around? Sprout wings and fly like fairies?

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2012
I would like that queers not even live in Arkansas or the USA.
Arkansas Voter

Paragould, AR

#4 Dec 29, 2012
This was the first Presiential election in a decade where we didn't have some anti-gay vote on the Arkansas statewide ballot...the "one man one woman" Amendment thing, the Act 1 "foster and adoption ban."

This wouldn't surprise me.

Sadly.
guesty

Paragould, AR

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Today I heard a petition will go around churches for this.

Paragould, AR

#6 Dec 29, 2012
Arkansas Voter wrote:
This was the first Presiential election in a decade where we didn't have some anti-gay vote on the Arkansas statewide ballot...the "one man one woman" Amendment thing, the Act 1 "foster and adoption ban."
Sadly.
This is the work of Little Rock based Arkansas Family Council:

https://familycouncil.org/
so what

Paragould, AR

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Guest wrote:
Why do you think it matters what you would like?
so what

Paragould, AR

#8 Dec 29, 2012
guest wrote:
lol!

Paragould, AR

#9 Dec 29, 2012
guest wrote:
Where in the Bill of Rights (or anywhere in the Constitution) might one find a right to a drivers license?
Hmm....it's not there is it. Therefore, laws setting forth qualifications to drive don't violate the Constitution.
Case closed.
Ever heard of equal protention under the law? Due process? Privacy rights?

Paragould, AR

#10 Dec 29, 2012
This is nothing but horse shit. Your mother should have swallowed.
superfly

Paragould, AR

#11 Dec 29, 2012
YOU PEOPLE ARE NUTS!
Yup

Paragould, AR

#12 Dec 29, 2012
guest wrote:
This is nothing but horse shit. Your mother should have swallowed.
Yes it is.
Yup

Paragould, AR

#13 Dec 29, 2012
guest wrote:
This post made me giggle :-)

Paragould, AR

#14 Dec 29, 2012
this is hilarious!!!
DMV

Paragould, AR

#15 Dec 29, 2012
Are you gay?

Paragould, AR

#16 Dec 29, 2012
will there be a test for this?

Paragould, AR

#18 Dec 29, 2012
Arkansas Voter wrote:
Sadly.
Would this be allowed?

Paragould, AR

#19 Dec 29, 2012
guest wrote:
Case closed.
Lesbians, gays and bisexuals do not claim any 'special' or 'additional rights' but the observance of the same rights as those of heterosexual persons.

Lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgendered (LGBT) persons are denied - either by law or practices - basic civil, political, social and economic rights. The following violations have been documented in all parts of the world:

Through special criminal provisions or practices on the basis of sexual orientation, in many countries lesbians, gays and bisexuals are denied equality in rights and before the law. Often laws maintain a higher age of consent for same sex relations in comparison with opposite sex relations.

The right to non-discrimination and to be free from violence and harassment is usually denied by omitting sexual orientation in anti-discrimination laws, constitutional provisions or their enforcement.

The right to life is violated in states where the death penalty is applicable for sodomy.

The right to be free from torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment is infringed upon by police practices, in investigations or in the case of lesbians, gays and bisexuals in detention.

Arbitrary arrest occurs in a number of countries with individuals suspected of having a homo/bisexual identity.

The freedom of movement is denied to bi-national couples by not recognizing their same sex relation.

The right to a fair trial is often affected by the prejudices of judges and other law enforcement officials.

The right to privacy is denied by the existence of 'sodomy laws' applicable to lesbians, gays and bisexuals, even if the relation is in private between consenting adults.

The rights to free expression and free association may either be denied explicitly by law, or lesbians, gays and bisexuals may not enjoy them because of the homophobic climate in which they live.

The practice of religion is usually restricted in the case of lesbians, gays and bisexuals, especially in the case of churches advocating against them.

The right to work is the most affected among the economic rights, many lesbians, gays and bisexuals being fired because of their sexual orientation or discriminated in employment policies and practices.

The rights to social security, assistance and benefits, and from here - the standard of living - are affected, for example when they have to disclose the identity of their spouse.

The right to physical and mental health is at conflict with discriminatory policies and practices, some physicians' homophobia, the lack of adequate training for health care personnel regarding sexual orientation issues or the general assumption that patients are heterosexuals.

The right to form a family is denied by governments by not-recognizing same sex families and by denying the rights otherwise granted by the state to heterosexual families who have not sought legal recognition, but still enjoy several rights. Children can also be denied protection against separation from parents based of a parent's sexual orientation. Lesbians, gay and bisexual couples and individuals are not allowed to adopt a child, even in the case of the child of their same sex partner.

Lesbian, gay and bisexual students may not enjoy the right to education because of an unsafe climate created by peers or educators in schools.
blah blah blah

Paragould, AR

#20 Dec 29, 2012
Guest wrote:
BOO
Tea

Lubbock, TX

#21 Dec 29, 2012
guesty wrote:
Today I heard a petition will go around churches for this.

THAT FIGURES

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Handyman why so hard to find any? 33 min Sexzman 13
JP Grooms proposed 500 gal per mo for constables 1 hr guest 4
Crystal Woo Cole 1 hr XYZ 18
Relationships 1 hr Married Guy 16
play the word game (Nov '08) 2 hr luci 12,919
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 2 hr luci 17,704
Monroe Employee Hot Line Phone # (Aug '08) 3 hr tihsllub 18

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance