First Prev
of 2
Next Last
duh

Paragould, AR

#1 Feb 6, 2010
Does anyone else think dodge store needs more clerks?When you go in there there is always a line from the counter to almost the back of the store and only 1 person working the register.If you go in there late at night and its not that busy you still have to wait because they have to make the coffee b4 they wait on you or something its always a wait anymore when you go there.Also there is a youner lady that works the late shift and she is a grouch she needs to find her another job if she hates her job so bad she has to be so hateful she don't smile and she looks at ya like what do you want and is very rude.I think they need to take out the new drive thru that you hardly ever see anyone at and put in more registers with people working them.
trailortrash

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2010
grouch?just because she chooses not to flirt with you and have a long drawn out conversation doesnt mean anything about her not liking or doing her job,and yes they could use a few more clerks during peak hours.
duh

Paragould, AR

#3 Feb 7, 2010
trailortrash wrote:
grouch?just because she chooses not to flirt with you and have a long drawn out conversation doesnt mean anything about her not liking or doing her job,and yes they could use a few more clerks during peak hours.
i don't get off on other woman flirting with me and i don't go in the store to have long drawn out conversations thank you.When you walk in a store and go to the counter and they turn around and start doing something else and leave yo standing there waiting is very rude and if i were her boss and her attitude didn't change her ass would be fired.
josie

Paragould, AR

#4 Feb 7, 2010
Her boss is her mom, so thats not going to happen.
customer

Paragould, AR

#5 Feb 7, 2010
how about flashmarket east. theres 1 VERY rude cashier, that if youve ever been there, u know who i'm talkin about.
Yeah

Barnesville, OH

#6 Feb 7, 2010
It is not like there are not other places in paragould to go! There are other places that are even cheaper. You have a problem wth Dodge Store, go some where else. Problem solved!

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2010
I think they're fleecing people with their kerosene prices.
old geezer

Williamson, WV

#8 Feb 7, 2010
Belasrius wrote:
I think they're fleecing people with their kerosene prices.
think so? try buying a gallon of the stuff at Lowe's.

TEN DOLLARS!$10.00!! a GALLON!!

I remember when it was 11 cents a gallon, but then, that may be
why I'm an "old geezer."
Just a complainer

United States

#9 Feb 7, 2010
Yeah wrote:
It is not like there are not other places in paragould to go! There are other places that are even cheaper. You have a problem wth Dodge Store, go some where else. Problem solved!
You are right, I go to the Dodge Store about once a year, because I have never felt welcome there. East side no to bad at times. Flash west side forget it. I go to Murphy's with my card and drive on. At the Flash locations you have to go in the purchase a 3 cent discount card, that when some of the clerks act as if they would just as soon be out side smoking to stink the door ways up.

Level 1

United States

#10 Feb 7, 2010
old geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
think so? try buying a gallon of the stuff at Lowe's.
TEN DOLLARS!$10.00!! a GALLON!!
I remember when it was 11 cents a gallon, but then, that may be
why I'm an "old geezer."
Yeah, but that's that Crown K-1 that comes in a blue barrel and you pay for the convenience.
didnt go

Paragould, AR

#11 Feb 7, 2010
Belasrius wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but that's that Crown K-1 that comes in a blue barrel and you pay for the convenience.
I dont have a problem with the dodge store. They are always very nice to me!
duh

Paragould, AR

#12 Feb 7, 2010
Yeah wrote:
Why should i drive a to a store i live 2 streets over from dodge store?They just need to be a little bit nicer to the customers and have both registers working during the day and early hours at nite.When you go in there to get something and it takes 10 minutes or even just to pay for gas and it takes 10 min then there is a problem somewhere,and they need to try to figure out away to speed up there help.They also could use a little more parking area.
Yeah

Barnesville, OH

#13 Feb 7, 2010
duh wrote:
<quoted text>Why should i drive a to a store i live 2 streets over from dodge store?They just need to be a little bit nicer to the customers and have both registers working during the day and early hours at nite.When you go in there to get something and it takes 10 minutes or even just to pay for gas and it takes 10 min then there is a problem somewhere,and they need to try to figure out away to speed up there help.They also could use a little more parking area.
Well I am just saying that the 10 min you stood in line would have got you to Murphy's and back before you got through the line! Instead of everyone complaining about something on here that isn't going to get you anywhere, just go somewhere else! You do have a choice!
Yeah

Barnesville, OH

#14 Feb 7, 2010
I do agree that dodge store has it's problems, That is whay I go to Murphy's. They are nicer, they don't have hot food, but I get in and get out! Gas is cheaper and I know what I am getting! I don't go to Dodge store because Long lines, when I get to the front the clerk is on the cell! Not to mention they are expensive! You do have many choices in pgould, pick one!
duh

Paragould, AR

#15 Feb 7, 2010
Well everytime i have drove bye Murphys they are full i went there last night to return a movie and seen almost two different wrecks in the parking lot.But yeah i do have many choices.It seems like since they started the lottery all the stores are a busy.I am not conplaining about that im just saying.But anyway i have always went to dodge store bcause like i say i live 2 streets over and it is close but i guess i might try another one if the things at dodge don't change.
customer

Paragould, AR

#16 Feb 7, 2010
Just a complainer wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, I go to the Dodge Store about once a year, because I have never felt welcome there. East side no to bad at times. Flash west side forget it. I go to Murphy's with my card and drive on. At the Flash locations you have to go in the purchase a 3 cent discount card, that when some of the clerks act as if they would just as soon be out side smoking to stink the door ways up.
you dont HAVE to buy the gas cards at flash, only if you want the extra 3 cens off the gas
Guest2

Little Rock, AR

#17 Feb 12, 2010
duh wrote:
Does anyone else think dodge store needs more clerks?When you go in there there is always a line from the counter to almost the back of the store and only 1 person working the register.If you go in there late at night and its not that busy you still have to wait because they have to make the coffee b4 they wait on you or something its always a wait anymore when you go there.Also there is a youner lady that works the late shift and she is a grouch she needs to find her another job if she hates her job so bad she has to be so hateful she don't smile and she looks at ya like what do you want and is very rude.I think they need to take out the new drive thru that you hardly ever see anyone at and put in more registers with people working them.
I agree 100% there is a lil blonde girl who works 3rd shift..She was cussing and carying on one night when I was in there.Taliking about some wendy Girl being a B**** and she could fire her if she wanted to ect ect ect!! ANd when I walked up to the register she just looked at me and I told her if she worked for me she wouldve been fired just over the conversation she was having..She said"Well bitch if you dont like it you can shop some where else!!I was stunned at her attitude..A few years back there use to be very friendly people workn there Mama Glenda was awesome she always joked around with us when we would be out on saturday nights..But she use to get our butts for hanging out in the parking lot to long too..And ol lady Sandy heck she was cool too once she liked ya!1 But boy shed let ya have it too sometimes..But she never cussed anyone..AND what happened to Chris she use to be the one who would get us in & out on our lunch breaks..And there was one other girl oohh what was her name....she had been there ever since I can remember real tall glasses she has a son my age!! Dang I cant remember her name darn it..But she was cool too.Just gotta say things have changed and it aint like it use to be no more good friendly and FAST service!!BUt day shift is ok..guess it has to be the boss is there during those hours HUH??!!
Totally Agree

Paragould, AR

#18 Feb 12, 2010
Dodge has changed for the BAD. I too have been unfortunate enough to have to wait in one of those eternal lines but not by choice.

My luck 2 weeks ago on a Friday afternoon a co-worker asked me to take her somewhere after work. I realized that my tank was empty and pulled in thinking I might be able to get gas and out fast because there were only a couple of other cars at the pumps. The pump wouldn't read my card so I chose to pay cash. MY BIGGEST MISTAKE! After pumping I went in to pay. 1st register only had 3 men in front of me. 2nd register closed but the money center was backed up to the coolers.

Woman running 1st register leaves her station to work with the girl in the money center. Wendy opens 2nd register but the crowd that gathered behind me rush to it. Line was at least 10 deep so I stay where I am. Woman returns to 1st register and takes 25 minutes to wait on the 3 men in front of me. There are only buying hot food and beer for gosh sakes. She keeps leaving her station to wander around talking to other people. By the time I finally got to put my cash on the counter I had been waiting in line for a total of 50 MINUTES because this woman was incompetent and the flood gates opened after I walked in and nobody could get waited on.

Everyone in line was getting hot. Why can't they run a dang register just for people who have to pay cash for gasoline? I realize that many people use cards nowdays and pay at the pump. I prefer that myself but when the stations readers don't work you have no choice but to pay inside and this kind of wait cost them my business for sure. I will go anywhere but there even if I have to pay a little more. It's rediculous to have to wait in line behind people paying for food or beer when you have already received their services and simply need to give them your money. Don't even get me started on that sorry add on they call a drive thru. I have only seen it used a couple of times since they put it in and I work close by. What a waste of labor that must be staffed to run it not to mention the amount of ticked off customers who can't get waited on inside because those people standing in the back can't leave their stations and if they have problems someone from the front has to leave and go to them.

“Accurately Observant”

Location hidden

#19 Feb 12, 2010
damn, now that its mentioned

everybody freakin dodge store I've ever been in has a long ass line, and 1 person working.

From the one in Natchez, Ms
to the one on South University in LR (ehhhh)
to the one in Hot Springs on Central.
duh

Paragould, AR

#20 Feb 12, 2010
Well im just glad i'm not the only one who has noticed.Thank yo for posting because i thought i might have just been getting old and impatient.That drive thru might be of a little use if there food was worth eating,there chicken is nasty there cream potatoes are rib grabbers,and i don't know what they taste like but there burritos and other stuff looks like they sit there all day and night then if they are still there the next morning they go to the front and they try to sell them again.I know if the smart mouth,rudeass that works 3rd shift was to ever say anything out of the way to me i would reach across the counter and deck her ass,i heard her mother was the manager but i don't know if thats true her moma better teach her better manners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the L word... (Aug '12) 25 min Crazy Jae 16
Murdocks 37 min Guest 30
Shay Robinson 1 hr Chevy 02 3
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr BARNEYII 30,462
small dog for give away 2 hr Tonya 5
Trash pick up (Dec '12) 2 hr ??? 11
New word game (Dec '09) 2 hr Crazy Jae 17
Paragould Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web