Cgeer/Tumbling Classes

Posted in the Paragould Forum

need information

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2008
I was wanting to put my daughter in cheer/tumbling classes. I did not want to drive all the way to jonesboro, but also do not want to take her to Champions here in town. I have heard of a new place called Just For Kicks. I was wondering if anyone had their child in classes there and what was their thoughts? Thanks
Loved Lib

Malden, MO

#2 Aug 5, 2008
need information wrote:
I was wanting to put my daughter in cheer/tumbling classes. I did not want to drive all the way to jonesboro, but also do not want to take her to Champions here in town. I have heard of a new place called Just For Kicks. I was wondering if anyone had their child in classes there and what was their thoughts? Thanks
We loved Liberty. My daughter did really well out there. It's a couple of miles out of town. We haven't been in a couple of years so I'm not sure if it is still out there. You turn there by Glen Sain Ford out toward Oak Grove I belive.
need information

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2008
Liberty is not opened anymore. A few people from Liberty has referred me to Just For Kicks, and I was wanting a little more reference first. Thanks

United States

#4 Aug 5, 2008
I would definately recommend Just For Kicks. Great people who know what they are doing!

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#5 Aug 5, 2008
where is just for kicks and how to get ahold of them? do you know prices anyone?
abc

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6 Aug 5, 2008
why not champions?

just curious...we've never had a bad experience there.
abc

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#7 Aug 5, 2008
and i'm not trying to start any trouble...so can we please keep this a trash free thread?=]

Walnut Ridge, AR

#8 Aug 6, 2008
I have a long list as to why I would not take my child to champions.

Little Rock, AR

#9 Aug 6, 2008
Just for Kicks is located in the same plaza as the old Kroger and West Coast Video. They probably are not listed in the phone book, but call information and I am sure you could get a number.

Little Rock, AR

#10 Aug 6, 2008
I think Champions is a wonderful facility for gymnastics, just not cheerleading.

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#11 Aug 6, 2008
my step daughter went to champions for gymnastics and it has gotten bad that is y she is no longer in it...the teachers just have their favorites is my opinion.

Walnut Ridge, AR

#13 Aug 8, 2008
I quit taking my child to champions after I figured out that many of the teachers are not trained in gymnastics or coaching themselves.
abc

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#14 Aug 8, 2008
who is coaching there these days?
freddie three fingers

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Aug 8, 2008
being trained and knowing what your doing are sometimes two different things..champions is far far better than Liberty IMHO..I highly recommend champions
hello

Walnut Ridge, AR

#16 Aug 8, 2008
This makes no sense to me. This thread is about whether or not Just for Kicks is a good place for cheer and tumbling. Its not about how bad champions is. The original poster does not want to send her child there anyway as she has said. So answer her question... Is Just for Kicks good or is there another option besides Champions?

So how are being trained and knowing what you are doing different? Do you want your child to sit in Algebra class and learn from a teacher who has never done Algebra? Probably not. So you wouldn't want them to be taught dance, cheer, gymnastics or whatever from someone who has never done that before either, regardless of whether or not they "think they know what they are doing." So the best thing anyone can do for their children in any sport is make sure that the person teaching them has the knowledge, training, and is safe.
freddie three fingers

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Aug 8, 2008
hello wrote:
This makes no sense to me. This thread is about whether or not Just for Kicks is a good place for cheer and tumbling. Its not about how bad champions is. The original poster does not want to send her child there anyway as she has said. So answer her question... Is Just for Kicks good or is there another option besides Champions?
So how are being trained and knowing what you are doing different? Do you want your child to sit in Algebra class and learn from a teacher who has never done Algebra? Probably not. So you wouldn't want them to be taught dance, cheer, gymnastics or whatever from someone who has never done that before either, regardless of whether or not they "think they know what they are doing." So the best thing anyone can do for their children in any sport is make sure that the person teaching them has the knowledge, training, and is safe.
Someone can go to college for something and still a complete idiot when they get out...lets say they went to college to coach basketball..but have no talent for it and they stink at it, and dont do well with kids..so they stink at it. then you have someone who played for 5-6 years themselves, love the sport and interact with kids great. who would be the better coach? the one who went to college or the one with natural ability? thats what i was getting at.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
G.W. Bush supports Cotton 1 hr George w 8
Subteach USA (Aug '08) 2 hr Guest 98
Emily at Mcdonalds 3 hr Pied Piper 8
Elizabeth friar and Jared fields 3 hr Pied Piper 15
does mission do more harm or good to east side 3 hr dollar bill 9
strip club in paragould !!!!! city ok with it??? 4 hr Davey 38
Church At Paragould 4 hr wondering 14
Will the Paragould School Board 10 hr Judge judy 87
Paragould Dating
Find my Match