FIX MY ROAD

United States

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Since the snow, there has been no clay county road personel to blade our road. A kind hearted neighbor bladed it after the 3rd day of our road being undrivable.
Since then, snow melt has produced very deep rutting and dangerous use conditions.
The rain has made it even worse to the point I had to miss work and my children had to miss school today.
Contacting the maintenance dot. For our county road has not helped.
What is the chain of command? I want to take this to the top of the chain.
Location of our road is in Clay county.
Thank you for any help

Paragould, AR

#2 Jan 10, 2013
FIX MY ROAD wrote:
Since the snow, there has been no clay county road personel to blade our road. A kind hearted neighbor bladed it after the 3rd day of our road being undrivable.
Since then, snow melt has produced very deep rutting and dangerous use conditions.
The rain has made it even worse to the point I had to miss work and my children had to miss school today.
Thank you for any help
It would probably be to your benefit to call the Road Dept in Clay Co.
FIX MY ROAD

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Thank you. At least 2 families have called. More than once
just sayin

Little Rock, AR

#5 Jan 10, 2013
I don't know what you think you're going to get accomplished b*tching about it on GREENE COUNTY topix. With our POS county judge, nothing gets done on our roads either.
FIX MY ROAD

United States

#6 Jan 10, 2013
I don't visit Topix.
I was told to come here to get answers.

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2013
I live on a Greene County road & it's pretty horrible too. The only time the road grader shows is usually the day before we expect rain.
Sandman

United States

#8 Jan 10, 2013
just sayin wrote:
I don't know what you think you're going to get accomplished b*tching about it on GREENE COUNTY topix. With our POS county judge, nothing gets done on our roads either.
I agree. Go to the Piggott forum instead of the Paragould forum. Greene County could care less about what goes on in another county. They are not gonna fix it for you.

United States

#9 Jan 10, 2013
You could call highway dept in paragould. Explain your problem and that no one is listening to you. Greene county AHTD is in the same district. They work hand and hand with Clay county Randolph county etc.
Tanisha

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Jan 10, 2013
NO, Fix your own road.

United States

#11 Jan 10, 2013
FIX MY ROAD wrote:
Thank you for any help
Write a letter to the editor of your local paper telling about how you can't get help. Bet you will then.
Interesting

Little Rock, AR

#12 Jan 10, 2013
just sayin wrote:
where do you live?
FIX MY ROAD

United States

#13 Jan 17, 2013
Thank you for all ideas. Although this is old news, thought I'd update for any interested.
I spoke with road dpt. supervisor. Said they'd put me on "list". Replied if my children miss very many days, the system gets involved and I'll be before the judge explaining why my kids missed too many school days and why I am without work now. The next day the county road was fixed.:-)
Thank you Clay County.!
Nobody

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
I live on a Greene County road & it's pretty horrible too. The only time the road grader shows is usually the day before we expect rain.
They probably listen to the weather report and decide to grade your road on that day. Watch out for those nails after they grade!
Nobody

United States

#15 Jan 17, 2013
FIX MY ROAD wrote:
Thank you for all ideas. Although this is old news, thought I'd update for any interested.
I spoke with road dpt. supervisor. Said they'd put me on "list". Replied if my children miss very many days, the system gets involved and I'll be before the judge explaining why my kids missed too many school days and why I am without work now. The next day the county road was fixed.:-)
Thank you Clay County.!
How funny is that? Honey you grew a pair!! Sometimes that's what you have to do to get something done.
not really me

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Guest wrote:
which road?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 3 min abcd 2,745
Who will be the next sheriff of Greene county 7 min Timeforachange 1
Jonathan Grooms 22 min Old friend 1
John Grooms (Jun '13) 24 min Old friend 5
Females mistress wanted. 2 hr Ahole 2
monroe dc 4 hr guest 1
So has anyone seen Emily Baldwin 5 hr Emilys pimp 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages