First Prev
of 3
Next Last
guest

Paragould, AR

#49 Sep 30, 2008
the RN itis almost always comes from the BSN's and its because they really dont know as much as the ones that were LPN's first, the smartest way is LPN, Then bridge to RN-ASN work as a RN and continue to the BSN while working. ASU tech is going to a 9 month LPN add another year and a half for ASN and then BSN, you will spend just 3 months more than straight BSN, trust me youll be happier you went that way
tanya

Paragould, AR

#50 Oct 1, 2008
yea im pretty sure that i never said i was better than any rn all i said was that i have met some pretty lazy rns... and as for you saying that i practice out of my scope uhhhh no. i never said i was doing any of those things except for the assessment part. and no matter what you say if you dont assess your patient everytime you see them and then paint a pretty lil pic in the nurses notes then you are a bad nurse rn or lpn... so get ova it and i will have to agree for you to even be arguing over the whole issue this must mean you are one of the rnitis having nurses.... so enjoy
St Bernards ICU

Paragould, AR

#51 Oct 1, 2008
tanya wrote:
.....i am lpn and i know waaay more than most rns.....being a lpn is where you really learn all the necessary nursing methods... you wont learn anything with paper work except maybe a neat way to sign your name......
.....yes you did say you were bettter than RNs....

if you make a statement, at least stand by it, and don't backpedal.
RN BSN

Paragould, AR

#52 Oct 2, 2008
tanya wrote:
ok for the rn vs lpn thing.... yea rns make more money duh... but for what? exra paper work? that would b about it... or at least for all the rns that i have come across... and i have seen some dum rns. i am lpn and i know waaay more than most rns... they dont know jack sh*t bout the medications because most of them will not ever pass meds... and i just hate to see those that are going to school for rn and get what i call rn-itis... they just think they better... and i also think that being a lpn b4 u become a rn is very beneficial because being a lpn is where you really learn all the necessary nursing methods... you wont learn anything with paper work except maybe a neat way to sign your name... and as for all the cnas that are going to rn school... more power to ya but let me just say this you are missing a big step.
I think you are soooo wrong. Im not sure where all of your experience as a nurse has been, but not all RNs, BSN or not, treat LPNs as "lesser" employees. I have worked with a lot of wonderful LPNs. I agree that we are trained on a lot of paper work, but as someone else said, nurses who work in the hospital work a lot harder than the LPNs, if you must compare. We are responsible for a team of patients of our own, providing care, medicating, etc, as well as, being responsible for the assessments of the LPNs patients. Therefore, we do all that the LPNs do with twice the assessments.
Now, I will finish with saying hats off to all of you nurses out there. LPN, ASN, BSN...Whatever. The medical field needs each one of you. Do what makes you happy! Whatever that may be!
RN BSN

Paragould, AR

#53 Oct 2, 2008
guest wrote:
the RN itis almost always comes from the BSN's and its because they really dont know as much as the ones that were LPN's first, the smartest way is LPN, Then bridge to RN-ASN work as a RN and continue to the BSN while working. ASU tech is going to a 9 month LPN add another year and a half for ASN and then BSN, you will spend just 3 months more than straight BSN, trust me youll be happier you went that way
I agree with you that LPNs come to the hospital setting more clinically prepared than BSNs. However, many people do it in ONE step because they were smart enough to get full paid scholarships and it would be stupid not to pursue BSN. Just a thought. And RNitis is shown by a lot of ASNs. I It has nothing to do with the degree it has to do with the persons personality and character
Nurse

Paragould, AR

#54 Oct 2, 2008
RN hopeful wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just entering my nursing program(for a 2 year degree). I am married and have 2 very young children. I want so badly to become a nurse, not so much for the money as much as for the opportunity to have a career that I feel good about. Eventually I'd like to have a BSN, but I'd be happy with the Assosiates-I've worked VERY hard for it. Not everone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth-I personally think the single Moms out there that are working toward a future are the real achievers.
You can do whatever you set your mind to. My son was an infant when I started working on my BSN and I graduated when he was 3. It was hard work and I was not "silver spoon" Lucky either. Heck, I did good just to make ends meet from check to check. But, although my family didnt have a lot of money, they offerred enough love and support to feed an army. And for that I will always be thankful. I would not be where I am today without them.
Me too

Paragould, AR

#55 Oct 2, 2008
I too, work in an ICU setting. I have my 2 critical patients, on vents, cardiac drugs, etc., and then I have to do the assessments of the LPN, and then later on I have to hang her blood, etc. This LPN is a great nurse, but we no longer hire LPNs in the unit because of this very reason; she was grandfathered in when they changed the rules, and she has been here 17 years. I don't think they should hire LPNs in the ER either, or for that matter new grads; it is just too much to learn to fast, and new grads don't have the critical thinking skills necessary to learn to function in a fast paced or critical setting like the ICU or ER.
tanya

Paragould, AR

#56 Oct 2, 2008
St Bernards ICU wrote:
<quoted text>
.....yes you did say you were bettter than RNs....
if you make a statement, at least stand by it, and don't backpedal.
yea im pretty sure if you read that right i said i know waaaayyy more than some of theses rns... it neva once says that i am better... so go read it right... and yea i kno that not all rns are like this im just saying that the ones that i have come across are about as dum as a box of rocks.... so get it striaght... and read it right... i know some rns that couldnt tell you even the basics of some of the drugs and they been rns for years... and thats sad... im not knocking all rns so dont think that just saying that i havent had the pleasure of working with one that i felt like had a brain....
tanya

Paragould, AR

#57 Oct 2, 2008
yea im pretty sure if you read that right i said i know waaaayyy more than some of theses rns... it neva once says that i am better... so go read it right... and yea i kno that not all rns are like this im just saying that the ones that i have come across are about as dum as a box of rocks.... so get it striaght... and read it right... i know some rns that couldnt tell you even the basics of some of the drugs and they been rns for years... and thats sad... im not knocking all rns so dont think that just saying that i havent had the pleasure of working with one that i felt like had a brain....
Loser

Paragould, AR

#58 Oct 2, 2008
Tanya you must work in a nursing home, because the RNs I work with all know their stuff, and it's the LPNs we have to watch for. Your posts make you look like an idiot.
nurse

United States

#59 Oct 2, 2008
yall sound crazy
Nurse

Lake Charles, LA

#60 Oct 2, 2008
Who cares? Aren't we all just lucky to have jobs?
ASN Nurse

Paragould, AR

#61 Oct 2, 2008
BSN wrote:
You really dont want to be a two year RN, they are looked at as a " Lesser " nurse and I am not implying they are but behind the scenes yes the BSN nurse always have looked down on the ASN as the underacheiver who couldnt go the distance. Pay there is difference but mostly it is the promotions available to the BSN that are not there for the ASN, everyone knows that.
I hope I never need a job so bad I have to work with you. Did you have RV for a clinical instructor? Sounds like some of his attitude. You are a prime example why some BSN's are called Bull S@%#$ Nurses.
guest

Paragould, AR

#62 Oct 2, 2008
I didnt say it was all BSN-RNs just my experience most was BSN-RNs, I have seen ASN-RNs act the same way, and I let my emotions get the best of me before. I just hate hearing nurses bash according to title, but your all right some LPNs shouldnt be allowed near anyone I have no idea how they got where they are, Even ASN-RNS, and I have seen with my own eyes and heard from other BSN-RNs about how stupid some of the BSN-RNs are. we all know some colleges are alot easier than others and Im a firm believer the harder the program the better the nurse, but some nurses just get lucky and pass boards when really they should of been in a different field. so instead of just bashing the rank of a nurse. shouldnt we foucus on the person behind the title. there are both great LPNs, and RNs. but even the great ones dont know everything. let me ask you this do you feel better about yourself when you show a nurse how to do something they didnt know or blow them off and bad mouth them later.
ASN Nurse

Paragould, AR

#63 Oct 3, 2008
guest wrote:
I didnt say it was all BSN-RNs just my experience most was BSN-RNs, I have seen ASN-RNs act the same way, and I let my emotions get the best of me before. I just hate hearing nurses bash according to title, but your all right some LPNs shouldnt be allowed near anyone I have no idea how they got where they are, Even ASN-RNS, and I have seen with my own eyes and heard from other BSN-RNs about how stupid some of the BSN-RNs are. we all know some colleges are alot easier than others and Im a firm believer the harder the program the better the nurse, but some nurses just get lucky and pass boards when really they should of been in a different field. so instead of just bashing the rank of a nurse. shouldnt we foucus on the person behind the title. there are both great LPNs, and RNs. but even the great ones dont know everything. let me ask you this do you feel better about yourself when you show a nurse how to do something they didnt know or blow them off and bad mouth them later.
The most important thing we can do as nurses is to teach each other and lean on each other. I am stronger because you make me so. Any nurse that tells you she knows it all is scary as hell.
Guest

Paragould, AR

#64 Oct 3, 2008
AMMC pays LPN around $10 an hour if there just out of school. They pay awful
tanya

Paragould, AR

#65 Oct 4, 2008
Loser wrote:
Tanya you must work in a nursing home, because the RNs I work with all know their stuff, and it's the LPNs we have to watch for. Your posts make you look like an idiot.
and yea i do work in a nursing home... what difference does it make... and i have seen some rns do a med pass in 3 hrs that only takes me 45 mins to do, and do it the right way, im a good nurse and im an lpn.... and like i already said i know its not all the rns out there that are like that just the ones ive worked with... and i know several ppl that would agree that have worked with them... so say wat you want.. and when you say its the lpns you have to watch for you must mean the fresh ones bcuz i assure you i dont need anyone watching over my shoulder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 15 min Honest Babe 4,089
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 16 min Honest Babe 16,610
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 17 min Honest Babe 2,126
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Feb '13) 17 min Honest Babe 1,882
You can rest easy the Paragould Police are on t... 26 min Clay 22
James and Crystal Toney 56 min Aunt 10
strip club in paragould !!!!! city ok with it??? (Oct '14) 1 hr someone87 47
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) 13 hr guest 669
More from around the web

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]