James Short Investigation: New Details

Sep 28, 2007 Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro 666

“If someone comes forward now with legitimate allegations that can be proven and we can get him to admit to it, then he might see some jail time and we will remove him from society as a threat”

We have new details on a story we first brought you on Thursday. The Arkansas State Police are investigating former Brookland teacher and church youth minister James Short. via KAIT-TV Jonesboro

Full Story
imready

United States

#539 Nov 15, 2008
i have sat here and read this all afternoon and heard some dumb ignorant comments from people and i must say most were from young people i will look over but from adults isay you are ignorant until you were the 10 year old boy who had his pants took down and a 6-7-8-9 in penis inserted in his young anus you will never understand the pain or any thing else we put up from a grown man raping your a-s so when you read this go get a coke bottle and cram it up your anus and keep pushing dont stop then you will know some of what it feels like it is hellll
imready

United States

#540 Nov 15, 2008
jim from alabama i cry fo4r what you and your brother has gone thru and how you have had to live with it and these ignorant people who have not had been raped are smarting off they do not know you are in my prayers and may your brother has found peace and haponess there has to be a special place in heaven for him waiting and for you to jim

Since: Nov 08

Trumann, AR

#541 Dec 2, 2008
Hey imready,

you seem to know how it feels if your describing it like that. I will tell you this about Jim Short, he would give you his shirt off his back if you needed it. He is a great guy. Yes imready im an adult
larry from florida

Winter Garden, FL

#542 May 2, 2009
i just became aware of this situation in AR.. i was molested by a James {Jim} short in orlando fl in the early 1970`s.in 1998 i went to the fl police with my story....but alas the stat. of limtaions had run out.I tracked Mr Short down and found that he was the Priest at the Angelcan Cathilic church in agusta ga.. He resigned 4 days after i showed up.......... that was oct 1999. Mr Short was born on oct. 13/14 1944, is this the same man?

Paragould, AR

#543 May 3, 2009
wouldnt u like 2 know wrote:
unless u went to brookland during the time mr.short was teaching there u have no right 2 point any fingers at him. u dont know anything about him or what kind of person he is. all u know is what this idiot has said and what the news media has blown complete out of proportion. so really u need to keep ur mouths shut about him. if u want to buddy u 2 and relate to jim from al thats ur choice 4 taking sides with an idiotic liar. may god help u. personally, i was a student of his. he was a great teacher and a kind and caring person. i had him for multiple classes and after school activities. he believed in making u become a better person and did everything to help u achieve greatness.
jim u r awful 4 doing this to him. he hasnt done anything 2 u and u know it, so just drop it and leave him alone. the only people who r supporting u r the people u have conned into believing ur pathetic lies. no u cannot ever get over being molested or raped but u can forgive and forget and be the bigger person. u r acting like u r 11 and for a 40 yr old that just isnt right. u definitely need counseling! they will not find him guilty, u will not win, u need a significant amount of evidence 2 prove someone guilty and u have supplied none. so give up. go on with ur pathetic life and leave the man alone. he has the right 2 live n peace and u r not allowing him that right.
OMG you probably grew up to be a molester just like him or you woundn't be defending him so. Just the thought of a 10 year old being raped at the hand of an adult should sicken you. I hope if you have children it never happens to them. You will probably be one of those parents that doesn't believe their own child. I hope you are CHILDLESS!!!
Is it just me

Paragould, AR

#544 May 3, 2009
larry from florida wrote:
i just became aware of this situation in AR.. i was molested by a James {Jim} short in orlando fl in the early 1970`s.in 1998 i went to the fl police with my story....but alas the stat. of limtaions had run out.I tracked Mr Short down and found that he was the Priest at the Angelcan Cathilic church in agusta ga.. He resigned 4 days after i showed up.......... that was oct 1999. Mr Short was born on oct. 13/14 1944, is this the same man?
No this is not the same man. The Jim Short that this thread is about is in his mid to late 50's. Your Jim Short would be 65. Definitely not the same Jim Short. I have know Jim and his wife for over 30 years.
larry from florida

Winter Garden, FL

#545 May 3, 2009
Is it just me wrote:
<quoted text>
No this is not the same man. The Jim Short that this thread is about is in his mid to late 50's. Your Jim Short would be 65. Definitely not the same Jim Short. I have know Jim and his wife for over 30 years.
wow what are the odds? two men same name,same affliction,similer jobs/profession.....unreal
hunter

AOL

#546 May 4, 2009
I knew him from church camp back in the early eighties and I was very young and I could see there was something wrong with him.I thought he was gay.
Helpful hint

United States

#547 May 4, 2009
Wow!

Paragould, AR

#548 May 5, 2009
Good for you, Hunter.
Brittany

Osceola, AR

#549 Jun 25, 2009
so where is Jim Short from Brookland Arkansas now?
i h8 pedos

United States

#550 Jun 25, 2009
i went to brookland high school and while i thought jim short was well, quiet gay acting. i shrugged it off coz he was a good teacher. however since high school i've had 2 friends that told me mr.short molested them. i hope he gets what he deserves.
Alabama

Birmingham, AL

#551 Jul 14, 2009
i h8 pedos wrote:
i went to brookland high school and while i thought jim short was well, quiet gay acting. i shrugged it off coz he was a good teacher. however since high school i've had 2 friends that told me mr.short molested them. i hope he gets what he deserves.
Could you tell us more about this ?

Paragould, AR

#552 Jul 14, 2009
Yes, tell us more about this. How old are your two friends? Did your two friends graduate from Brookland?
omgREALLY

Blytheville, AR

#553 Jul 14, 2009
Can you people please leave the poor man alone?
Just wondering

United States

#554 Jul 14, 2009
Is this the same Jim Short that was the minister for the church of Christ in Hollywood, MO in the early 70's?
Brookland sux sucks

Blytheville, AR

#555 Jul 14, 2009
Why leave him alone? He's a rapist. You should never sympathize with a rapist.
shocked

Ville Platte, LA

#556 Jul 16, 2009
jim short was the youth minister in my church since i was little im only 15 but i was shocked to hear the news about him i wouldve never assumed something tragic like this would occur from him...He always seemed so friendly to us all guess that was the reason does anyone know what happend to him now....????
shocked

Ville Platte, LA

#557 Jul 16, 2009
he was the youth minister at 7th and mueller church of christ paragould arkansas
shocked

Ville Platte, LA

#558 Jul 16, 2009
Brookland sux sucks wrote:
Why leave him alone? He's a rapist. You should never sympathize with a rapist.
that is so true and he even admitted it people just are to stupid he deserves everthing he gets i agree with you he was my youth minister here n paragould

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lots of new residents in Paragould. From Memphi... 58 min guest 55
Hope Gibson??? (Jul '13) 1 hr andy taylor 12
towing companys 2 hr Bruce 1
jonathan crosby/ jonathan deloach 3 hr debra 5
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr Quest 29,893
Paragould's finest lowlifes 10 hr unemployeddrugdealer 26
Any local mma school still around? 11 hr Guest 1

Paragould Jobs

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE