Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

lmao @ people still referring to the "love shack" that was funny right there I dont care who ya are.
Guess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

guest wrote:
what do all you people that work at monroe think about your big raises? why dont they have the balls to come right out and say no you dont get a raise instead of saying we haven't heard back from corporate yet.
I think you and others should be " FINED A $5.00 FINE FOR WHINING. And donate it to someone who has been, off work for an illness, that could not work, or give it to a good cause elswhere.Just be glad you have a job, is the best way to give thanks.

“Ms. Ladyhawke ”

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

I work at the dc and, trust me, I get tired of all the overtime. And, yes, I get tired of all the bs that seems to flow through our facilities. It comes from management and the people on the floor.

But, here is what I have decided:
1) I have a good paying job
2) I have a secure job
3) I drive a decent vehicle
4) I have a roof over my head
5) I can pay my bills on time
6) I have food on the table and can eat out too
7) I will have a decent Christmas
8) At the church I attend, I was able to buy gifts for 2 children that won't have a Christmas

So, I am thankful that I can do all these.

How about you?
just me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

i have worked at dc. you want to call me a name? i work my ass off. i have worked at the plant more than dc, but i can tell you i got it easier at the plant. have you ever worked at the dc? go try it before you talk bad about it. just because you get people like T.M. from dc doesn't mean they are all lazy. hell the plant is laid back compared to dc. the office i am talking about is the one the team leaders are always in. what are they leading anyways?
Could be worse

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Ladyhawke wrote:
I work at the dc and, trust me, I get tired of all the overtime. And, yes, I get tired of all the bs that seems to flow through our facilities. It comes from management and the people on the floor.
But, here is what I have decided:
1) I have a good paying job
2) I have a secure job
3) I drive a decent vehicle
4) I have a roof over my head
5) I can pay my bills on time
6) I have food on the table and can eat out too
7) I will have a decent Christmas
8) At the church I attend, I was able to buy gifts for 2 children that won't have a Christmas
So, I am thankful that I can do all these.
How about you?
Amen to that. That is thriving.
mad

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

where i work we havent had a raise in 4 years and last jan they actually cut our pay by 75 cents now this year we been told their gonna mess with our vacation and holiday pay dont u love people who could care less about their employees
Curious

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Where do you work?
mad wrote:
where i work we havent had a raise in 4 years and last jan they actually cut our pay by 75 cents now this year we been told their gonna mess with our vacation and holiday pay dont u love people who could care less about their employees
Monroe employee

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

50 precent of the people that work here think they our owed something. Monroe owes you nothing if your not happy with what you do or your pay quit and see if you can find better somewhere else odds are you can't. Monroe pays all of us better than what they should if you don't think so try utility trailer, Emerson, or even darling most of the people that work at these places are temps who make 7 to 8 dollars an hour. So I guess my point here would be quit bitchin do your job be happy with what you get monroe pays well so if you have trouble making ends meet you should look at where you spend your money and make sure it's on the important thing. And no I'm not a boss or any big wig I'm just an hourly employee who likes my job and gets tired of all the people bitchn about not getting a raise.
another monroe employee

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

401k match is coming back soon I heard that's as good as a raise to me.
Wow

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Monroe employee wrote:
50 precent of the people that work here think they our owed something. Monroe owes you nothing if your not happy with what you do or your pay quit and see if you can find better somewhere else odds are you can't. Monroe pays all of us better than what they should if you don't think so try utility trailer, Emerson, or even darling most of the people that work at these places are temps who make 7 to 8 dollars an hour. So I guess my point here would be quit bitchin do your job be happy with what you get monroe pays well so if you have trouble making ends meet you should look at where you spend your money and make sure it's on the important thing. And no I'm not a boss or any big wig I'm just an hourly employee who likes my job and gets tired of all the people bitchn about not getting a raise.
Hey Tim Muclsky
Monroe employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tim Muclsky
This is not Tim who ever you are little wow person don't try and play the guessing game but glad to know he feels the same way
Tea Party

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Monroe employee wrote:
GOOD MORNIMG! Glad to see i didn,t miss anything.
Maybe it,s not T."shake my leg" M; but you sure sound like his type.
It's not really what we get paid hourly, weekly, or monthly, it's the fact they are taking advantage of us workers. No raise when times are bad, understandable! Raises don,t have to be at the first of the year. When things got better, why didn,t we get some kind of a raise? They can,t even keep us up with the cost of living anymore. 3%, each year, WOW!! We "the workers" don,t have a voice "UP-FRONT" anymore. Just dubs up there waiting for their retirement!

What do the other 50 percent think??????

TEA PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!

I,ve got more to say, but i,ve got to get to work!!!!!!!!!
Gabriel

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

You're making a widget that could be made a hell of a lot cheaper in China, and you're complaining that you still have a job...Amazing...

Ask those folks in Nebraska how bad YOU have it.

Why do you say "when things got better?" THINGS are still pretty damn slow everywhere...
Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD MORNIMG! Glad to see i didn,t miss anything.
Maybe it,s not T."shake my leg" M; but you sure sound like his type.
It's not really what we get paid hourly, weekly, or monthly, it's the fact they are taking advantage of us workers. No raise when times are bad, understandable! Raises don,t have to be at the first of the year. When things got better, why didn,t we get some kind of a raise? They can,t even keep us up with the cost of living anymore. 3%, each year, WOW!! We "the workers" don,t have a voice "UP-FRONT" anymore. Just dubs up there waiting for their retirement!
What do the other 50 percent think??????
TEA PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!
I,ve got more to say, but i,ve got to get to work!!!!!!!!!
toby

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

I don't know about the others, but I do know that utility doesn't use temps at all.
Monroe employee wrote:
Welll dayum

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

I say if not getting a raise today will help keep us in a job tomorrow I am all for working for the same rate as last year I made it thru that one. Times are hard we need to try and come together and work toward a better tomorrow instead of setting down whinning about today.
First and Last

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

guest wrote:
what do all you people that work at monroe think about your big raises? why dont they have the balls to come right out and say no you dont get a raise instead of saying we haven't heard back from corporate yet.
The First and the Fast words are " That YOU come to Monroe/Tenneco looking for a job, they did not come to you! So if you want that high dollar income, startup your own trade of business, and see how you can pay your people, benefits, raises, etc with your generated income, with all the overhead you shall incounter.
Monroe employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

toby wrote:
I don't know about the others, but I do know that utility doesn't use temps at all.
<quoted text>
well I do know that when I worked there they didn't pay much more over $8.50 starting pay so I think we have it pretty dang good here.
big daddy

Beech Grove, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2009

Guest wrote:
How can anyone make "MORE" money at dc? OVERTIME?
We get enough of the "spies, backstabbers, lazy-asses, etc. coming back to manufacturing from dc! We tried making some of them SUPERVISORS or TEAM LEADERS, but thats not working out!
I went to school, school and school. No job in front office i would want.If you're talking
"SALARY JOB", sure, i'd like that so i could get the stock option and early retirement.
"or you could do your best work in the office like some", are you talking about the office between dept 15 and 14?
Now you know noting happen over there,that was all just a rumor!
Mkay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Gabriel wrote:
You're making a widget that could be made a hell of a lot cheaper in China, and you're complaining that you still have a job...Amazing...<quoted text>
Trust me. If they could be made cheaper in China, that's where they'd be. The other places are all fighting for Monroe Paragould's business because they're afraid to get shut down, but Paragould has consistently built the product with less expense.

I worked there and didn't get a raise last year, but I was thankful for my job because I know of several people who would love to be at Monroe. Instead of griping about my not getting richer, I started worrying. Times were getting hard and production kept falling and scrap was rising. Why? Because people were so upset about not getting an extra 3% on their check that they were willing to screw everyone over by not doing their jobs and not trying to ensure we continued to provide the best product at the cheapest produced price and possibly getting our plant closed down. People really are... stupid.
cookie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2010

My husben works at monroe and I just thankful he has a good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of54
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Paragould Forum right now

Search the Paragould Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 5 min luci 15,438
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 8 min luci 9,872
dog injured and i can't find anyone who can help 18 min guest 7
Hillary 2016 28 min Guest 21
Heather Higginbotham/hattenhaur cheating on new... 31 min Curious 8
democrats meeting? 35 min Guest 4
land leveling crews (Sep '13) 41 min farmer dan 7
•••
•••