First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Blue eyes

Paragould, AR

#1 Aug 19, 2012
Im a single Man in my 40s, I own my own home have a home at the lake and a good job, I also have a little girl. Im looking for a lady to spoil, One condition, I would rather her not have children.
heard

Paragould, AR

#2 Aug 19, 2012
Blue eyes wrote:
Im a single Man in my 40s, I own my own home have a home at the lake and a good job, I also have a little girl. Im looking for a lady to spoil, One condition, I would rather her not have children.
how rude
Blue eyes

Paragould, AR

#3 Aug 19, 2012
heard wrote:
<quoted text>
how rude
why
Friendly

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Aug 19, 2012
She would rather you not have children as well.
Blue eyes

Paragould, AR

#5 Aug 19, 2012
Friendly wrote:
She would rather you not have children as well.
Then maybe she shouldnt go out with me, ya think. Why not be upfront and honest?
Question

United States

#6 Aug 19, 2012
Im just curious if you have a kid why would you rather her not? Your right it's better to be honest.
Friendly

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Aug 20, 2012
Blue eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Then maybe she shouldnt go out with me, ya think. Why not be upfront and honest?
Yep, I think, and agree with you. "She" is thankful you are stating what kind of "man" you are up front.
Gigi

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Well ive almost hit 40 my children are in their late teens and id rather a man not any younger than mine. I make my own way and really kinda bragging is a turn off. I mean i don't want someone that is looking for a free ride. Just someone who would like to have fun with that wouldn't want to suck up all my time
Blue eyes

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2012
Question wrote:
Im just curious if you have a kid why would you rather her not? Your right it's better to be honest.
My daughter is 8 soon to be 9. I had been in a relationship with a woman who had 2 children. I guess I was blind to it but after we broke up my little girl told me that she didnt like her, I ask why and she said she liked her kids more and didnt like her. I had only left her with the lady 2 or 3 times at the most for an hour. Me and her have been on our own since she was 4 months old so It hurt me more that she had felt miss treated or ignored than it did with the lady and I breaking up.
Gigi

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Well u should have noticed. My x dates all the time bringing all kinds of broads around my kids. But they are older now. I respect u for raising ur daughter. My rule is nobody meets my kids unless they are going to b around a while. Then we didnt mingle much family time when i did date a guy with kids i told him he had to have him and his daughters time together cause i didnt want to be the lady who to her that took her dad away. The girl loved me. But i couldnt love him he was a pric. Leave things seperate at first. I would never want someones kid to look at me like i was taking away her time. Cause there is no man my kids can say i choose over them
jus sayin

Marion, AR

#11 Aug 20, 2012
Blue eyes wrote:
<quoted text>My daughter is 8 soon to be 9. I had been in a relationship with a woman who had 2 children. I guess I was blind to it but after we broke up my little girl told me that she didnt like her, I ask why and she said she liked her kids more and didnt like her. I had only left her with the lady 2 or 3 times at the most for an hour. Me and her have been on our own since she was 4 months old so It hurt me more that she had felt miss treated or ignored than it did with the lady and I breaking up.
Being alone raising your daughter for that length of time it's going to be hard for you to find any woman that your daughter is going to be willing to share you with. I'm betting she won't like any woman because she's too used to having daddy all to her self.
turtle face

United States

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Blue eyes wrote:
nothing wrong if the chick has daughters over 18!! Trust me it has it's advantages! Especially when the girls want clothes, gas money etc.
Blue eyes

United States

#13 Aug 20, 2012
Gigi wrote:
Well u should have noticed. My x dates all the time bringing all kinds of broads around my kids. But they are older now. I respect u for raising ur daughter. My rule is nobody meets my kids unless they are going to b around a while. Then we didnt mingle much family time when i did date a guy with kids i told him he had to have him and his daughters time together cause i didnt want to be the lady who to her that took her dad away. The girl loved me. But i couldnt love him he was a pric. Leave things seperate at first. I would never want someones kid to look at me like i was taking away her time. Cause there is no man my kids can say i choose over them
You are right, I should have and I kick myself for not seeing it, I guess thats why Im looking for a lady with out children. I love my little girl with all of me, I would never do anything to knowingly hurt her but I am a guy. There are times at the dinner table she will bring up the why havent I gone out or asks if I have met anyone, I think she knows Im alone. I know that pretty soon she will be to the point were she is going to need a woman to help guide through the puberty stuff. I am terrified about that, that stuff I guess means she is a girl. Im not sure how to even broach the subject. I guess we will do that like we have done everything else, just cross that bridge when it comes.
Blue eyes

United States

#14 Aug 20, 2012
jus sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Being alone raising your daughter for that length of time it's going to be hard for you to find any woman that your daughter is going to be willing to share you with. I'm betting she won't like any woman because she's too used to having daddy all to her self.
Yea I worry about that also. She is a smart little girl I dont know if it is because of being raised by a man or what it is. She seems to have a real good grasp on what is going on, maybe even a little to well. She has done sleep overs at friends homes and there are times I almost have to make her leave because she is worried I will be lonely, I have even thought about selling our home and moving into a smaller place we live is a large house in the country, she says she loves it there with all the animals and stuff. I just want whats best for her.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 21, 2012
I find nothing wrong with your attitude towards this honestly. Everyones always hyped about about being a good parent & that's what you're trying to do. Finding a woman with no children means no competition with not only with her children..but, no time taken away from the woman giving your daughter undivided attention. I don't think people consider their kids enough these days. They're all too busy jumping into bed with one another then throwing a new person into a childs life they're expected to accept. Anyone who blasts you over this probably has kids & aren't willing to see the flipside of it. I will say your daughters coming into the age to where she's going to need a strong female role model. Not saying you can't "do it all" (because you have thus far). However, there's things daddys just don't get or understand. I wish you luck. Ladies, be easy on him. He doesn't come across as an a$$, he's just looking out for the welfare of his daughter & taking her into consideration with his next choice of women. Something he didn't involve her in before.
Blue eyes

Paragould, AR

#16 Aug 21, 2012
The Laptop Lolita wrote:
I find nothing wrong with your attitude towards this honestly. Everyones always hyped about about being a good parent & that's what you're trying to do. Finding a woman with no children means no competition with not only with her children..but, no time taken away from the woman giving your daughter undivided attention. I don't think people consider their kids enough these days. They're all too busy jumping into bed with one another then throwing a new person into a childs life they're expected to accept. Anyone who blasts you over this probably has kids & aren't willing to see the flipside of it. I will say your daughters coming into the age to where she's going to need a strong female role model. Not saying you can't "do it all" (because you have thus far). However, there's things daddys just don't get or understand. I wish you luck. Ladies, be easy on him. He doesn't come across as an a$$, he's just looking out for the welfare of his daughter & taking her into consideration with his next choice of women. Something he didn't involve her in before.
Will you marry me lol. You put your words together so well. I do not have a woman to turn to like a sister aunt or mother. And I have tried a couple times to find her Mom, she has aske a couple times so I thought there is no way I could lie to her so I did honestly look One of the times I even hired a PI firm from little rock with no luck. I am real worried about her getting older and blossoming into a young lady, I can and have done the easter dress and stuff like that the bows for her hair but I just know absulutly nothing about the Monthly thing and stuff you have to order and what color box its suposed to be in. I have tried paying attention to some of the tv commercials and that leaves a guy more confused. If I havent got it figured out by the time I have decided to make an appointment with her doctor. Vern Ann Shotts and try to speak to her. I will probably need to do this alone cause Im sure I would embarass her
Blue eyes

Gregory, AR

#17 Aug 28, 2012
The Laptop Lolita wrote:
Do you mind me asking, Could a woman ever realy love my daughter? I have been worried that maybe I have waited to long for her to form a bond with anyone or them with her. Like I said she is a very smart little girl, I think with me being clueless has forced her to adjust.
Blue eyes

Gregory, AR

#18 Aug 28, 2012
The Laptop Lolita wrote:
One more question and I will leave you alone lol. Me and her live in a Large home, 5 bedrooms 3 full baths. If I dont find or dont want to find a woman for a relationship would it be ok to maybe rent out a room to a woman and let her know up front that I would like her to kinda help with the "Woman" stuff. I know I can do it but like you said she is going to need a strong female and I just dont know if talking to her Doc would be enough.
Gigi

United States

#19 Aug 28, 2012
If u have a good woman friend that is just a friend. Yes a good woman can love ur daughter she is part of u. But u kinda insinuate u may have a little money. Id keep that on the down low. So many women and men too are looking for someone to take care of them. Believe me my x husband has a lil money and at first they pretend to like my kids to get Brownie points. However my kids are older and they flat out tell him he is stupid. Not saying all he dates are but a few. Exspecially when he flaunts money. I get along with him fine and we are actually friends after all this time and he knows when i gripe i do it for the welfare of my kids. So Good luck but b careful and if everyone tells u how the chick is believe them. Ive given a few the benifit of the doubt and ive eat crow.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#20 Aug 28, 2012
Well, children have this sixth sense us adults don't have when it comes to people. Often times we're blinded by eye candy or lust:) Not to worry, she'll warm up to the right one & in turn, your potential mate will fall in love with your little girl. You'll just see it. More than likely you'll have to pull them apart because you're not getting any attention:) As for the "moving" a female in. Unless it's someone you know very well or it's a nanny...I don't suggest it. If it's for financial purposes ....maybe. Not just anyone though. Invest in books & read.... a lot. This ever changing world there is one constant with girls.... they grow quickly:) Not only their bodies but emotionally as well. Good luck with that! Haha! Oh & you're not bothering me:)Worst case scenerio... you have Topix to bounce around your thoughts & ideas . Us females have pretty decent advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paragould Fireworks 32 min TruthInLight 1
jobs hiring 41 min Guest 5
play the word game (Nov '08) 42 min luci 12,846
Paragould : The black welfare city 49 min guest 79
Chase McPherson (Apr '15) 2 hr Chase 4
Apartments in paragould 3 hr guesst 3
Looking for "GYPSY" 4 hr Friend 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages