United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Suspect slashed police tires and went after police officer who shot and killed him. One of the Miller clan though his last name may have been owens.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Any updates
a friend

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Ig u guys don't watch the news the officer is Alive smh get a life
NOT

Dexter, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

His name was Gilbert Owens. The police were responding to a domestic call and the officer that was on duty prior to the officer that had the altercation had already been to the residence once, right in the middle of shift change another emergency call came in asking for help to the same residence. When Officer Gentry arrived he was met by Owens who was wielding a hunting knife, Owens proceeded to slash the tires on a family members truck then he started slashing the tires on the police car when ordered by Gentry to stop Owens turned on him and refused to drop the knife and proceeded toward Gentry, now let me tell you Owens stood a good 6'4" and weighed a good 250/260 lbs. Officer Gentry was forced to pull his weapon and stop Owens.

It is a tragic ending and we as a town will mourn for Owens children. Officer Gentry I am sure will need all of the support he can get.And there are plenty of us that stand behind him 100%

Owens was married to Brandy Miller and they had 2 boys. Such a sad thing to happen to these children.
Annie

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Wow that's crazy
Want not

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Annie wrote:
Wow that's crazy
Thats what happens when you start at a cop with a weapon . I don't blame the cop.

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

And this discussion is on the Paragould topix because?????

Why not discuss this on Senath topix?

Or did Senath become a suburb beside Carriage Hills?
Melinda Rogers Ethridge

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

I am Gilbert Owens first cousin. he was cremated and the service will be at 2:oo in Senath. All I have to say about this subject is that I don't care how much trouble Gilbert may have caused it did not warrant his death! Don't the cops in Senath have tasers? Have they been trained to shoot someone in the leg that is threatening them. Personally I feel sorry for anyone who gets into trouble in Senath. I will not be attending the funeral due to the fact that the family that he chose to live his life of hell with will be there!
My condolences to his children, his father Carlin, his older brother and sister Chuck and Terry, his younger brother Steven and his younger sisters Melissa and Jessica. I love you all and you are all in my heart at this time of sorrow and injustice

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Melissa,

Why are you putting this on the Paragould topix? Put it on the Sentath topix.

As for why? If a person comes at a police officer with a weapon and refuses to put it down that is enough reason for the officer to take action. Or do you prefer that the officer be killed because this poor person had such a horrible life.

Good for the police officer. Sure that his family is happy that he did as he was trained and it was not him killed instead.
Melinda Rogers Ethridge wrote:
I am Gilbert Owens first cousin. he was cremated and the service will be at 2:oo in Senath. All I have to say about this subject is that I don't care how much trouble Gilbert may have caused it did not warrant his death! Don't the cops in Senath have tasers? Have they been trained to shoot someone in the leg that is threatening them. Personally I feel sorry for anyone who gets into trouble in Senath. I will not be attending the funeral due to the fact that the family that he chose to live his life of hell with will be there!
My condolences to his children, his father Carlin, his older brother and sister Chuck and Terry, his younger brother Steven and his younger sisters Melissa and Jessica. I love you all and you are all in my heart at this time of sorrow and injustice
Melinda Rogers Ethridge

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
Melissa,
Why are you putting this on the Paragould topix? Put it on the Sentath topix.
As for why? If a person comes at a police officer with a weapon and refuses to put it down that is enough reason for the officer to take action. Or do you prefer that the officer be killed because this poor person had such a horrible life.
Good for the police officer. Sure that his family is happy that he did as he was trained and it was not him killed instead.
<quoted text>
FIRST OF ALL MY NAME IS MELINDA AND NOT MELISSA! SECONDLY SINCE GILBERT HAS FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN PARAGOULD THAT WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT IT I GAVE THEM THE INFORMATION. THAT'S WHY ITS ON THE FORUM, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT SKIP IT!!!!!OH AND BY THE WAY AT LEAST I HAD THE GUTS TO USE MY NAME UNLIKE YOU!

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

<quoted text>FIRST OF ALL MY NAME IS MELINDA AND NOT MELISSA! SECONDLY SINCE GILBERT HAS FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN PARAGOULD THAT WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT IT I GAVE THEM THE INFORMATION. THAT'S WHY ITS ON THE FORUM, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT SKIP IT!!!!!OH AND BY THE WAY AT LEAST I HAD THE GUTS TO USE MY NAME UNLIKE YOU!
He either had a bad, bad temper or was on drugs or both. Any comment?
Melinda Rogers Ethridge

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> He either had a bad, bad temper or was on drugs or both. Any comment?
WELL I SEE YOU STILL DO'T HAVE THE BALLS TO PUT YOUR REAL NAME ON HERE BUT OH WELL AND YEAH I DO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY......I DON'T CARE IF HE WAS ON DRUGS OR PISSED OFF AT THE WORLD HE STILL DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE KILLED! AND NO I DON'T WANT ANY DEAD COPS I'M JUST SAYING IT WAS GUN AGAINST KNIFE AND IF I WERE A POLICE OFFICER I WOULD DO ANY AND EVERYTHING IN MY POWER NOT TO KILL SOMEONE! HE COULDN'T BE SHOT IN THE ARM, SHOULDER, KNEE OR LEG, THEN HE WOULD DO TIME IN JAIL AND STILL BE THERE HIS KIDS WHO ARE NOW GROWING UP WITH THE MEMORY OF WATCHING THEIR FATHER GUNNED DOWN........HE HAD A FRIGGINN' KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!
Melinda Rogers Ethridge

Paragould, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Clint Muldare wrote:
Enquiring minds wanna laugh.
Let's see how hard you laugh when it happens to your family!
Kay Sommer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>WELL I SEE YOU STILL DO'T HAVE THE BALLS TO PUT YOUR REAL NAME ON HERE BUT OH WELL AND YEAH I DO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY......I DON'T CARE IF HE WAS ON DRUGS OR PISSED OFF AT THE WORLD HE STILL DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE KILLED! AND NO I DON'T WANT ANY DEAD COPS I'M JUST SAYING IT WAS GUN AGAINST KNIFE AND IF I WERE A POLICE OFFICER I WOULD DO ANY AND EVERYTHING IN MY POWER NOT TO KILL SOMEONE! HE COULDN'T BE SHOT IN THE ARM, SHOULDER, KNEE OR LEG, THEN HE WOULD DO TIME IN JAIL AND STILL BE THERE HIS KIDS WHO ARE NOW GROWING UP WITH THE MEMORY OF WATCHING THEIR FATHER GUNNED DOWN........HE HAD A FRIGGINN' KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!
I put my name on. Satisfied?

My son is a cop. If someone comes after him with a knife I just hope he gets them before they get him.
You suggested shooting him somewhere to stop him . I think you have watched too much TV. What if the man kept coming and stabbed
him anyway.
You didn't answer my question about drugs or his anger. Does he have a record of domestic disturbance? A record of any kind? If so this gave insight to the cop with whom he was dealing.
It's easy for you to say. You were not in the cops shoes. And you are judging from an emotional view of love, grief, and hurt. Its understandable. But please don't judge the cop so harshly. His life was on the line and he had a family, too. My sincere condolences to you and the rest of the family.

“Hmm, need Calculus for this.. ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Woolsthorpe-by-Colsterworth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Here's the deal. Police are trained to remove a threat as quickly and as reliably as possible. They are trained specifically *not* to shoot to merely maim someone that is threatening them or others, they are trained to aim for the center of mass and to place multiple rounds within that center of mass. Why? Because that is the most reliable means of removing the threat. By the way, they are also trained to use deadly force in the case of any threat, be it knife or baseball bat or tire iron...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Paragould Forum right now

Search the Paragould Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
girl with purple hair dollar general on Main 26 min guest 9
Burger King drama!! 29 min Guest 69
20hp Craftsman mower for sale 36 min Grandmother 3
Walgreen's Exodus 38 min Grandmother 2
Dr. Brinson Hargraves 58 min Guest 1
section 8 breaking news 59 min Grandmother 24
Easy chicks (Apr '11) 1 hr guest 13
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) Thu Nevaehym 568
•••