Hi

Paragould, AR

#21 Apr 24, 2013
I heard, because I have a child in Jr High that he was caught texting a 13 year old student in a inappropriate manner.
turtle face

United States

#22 Apr 24, 2013
Teachers, band directors are really simple to get rid of. Just have a girl send them a text .....End of story.
Sad

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Apr 24, 2013
Hi wrote:
I heard, because I have a child in Jr High that he was caught texting a 13 year old student in a inappropriate manner.
That was the head band director that got fired for that reason.
turtle face

United States

#24 Apr 24, 2013
Seriously, how can we let young girls decide on who stays and who gets fired?
observer

Paragould, AR

#25 Apr 24, 2013
turtle face wrote:
Seriously, how can we let young girls decide on who stays and who gets fired?
You must have a turtle brain to go with your turtle face. Breaking the law deermines their fate...not the young girls!!!! Geeeeze!

Jonesboro, AR

#26 Apr 24, 2013
That is why teachers/coaches/administrator s should contact PARENTS when they have information, announcments, news... Never should a student or athlete communicate by texting with a coach or teacher.
turtle face

United States

#27 Apr 24, 2013
All a young ho has to do is shake a little a s s and promise not to tell.....then her mother checks her phone....another man fired.... what happens to the little ho??? Absolutely nothing, but sympathy and attention ..

Ash Flat, AR

#28 Apr 24, 2013
turtle face wrote:
All a young ho has to do is shake a little a s s and promise not to tell.....then her mother checks her phone....another man fired.... what happens to the little ho??? Absolutely nothing, but sympathy and attention ..
if a teacher or coach receives such a text they should immediately take it to principal. and like other poster said they should not text with kids in the first place..contact parents.
Tired

United States

#29 Apr 24, 2013
I've known Jeremy for many years. Since he was a kid. I would be completely surprised if he was doing inappropriate things with students. He has always had a good heart and has a great family. Until someone shows any proof that he was doing anything wrong, I will stick by him.
Another Tech parent

Brookland, AR

#30 Apr 24, 2013
Tired wrote:
I've known Jeremy for many years. Since he was a kid. I would be completely surprised if he was doing inappropriate things with students. He has always had a good heart and has a great family. Until someone shows any proof that he was doing anything wrong, I will stick by him.
I agree 100% with you, I was told that Mr. Wortham's name was being drag through the mud. Mr. Wortham is an wonderful teacher, my kids love him and is glad he's here. People you need to wake up and put the blame on the right person's behind all theses lye's, that is the one and only DANNY DAVIS!!!!!!!!! This man has been doing a lot of talking. And if I have to I will come forward with proof!!!!!! You parents need to stand up and be heard. I challenge you to check in to why Danny Davis has so much pull in Mr. Wortham's future. SO SAD that one person can destroy another person life, because of jealousy.
Another Tech parent

Brookland, AR

#31 Apr 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
My son text me and said that they have suspended Mr. Wortham the Asst. Band Director with pay until further notice. What did he do? What is going on with this band program?
Everyone needs to ask MR. DAVIS, why Mr. Wortham is being falsely accused. I think it would be very interesting for the parents to know what had been teaching their children all these years.

Brookland, AR

#32 Apr 24, 2013
Guest wrote:
My son text me and said that they have suspended Mr. Wortham the Asst. Band Director with pay until further notice. What did he do? What is going on with this band program?
Only thing that is going on is MR. DANNY DAVIS, he is the one stirring all this up. He is wanting back in the program.

Brookland, AR

#33 Apr 24, 2013
turtle face wrote:
Teachers, band directors are really simple to get rid of. Just have a girl send them a text .....End of story.
Parents you need to wake up, it is very sad that it could be your child destroying another person life because they don't get enough attend at home.

Brookland, AR

#34 Apr 24, 2013
GCT wrote:
I say fire him we don't want him!!! He needs to learn to grow up and quit acting like a kid.
Is this Danny Davis? Kind of sounds like something he would say....

Poplar Bluff, MO

#35 Apr 24, 2013
They've already hired a new director for next year and I don't see mr Davis playing second fiddle to anyone so I'm not sure the argument presented that he wants back in...is really a valid point as he'd have to be the asst. director.
Sad

Oklahoma City, OK

#36 Apr 24, 2013
Another Tech parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with you, I was told that Mr. Wortham's name was being drag through the mud. Mr. Wortham is an wonderful teacher, my kids love him and is glad he's here. People you need to wake up and put the blame on the right person's behind all theses lye's, that is the one and only DANNY DAVIS!!!!!!!!! This man has been doing a lot of talking. And if I have to I will come forward with proof!!!!!! You parents need to stand up and be heard. I challenge you to check in to why Danny Davis has so much pull in Mr. Wortham's future. SO SAD that one person can destroy another person life, because of jealousy.
I would like to see this so called proof you have!!! The one thing I can say is that Danny Davis has a love for the GCT Band. He only wants what I best for them and loves those kids like they are his own. From my understanding they have already hired another director for the high school and the kids are very excited about the hire. Whatever it is that Mr. Wortham has done had to been enough to get him put on leave. If he is truly innocent as you have said then he will be back to work in no time.
Parent

Oklahoma City, OK

#37 Apr 24, 2013
Another Tech parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see your so called proof!!! I bet you have nothing!! The one thing for sure I can say for sure is that Danny Davis has a LOVE for the GCT Band Program. He loves those kids as if they were his own. Is he prefect NO but neither is anyone else. From my understanding they have already hired a new High School Director and the kids seem to be very excited about the new hire. As far as Mr. Wortham if he was truly innocent as you seem to think then he would have never been put on leave. If he is innocent then time will tell because he will be back to work soon.

Paragould, AR

#38 Apr 24, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to see your so called proof!!! I bet you have nothing!! The one thing for sure I can say for sure is that Danny Davis has a LOVE for the GCT Band Program. He loves those kids as if they were his own. Is he prefect NO but neither is anyone else. From my understanding they have already hired a new High School Director and the kids seem to be very excited about the new hire. As far as Mr. Wortham if he was truly innocent as you seem to think then he would have never been put on leave. If he is innocent then time will tell because he will be back to work soon.
"love" seems to be the problem at GCT.
anon

Paragould, AR

#39 Apr 24, 2013
Think you brainless dopes while davis is back helping with the band he does not want to be back he has retired if he wanted a job that badly he would have applied for the head director job instead of helping hire Keith Dortch as the new head director. How about you think about what is going on instead of making assumptions about what is going on at the school and on the note of whoever said that he should be fired for acting like a child it is not davis it is a student in the high school band who i agree with that he should stop acting like the students he teaches. your thoughts about anyone trying to get rid of wortham are misconstruded and completely off of what may or may not have happened or be happening. so kindly screw off and keep your childish assumptions to yourselves than spouting them on a forum website that is used primarily to bash others because there are people who are too afraid to face someone in public and tell them what they think. if you really want to learn what happened how about you talk to the administration and try to get information that way not your children or what rumors that you hear.
crawfish

Spring Branch, TX

#40 Apr 24, 2013
Who was the student teacher who did it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Metz 51 min Smh 8
Support Darren Wilson!! 57 min Gen One 1
Justice was served in Ferguson today! 1 hr SMH 7
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 1 hr Analog man 10,129
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 30,270
looking for a pitbull puppy for give away or free? (Aug '08) 2 hr b_rad_ 9
zoomdiamond 2 hr zoomdiamond 8
Paragould Dating
Find my Match

Paragould People Search