Savage killing, sex at heart of Jodi Arias murder trial

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: KTVK Phoenix 687

A nude Jodi Arias on Travis Alexander's bed. A naked Alexander in the shower. Then minutes later, an image of Alexander stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times in the heart, back, hands and torso, shot in the head, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Full Story
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#69 Mar 3, 2013
whataboutcaylee wrote:
<quoted text>
If the first injury was a bullet to the head, how could he have fought harder? Did you hear the medical examiner testify as to how he would have been incompacitated?
A bullet casing was found on the tile floor in a congealed pool of blood. That suggests that Travis was stabbed first, which would explain the defense wounds on his hands. She probably slit his throat after he managed to make it to the sink. Then dragged his body back into shower either after she plugged him in the head, or before. X-rays on Travis skull show that blood ceased to be circulating when the shot occurred. He was likely dead by then or just about to die. Still seething with rage, Jodi must have picked up the gun and shot him right after she slit his throat. That is one hot-tempered mean and vengeful woman. Now that she has had 4 years to cool off while in jail, I wonder if she wishes she had done anything different. She doesn't seem to show any remorse so it seems to me that she's glad he can't carry on with any one else ever again. She gave up a lot to exact her revenge. She now owes the devil her due.
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#70 Mar 3, 2013
Correction: should be: his due, not her due.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#71 Mar 3, 2013
What if the bullet casing originally fell into the shower and then got moved/dropped/kicked into the pool of blood?

There wasn't any blood on top of the casing, but haven't heard if there was blood found on the underside.

I just think it might be hard to prove whether the gun shot came first or last.

The M.E. did a lot of double talk, in my opinion about the gun shot wound to the head. I read up on many stories of people getting shot in the same area, and still being able to move/run/fight.

But still, the murder was brutal and overkill, whether she shot him first or last and I'm not debating that.
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#72 Mar 4, 2013
wheezy_1969 wrote:
What if the bullet casing originally fell into the shower and then got moved/dropped/kicked into the pool of blood?
There wasn't any blood on top of the casing, but haven't heard if there was blood found on the underside.
The M.E. did a lot of double talk, in my opinion about the gun shot wound to the head. I read up on many stories of people getting shot in the same area, and still being able to move/run/fight.
But still, the murder was brutal and overkill, whether she shot him first or last and I'm not debating that.
I believe the coroner said that if Travis had been shot first in the head, the way the bullet entered, would have incapacitated him. He believes Travis was stabbed first. As for the bullet casing; it is possible that it could have been kicked or moved, but the casing was lying on top of the congealed blood, which still suggests Travis was stabbed first. Had the bullet casing been there first, blood would have been splattered on other parts of the casing. Jodi didn't need to shoot Travis at that point. He was already dead or just about. It was overkill - a frenzied fit of rage that she apparently couldn't stop herself until she realized that Travis was definitely dead. Must have been quite exhausting, yet she managed to throw some of his clothes and his camera into the washer and run them through a wash cycle afterwards. Jodi now realizes that she won't walk out a free woman, but she confided to a visitor that she thinks she'll probably be charged with manslaughter. I don't think she'll get the DP, but I personally think she'll be charged with 1st degree murder.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#73 Mar 4, 2013
wheezy_1969 wrote:
The M.E. did a lot of double talk, in my opinion about the gun shot wound to the head. I read up on many stories of people getting shot in the same area, and still being able to move/run/fight
That's right, Wheezy.

Ramona

Vacaville, CA

#74 Mar 4, 2013
Overkill, crime of passion. First degree murder for sure. She has not proved at all to be an abused woman nor has she proved that she was in danger. She is, however, a proven liar. She was obsessed with him and this murder was premeditated. She deserves the death penalty
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#75 Mar 4, 2013
Ramona wrote:
Overkill, crime of passion. First degree murder for sure. She has not proved at all to be an abused woman nor has she proved that she was in danger. She is, however, a proven liar. She was obsessed with him and this murder was premeditated. She deserves the death penalty

Hold on, Ramona, the expert witnesses (Doctors) on Battered
Women's Syndrome, have not even tesified yet. There are tape recordings and texts from Travis, proving he was abusive.

The mind is fragil. You should re-think the possibility that she did snap. Something happen the last fifteen minute in the morning, after a night of sex. If she had premedtated the murder, she could have killed him when he opened the door and taken off.
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#76 Mar 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Women's Syndrome, have not even tesified yet. There are tape recordings and texts from Travis, proving he was abusive.
The mind is fragil. You should re-think the possibility that she did snap. Something happen the last fifteen minute in the morning, after a night of sex. If she had premedtated the murder, she could have killed him when he opened the door and taken off.
She went to Travis with a gun and knife. A 25 caliber gun was stolen from Jodi's grandparents prior to when she went to Travis place, the last day of his life. She had sex with him. She knew he didn't want to be with her anymore because he had previously told her so. Their relationship had ended but Travis let her stop by that one last time. Jodi knew Travis was taking another woman to Cancun. Maybe she tried to change his mind or begged him to reconcile. After their sex romp, Travis went into the shower stall, and that's when Jodi began to attack him. A coworker of Jodi's said that Jodi refused to believe that Travis no longer wanted to be with her. She wanted him to marry her and raise a family. If she couldn't have him, no one else could either.

I'll agree about one thing though. Travis was a typical young man who liked sex and that would be his fatal mistake. Jodi very likely introduced him to some kinky acts he never before tried. She was always ready, willing and able and he evidently found that irresistible about Jodi, yet, being a Mormon, he probably found her sleezy, too. He may have felt guilty about all the kinky sex. Also, Jodi was too controlling and obsessive and that turned Travis off. He confided to a close friend that Jodi had slashed his tires, and also his girlfriend, and he suspected that someone would probably find his dead body someday. His friend laughed it off, but Travis said he was serious and the friend then said he got it.

Travis told Jodi in a phone message that she was evil and a sociopath. He didn't want to be around her anymore. Although he didn't deserve to be murdered, he played a dangerous game. If he thought for one minute that Jodi may have been unbalanced and possessive, then he should have never agreed to see her that last time. Unfortunately, even if he hadn't seen her that day, she may have found another opportunity to exact her revenge. I feel sorry for Travis that he had to die so horribly. It's too bad he didn't realize the danger he was in, but he made it just a bit easier for Jodi when he let her in to have sex that day, and then thought he could send her on her merry way never to be heard from again. Some say Travis liked the fawning over and flirting with others. Idk. Just the same, he didn't deserve to be murdered, or in such a horrific way. It will be interesting to see how the jury perceives it.
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#77 Mar 4, 2013
Correction: I meant to say that Travis girlfriend's TIRES were also slashed - not his girlfriend.
Ramona

Vacaville, CA

#78 Mar 4, 2013
LA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched a woman was was abused and works with abused women and she can even see that arias is lying and tailoring her story to align with the experts to give her story validity
A Reader

Utica, NY

#79 Mar 4, 2013
'The mind is fragil. You should re-think the possibility that she did snap. Something happen the last fifteen minute in the morning, after a night of sex. If she had premedtated the murder, she could have killed him when he opened the door and taken off.' Or, maybe, she was going to give him one last chance NOT to go to Cancun with another girl. When that didn't happen.......well, we all know what happened next.....Just saying.
La La Land

Bethlehem, PA

#80 Mar 4, 2013
A Reader wrote:
'The mind is fragil. You should re-think the possibility that she did snap. Something happen the last fifteen minute in the morning, after a night of sex. If she had premedtated the murder, she could have killed him when he opened the door and taken off.' Or, maybe, she was going to give him one last chance NOT to go to Cancun with another girl. When that didn't happen.......well, we all know what happened next.....Just saying.
Shooting him at the door would have been likely noticed by others. Beside, she may have wanted to please him one last time or have the memory of that last fling together before she offed him. I personally think she's twisted and enjoyed seeing the element of surprise in his face as she thrust that knife into him. She knew that after the sex, Travis wouldn't have ever suspected that she would suddenly go berserk. Pure revenge to the max. Poor Travis probably thought he'd have a day of great sex and then send Jodi on her way, never caring whether he would ever hear from or see her again.
flanders art

Bayonne, NJ

#81 Mar 5, 2013
The sex was mutual, which was enjoyable for the two
of them. Did this enhance their relationship..who knows? There was no love between them. People go on to other pastures, new horizons (Travis); find other interests..this is not uncommon. Only she is vindictive, jealous and a wanna-be! She would not
let go and could not admit to herself...the man didn't want her! Her sexual appetite did not keep him.
.....This is the FOUR F- CLUB
FIND them
FEEL them
F..K them
and FORGET them.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#82 Mar 5, 2013
La La Land wrote:
<quoted text>
She went to Travis with a gun and knife. A 25 caliber gun was stolen from Jodi's grandparents prior to when she went to Travis place, the last day of his life. She had sex with him. She knew he didn't want to be with her anymore because he had previously told her so. Their relationship had ended but Travis let her stop by that one last time. Jodi knew Travis was taking another woman to Cancun. Maybe she tried to change his mind or begged him to reconcile. After their sex romp, Travis went into the shower stall, and that's when Jodi began to attack him. A coworker of Jodi's said that Jodi refused to believe that Travis no longer wanted to be with her. She wanted him to marry her and raise a family. If she couldn't have him, no one else could either.
I'll agree about one thing though. Travis was a typical young man who liked sex and that would be his fatal mistake. Jodi very likely introduced him to some kinky acts he never before tried. She was always ready, willing and able and he evidently found that irresistible about Jodi, yet, being a Mormon, he probably found her sleezy, too. He may have felt guilty about all the kinky sex. Also, Jodi was too controlling and obsessive and that turned Travis off. He confided to a close friend that Jodi had slashed his tires, and also his girlfriend, and he suspected that someone would probably find his dead body someday. His friend laughed it off, but Travis said he was serious and the friend then said he got it.
Travis told Jodi in a phone message that she was evil and a sociopath. He didn't want to be around her anymore. Although he didn't deserve to be murdered, he played a dangerous game. If he thought for one minute that Jodi may have been unbalanced and possessive, then he should have never agreed to see her that last time. Unfortunately, even if he hadn't seen her that day, she may have found another opportunity to exact her revenge. I feel sorry for Travis that he had to die so horribly. It's too bad he didn't realize the danger he was in, but he made it just a bit easier for Jodi when he let her in to have sex that day, and then thought he could send her on her merry way never to be heard from again. Some say Travis liked the fawning over and flirting with others. Idk. Just the same, he didn't deserve to be murdered, or in such a horrific way. It will be interesting to see how the jury perceives it.
In a sense, you make a case for the defense (Battered Women).. all irratiional behavoir on her part .. wait for the exerts

It is not uncommon for abused women to pre-arm themselves, snap and overkill..this is a human, once again olayed out on the stage of life.

A Manslaughter conviction would serve justice...ten years max
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#83 Mar 5, 2013
typos:

experts

human tragedy
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#84 Mar 5, 2013
Interesting, all of the posters here who are calling for her head and repeating the long scenario, have even mentioned the tape recordings.
You know the one's I'm talking about, in TA's own voice and his texts.

Keep in mind, in essence, the prosecutor must prove "beyond a resaonalble doubt" that she was not suffering a breakdown due to the abuse.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#85 Mar 5, 2013
Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched a woman was was abused and works with abused women and she can even see that arias is lying and tailoring her story to align with the experts to give her story validity
Hi Ramona

I saw her, the Black lady with short hair. She was a shill for the show. All she coukd come ul with thatif a women has not writtend it down in a journal or told someone about the abuse, that it did not happen. Ramona, I can tell that you are intelligents and you know that it more complicated and cannot be
eplained away like this fake tried to.

Same question to you as to the lower Manslaughter charge.
whataboutcaylee

Tavares, FL

#86 Mar 5, 2013
Remember even if she is convicted of first degree does not guarantee her the death penalty. She can get LWOP.
LA Guy

Beverly Hills, CA

#87 Mar 5, 2013
A Reader wrote:
maybe, she was going to give him one last chance NOT to go to Cancun with another girl. When that didn't happen.......well, we all know what happened next.....Just saying.
Not that simple .. JA is highly intelligent, would have let him go to Cancun and continued her conquest of him .. more likely her scenario of droping the cam and he went after he.

Think about it.
whataboutcaylee

Tavares, FL

#88 Mar 5, 2013

I am watching the Jodi Arias CLASS on TruTV, her murder trial in Arizona. If you have any interest at all in sex, this is definitely the channel to watch. She sure is smart for a murderer! Slashed her boyfriend 29 times, cut his throat, and shot him in the head. The question is: did she mean to kill him?

Facebook entry - very tongue-in-cheek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nostradamus (Jan '14) 1 hr gest 80
Phoenix woman begins Black Friday camp out 4 hr Scrooge 1
Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law (Apr '10) 4 hr Shadow Walker 193,362
Females become nurses just to leer at nude male... 6 hr Richies Cool Man ... 8
Secure the Border First 6 hr Richies Cool Man ... 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) 8 hr bbphx 1,945
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee-Stalling problems! (Feb '08) 15 hr dennyps 309
Paradise Valley Dating
Find my Match

Paradise Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paradise Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paradise Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:28 pm PST

NBC Sports12:28PM
Larry Fitzgerald officially questionable for Sunday
NFL 1:22 PM
Bobby Wagner (toe) to return to Seahawks' defense
ESPN 1:35 PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?