who knows what happened to Chavis Carter?

Posted in the Paragould Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Aug 4, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

I have heard so many different stories. Does anyone know how he got killed?
IDK

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

guest wrote:
IDK Im wondering myself...word is..the police set him up and killed him....idk tho.
Non

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Let me guess the cop was white n didn't get checked for gun particulars in his uniform huh?? Just sad
Christina

Smithfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Laughable

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
I love all these armchair quarterbacks. Why don't you just wait for the outcome if you want to know? Do you honesty think there is going to be anyone in the topix community who is going to get on here and give details? I mean come on!! I get there aren't too many bright bulbs in Arkansas but you have to be smart enough to realize that is never going to happen right!? Besides what's the big deal? Another THUG took himself off the street. The same thug that was selling drugs to your kids and mine. I say good riddance! Oh, and before the good ole boys club start bashing , look at your children and consider them safe from one more drug infested thug criminal.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

it dont matter what happened,he was black,cops were white,its their fault regardless ,at least thats what all the blacks will say

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>I love all these armchair quarterbacks. Why don't you just wait for the outcome if you want to know? Do you honesty think there is going to be anyone in the topix community who is going to get on here and give details? I mean come on!! I get there aren't too many bright bulbs in Arkansas but you have to be smart enough to realize that is never going to happen right!? Besides what's the big deal? Another THUG took himself off the street. The same thug that was selling drugs to your kids and mine. I say good riddance! Oh, and before the good ole boys club start bashing , look at your children and consider them safe from one more drug infested thug criminal.
Wow. You are a dipshit. Lol
Yo yo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Judged:

Well laughable urr about as sorry as tha jpd is
after all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

I believe the cop did it because there is no way he shot himself

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

Well regardless of who did it. Once the cuffs were put on him and he was under arrest it is the responsibility of the officer to provide safety and security to those who are in their custody. The biggest part of that is that the subject should've been appropriately searched for weapons and contraband. Obviously, If the officers account is accurate, he did shoot himself.....the officers are held accountable for not performing an adequate search. Either way, this young mans family is going to be rich and the officer who performed the inadequate search will be fired.
LaTaj Mahall

Augusta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

I know what happened. It was suicide. If the police killed him, they would not have left him handcuffed, because him being handcuffed is what places there story in doubt in the first place.

The police first quick-searched him, and put him in the cruiser, uncuffed. Chavis took out his gun, and pushed it between the bench seat and seatback.

After he was cuffed, and knew he was in some trouble, he retrieved the gun, turned his head down to the right, used his left hand to hold the butt, and his one of his right-hand fingers or thumb to pull the trigger.

It is not impossible. It has happened before, in Indianapolis I believe. Even leaders of the black community accepted the official story in that case.

Peace.
insider

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

It was suicide.
bull crap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

is no possible way after he was handcuffed he could put his head doen that far and turn his head and shot his self in the right side of his head above his ear anyone that has be cuffed try to see how far u can put ur hands that way. to the family and others that care for this child i have three children and they are all raised around blacks and mexicans and they wouldnt have it anyother way he was a child and didnt deserve that from anyone. im sorry and my prayers are out for this family.
LaTaj Mahall

Augusta, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Judged:

bull crap wrote:
is no possible way after he was handcuffed he could put his head doen that far and turn his head and shot his self in the right side of his head above his ear anyone that has be cuffed try to see how far u can put ur hands that way.
awwww hellz man thanks 4 tha bad advice... i did tried it like you said and i done shot thru my ear. why you tell me to do that?>!? homie?!?!
after all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

He didn't do it...cuz he was cuffed the whole time.. there no possible way... I've even read all the cop statements and stuff and the wayy they talk..there is no way he killed himself

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

Everyone is missing the point. It doesn't matter who killed him whether it was the officers or whoever. He is dead an that isn't gonna change. The officers were responsible to keep him from harm. According to their statements they believe he shot himself in the back of the police car. If they had done an adequate search he wouldn't have had any thing to harm himself. That is their job and they failed. This is a slam dunk for even a first year law student....I bet the city is already trying to settle it out of court.
duhh

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

guest wrote:
Everyone is missing the point. It doesn't matter who killed him whether it was the officers or whoever. He is dead an that isn't gonna change. The officers were responsible to keep him from harm. According to their statements they believe he shot himself in the back of the police car. If they had done an adequate search he wouldn't have had any thing to harm himself. That is their job and they failed. This is a slam dunk for even a first year law student....I bet the city is already trying to settle it out of court.
Gawh, all anyone thinks about is lawsuits. It's sickening to watch ambulance chasing attorneys. I had a minor fender bender a few years back and receive mail from 4 attorneys telling me they could "protect" my rights. I wasn't injured, my car was fixed with no out of pocket cost from me, so they were just after a quick buck. It's time for tort reform in this country, otherwise our insurance premiums will keep escalating from ambulance chasing attorneys and nitwits who think the world owes them something for nothing.

As for the druggie who was shot, the witnesses interviewed that were there, and the dash cams support the cops statements. The police chief in Jonesboro asked the FBI to investigate so there would be no appearances of insider cover up.

And for the person who posted the huffington post link, the articles there appear to be written by 8th graders taking a journalism class. It's as bad as Fox news, for one sided stories and the liberals you see posting there are more hate filled than what you see on the Fox news site.
copastetic

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

guest wrote:
Well regardless of who did it. Once the cuffs were put on him and he was under arrest it is the responsibility of the officer to provide safety and security to those who are in their custody. The biggest part of that is that the subject should've been appropriately searched for weapons and contraband. Obviously, If the officers account is accurate, he did shoot himself.....the officers are held accountable for not performing an adequate search. Either way, this young mans family is going to be rich and the officer who performed the inadequate search will be fired.

oh, hell be fired. WOW! not put in prison like he should be
LOL

Pine Bluff, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

guest wrote:
How many families do you know became rich when someone committed suicide in a jail?
Nunya

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Our religionists fervently believe by allowing people to experience marijuana intoxication will intensify God's wrath and America's misfortunes; I say this is hogwash and to trade liberty for a single scintilla of subjectively perceived security is tyranny. Politics can play the religion card to allow law enforcement to use such simple tactics to accost and even end the life of citizens. Think of the simple users who need experience the ďBLACK MARKETĒ to get their 10 dollar dime sack, thatís tyranny. This story can be driven based on race and stir the witches caldron or the never ending and lost war on drugs but itís none of those things, its TYRANNY and nothing less.

What I am interested in is where did all of the gun powder residue end up immediately following the discharge of the .380 cobra slug? If the slug was located in the back seat then simple forensic science says someone else shot the gun. Forensics will show where the gun was located when fired. It would require the police to police the police and preserve the scene and carefully look for gun powder residue. When it smells fishy thatís because thereís fish and no other reason. If the scene is preserved then blood splatter will, in addition, help determine exactly what happened. I only guess the entire scene will be corrupted for the sake of community safety and another thug off of the street. Strip us of our jobs and divide and conquer with the power of politics, religion and war. Who cares about Tyranny anyway we are to busy looking for a job and trying to take care of ourselves, we are divided.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Paragould Forum right now

Search the Paragould Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Burger King drama!! 46 min Common sense 72
Where's laura 53 min the champion 4
lyndsey 58 min the only one 1
Corey Clemons (Dec '13) 1 hr friend of L 25
garage sale 1 hr garage sale 1
libby swindle ring 1 hr old friend 1
christy eveland 1 hr u know me 2
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) Thu Nevaehym 568
•••