How is the 24-hour gym "ANYTIME FITNESS?"

Posted in the Paragould Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Used to Play Here

Paragould, AR

#1 Jan 31, 2010
I've never been to a gym before (I work out on my own), but I have thought about going to one.

Can anyone give me the rundown on Anytime Fitness?

I'm intrigued by the idea of being able to go there 24 hours a day, but that's all I know about the place. Anyone have any info on the cost, if there is a yearly contract or anything, if you can wear jeans to lift weights or if you have to wear sweats, what it is generally like there, etc.?

Thanks!
Big Mike

Arlington, TX

#2 Jan 31, 2010
I would go to the hospital. There is no contract, it's open 24/7, and it is only 15 a month. The equipment is a little older but they are updating pretty soon
AWESOME GUY

Paragould, AR

#3 Jan 31, 2010
Big Mike wrote:
I would go to the hospital. There is no contract, it's open 24/7, and it is only 15 a month. The equipment is a little older but they are updating pretty soon
I had no idea that the gym in the hospital is open 24/7, but isn't that equipment used by a lot of sick people for physical therapy and stuff? I mean, you know...
not a fan

Paragould, AR

#4 Jun 22, 2010
I made the mistake of signing a contract and got screwed by them. Even if u have a valid reason for needing out of that contract they will not let u go unless u buy out of it! Do not use them. Use AMMC
Good For You

College Station, TX

#5 Jun 23, 2010
I loved Anytime Fitness. I also had to give up my membership and needed out of my contract. The owner was great!!! It was really hard for me to give up my contract due to health reasons as I went everyday.

Being open 24 hours is wonderful. If you have one of those sleepless nights, you know that you can go to the gym and workout the stress.

I cannot wait for health to be better so that I can return!!!!!
not a fan

Paragould, AR

#6 Jun 23, 2010
Well i got injured and am unable to go and they are still deducting my monthly payment
The best

Canada

#7 Jun 24, 2010
Grant Pickney (Anytime Fitness) is a class act. Andre Watson (AAMC) is a class act. So really the issue is which place has the better offer. I suggest trying them both out and making an informed decision, rather than getting on here to stir up crap. That's what people do on here.
Hayes

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Jun 24, 2010
I had a membership at the wellness center and never seemed to want to go. I joined anytime fitness for more money and I'm in there practically every day. And grant is very friendly and helpful. And to the dude complaining about the contract... A contract is a contract. You signed it and no one forced you to. I would think if there was a legitimate medical reason for not being able to workout that they'd at least put a hold on it til you were well. But regardless, that's like expecting att to let you out of your contract early for free just because you can't talk anymore. It's not their fault. So don't blame them for a situation that they don't have control over. Sorry you are having health problems. I wasn't trying to attack you. Just trying to defend a terrific establishment.
oh my

Paragould, AR

#9 Jun 24, 2010
I didnt know u HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT FOR SO MANY MONTHS,.I just thought it was a month to month contract,but just about non payments or debiting credit cards. So ur saying u have to enter in to a contract for a period of time or be subject to chges
not a fan

Little Rock, AR

#10 Jun 24, 2010
a year contract and they deduct it every month no matter...the hospital u pay the month u use it
Hayes

Fort Worth, TX

#11 Jun 24, 2010
Well if you only plan on going for a month then why bother? The contract is more about motivating you to stick with it than it is about making profit. At least it is for me. If I skip a day I just think how I need to go so I can get my money's worth. They have 6, 12, and 18 month plans. The longer you commit, the cheaper the payment. And they have tanning beds.
oh my

Paragould, AR

#12 Jun 25, 2010
Well thats great get urself in shape & get skin cancer! how healthy is that?
ButterBalls

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jun 25, 2010
oh my wrote:
WORD!
Hayes

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Jun 25, 2010
oh my wrote:

They don't force you to use the tanning beds obviously. And if you did some research you see that tanning beds are safer than they used to be. There is still risk but they also have some medical benefits too. Doctors instruct some older patients to tan but I can't remember the reason why. Something about vitamin D maybe? Also studies show that it reduces stress and ipmroves self confidence. And out of all the people that tan everyday how many get skin cancer? You can get cancer from using a microwave or a cell phone or even going to check your mail in the sunlight. Do you do any of those things? Ok. Kinda what I thought. Regardless, anytime is a very nice facility. It's clean and the equipment is up to date. The staff is friendly. What more could you ask for? They can afford to do all this based on the monthly subscriptions. If they charged less, we'd get less. You get what you pay for.
oh my

Paragould, AR

#15 Jun 25, 2010
it seems u havent watch the news lately....it is a proven fact sunbeds do cause cancer not to mention u look like leather. yes it is a great place owners r good folks. but i have skin cancer from sunbeds no cancer ever in any family members!
Jay

Weatherford, TX

#16 Feb 23, 2011
@ oh my

The news? Seriously? The news is just a machine that the government uses to brainwash people just like you. Tanning beds are not proven to cause skin cancer. My ancestors spent most of their lives in direct sunlight and lived until they were in their 90s and some even longer than that. The moral of the story is some people get skin cancer, and MOST do NOT. I can probably tan everyday and not end up with it. And HAYES.....you are so correct. You get what you pay for....who wants to work out at a hospital where people are sick and dying? How motivational that must be. The gym is a pretty nice establishment and well worth the money.....it is your health that you are investing in. Most people spend more than that at McDonalds every month. It is time we invest in our health and not out cravings for dead processed foods.
guest11

El Monte, CA

#17 Feb 23, 2011
how much does anytime fitness charge

Paragould, AR

#18 Feb 23, 2011
Jay wrote:
@ oh my
The news? Seriously? The news is just a machine that the government uses to brainwash people just like you. Tanning beds are not proven to cause skin cancer. My ancestors spent most of their lives in direct sunlight and lived until they were in their 90s and some even longer than that. The moral of the story is some people get skin cancer, and MOST do NOT. I can probably tan everyday and not end up with it. And HAYES.....you are so correct. You get what you pay for....who wants to work out at a hospital where people are sick and dying? How motivational that must be. The gym is a pretty nice establishment and well worth the money.....it is your health that you are investing in. Most people spend more than that at McDonalds every month. It is time we invest in our health and not out cravings for dead processed foods.
The rehab center is on the 4th floor.
Clueless

Paragould, AR

#19 Feb 24, 2011
The Wellness Center has anti-bacteria foam all over the place to use. Any gym where you are placing your hands on bars or ropes that someone else has used puts you into risk of getting something.
I think the main concern you need to think about is how crowded the gym is at the time you are able to break free and go workout. I was a previous member of the wellness center and the place is nice but over crowded for my taste. I like to go in and get my workout over with and get out. I found myself waiting for the ones that like to stand around and talk and hold up progress. I changed my membership to Complete Physique and it was great the first year and now its starting to get very crowded in the peak hours.
If you don't have kids and can go at anytime during the night any of them are good! Good luck!!!

Paragould, AR

#20 Feb 24, 2011
I've been to all of them. Anytime Fitness is the one that works for me. Everyone is friendly and they have any kind of workout you could want. From Yoga to free weights. I get in and get out. As far as the contract, well, thats the way it is. Why would someone only join for one month anyway? Working out should be a lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A purposeful life? 55 min I care 5
what would u do? 1 hr Mad About It 1
cisco 200-120 CCNA online test questions 1 hr ccnp2015exams 1
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 1 hr _Zoey_ 10,298
self confidence 1 hr guest 9
Amber Trammell, Laura Stone, Melissa Howard & J... (Oct '13) 1 hr Watched 38
Gina Watkins 2 hr confused imbred 6
Wreck on 49 in front of Carriage Hills 10 hr redlightman 108
RHS or PHS Classmates that have passed on??? (Apr '08) 13 hr JOE 686
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) Wed need some help 631