Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#20244 Sep 4, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
Courtesy and feelings are two different things, which people like you can't understand.
THe matter is civilization. It's why music my ancestors made as slaves was much more intelligent than some of my peers, who are supposedly free.
Civilization is in words and has CIVIL as its root.
We discuss things in a civil way. We deal with one another civilly, rather than have shoot outs like the Wild West. We make transitions in government peacefully, as opposed to secession and coups that you see in other lands.
It isn't about my petty personal feelings but rather the need to speak about governmental matters in a clear way.
Political discussions today remind me of my first weeks on campus at college. I couldn't believe that Palestinians and Israelis and Turks and Armenians were shouting at each other on campus, yelling. Ethiopians and Eritreans, too.
Are we all civilized or not?
Maybe you need to ask some of the statists, authoritarian commies and other leftist fruitcakes that have infiltrated the ranks of liberals. We have a couple on this board. They both are full of intellectual dishonesty and one of them is downright nasty. People generally get
what they give with me.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#20246 Sep 5, 2013
Texan wrote:
JBH you need to improve your communication skills, you are aparently somewhat confused. I think I know what you are attempting to say BUT I am not sure.
===

If you can't understand , that is you problems.
That also means in US, many of you do have problems, including knowing what is going on, related to Obama's acts and conducts.
You have to need to have a few more better people, to be better than that.
You simply have big mouth because over 50 millions live in third world subhuman standard, when People of New Orleans came out to show, during Hurricane Katrina. How do people expect you to comprehend, as many of you can't fill out forms and even know how to count with fingers?

But the world would take it that Obama has come across to the world by calling the redline to want to strike on Syria.
US cannot impose its views from Obama. US is no world policeman, but a world criminal in many of its acts, just as many criminals are in US. While US regime can do that to its people by calling and acting on them of any redline, the world is not US that US must realize that US is making its detriments on the planet by messing the world.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20248 Sep 5, 2013
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
===
That also means in US, many of you do have problems, including knowing what is going on, related to Obama's acts and conducts.
You simply have big mouth because over 50 millions live in third world subhuman standard, when People of New Orleans came out to show, during Hurricane Katrina. How do people expect you to comprehend, as many of you can't fill out forms and even know how to count with fingers?
But the world would take it that Obama has come across to the world by calling the redline to want to strike on Syria.
US cannot impose its views from Obama. US is no world policeman, but a world criminal in many of its acts, just as many criminals are in US. While US regime can do that to its people by calling and acting on them of any redline, the world is not US that US must realize that US is making its detriments on the planet by messing the world.
Yet, every time the crap hits the fan somewhere in the world, the first country they call is Canada, oh wait nope, it's not you. What do you know of Katrina? I would love for the US to "stay at home" and let the world thin itself out. I can hear the "don't you care" cries now. We are such Barbarians here. Do us all a favor and stay north of the border.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20249 Sep 5, 2013
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>No come back and I see you are still in Shangri-La. You live in the Kumbayah world of "universal" everything. Newsflash, it never works.
Dang you could not make any more an erroneous false statement, than this gibberish you have put out.
I will give you just one of many that have Universal “Everything” as you put it. Not only have they outpaced us in Health Care decreases they also during our Republican austerity Great Recession from 2000 to 2010 outperformed the USA in GDP even when their GDP includes Inequality factors which USA is to ashamed or can not afford, to include that in their GDP. They averaged an advance at a 2.6% increase to GDP. USA averaged 1.85% increase to GDP. NO Recession. Who may this be you ask? SWEDEN !
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20251 Sep 5, 2013
Texan wrote:
Let me see if I've got this right Barney. You want Syria attacked right, yes, no, maybe? Like I stated leave them to their own devices. If they use a chemical weapon outside their own borders; OK do something about it. If not leave them alone, stay out of their business, they are an independant country with their own government. Are we going to allow a foriegn government tell us what to do or enterfere with how we operate our nation? I hope not.
No Tex. Once again you are taking things too emotionally and personally. Step back and take a breath and count to ten. It does not matter if its Syria. Its all about the use of chemical weapons. No we are not going to fight their civil war. Obama will make the cost of use of chemical weapons severe and could be severe enough to effect the outcome of the civil war. What Obama has made as plain and simple as anyone can is that chemical weapons use will not be tolerated. Responsible party’s of the origin of such weapons will be reprimanded for their failure to responsibly securing their chemical weapons that they created.
Notice how you use the same nonsense on gun control. No Tex Obama does not want to take away all your guns. He wants to restrict assault weapons to our civilians. No Tex Obama does not want to take away your right to bear arms. Obama wants responsibility attached to that ownership. One by having any sales of a weapon to be registered from who to who. That way if you sell to a kook and the kook does damage to our society it would be traced back to you as the seller. As with gun control reform and Syria you make naive attempts by hyping up non existing scenarios to justify some false conclusions you come up with.
LOL is that a preporsition at The End?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#20252 Sep 5, 2013
JBH wrote:
<quoted text>
===
Your grammar is terrible, I can only assume you are an Arabic scumbag masquerading as a Canadian.Whatever you are, you have a poor grasp of English, you should stay off of Topix and perhaps avoid the embarrassment of attempting to disseminate your infantile world view.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20253 Sep 5, 2013
Barney you still haven't answered the quiestion. DO YOU WANT THE U.S. TO ATTACK SYRIA? YES OR NO? I am not adressing the Second Amendment. JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION, DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT WANT THE U.S. TO ATTACK SYRIA?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#20254 Sep 5, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
Courtesy and feelings are two different things, which people like you can't understand.
THe matter is civilization. It's why music my ancestors made as slaves was much more intelligent than some of my peers, who are supposedly free.
We discuss things in a civil way. We deal with one another civilly, rather than have shoot outs like the Wild West. We make transitions in government peacefully, as opposed to secession and coups that you see in other lands.
It isn't about my petty personal feelings but rather the need to speak about governmental matters in a clear way.
Political discussions today remind me of my first weeks on campus at college. I couldn't believe that Palestinians and Israelis and Turks and Armenians were shouting at each other on campus, yelling. Ethiopians and Eritreans, too.
"are we all civilized or not"? Now, that's the question, is it not?
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20255 Sep 5, 2013
Civilized behavior, not always the best. Study history and you will find that savages often had more honor than their civilized counter parts. A lot of their languages had no word for lie, and many of their cultures found that there was more honor in touching a live enemy than standing back and killing him. Civilized = more effective at killing.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#20256 Sep 5, 2013
Be careful Texan.They hate it when you're correct.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20257 Sep 5, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang you could not make any more an erroneous false statement, than this gibberish you have put out.
I will give you just one of many that have Universal “Everything” as you put it. Not only have they outpaced us in Health Care decreases they also during our Republican austerity Great Recession from 2000 to 2010 outperformed the USA in GDP even when their GDP includes Inequality factors which USA is to ashamed or can not afford, to include that in their GDP. They averaged an advance at a 2.6% increase to GDP. USA averaged 1.85% increase to GDP. NO Recession. Who may this be you ask? SWEDEN !
Your an idiot. Comparing ANYTHING in the US to the Euro nations. Has Europe, in the past year, to say the least, not almost imploded? Just ask Germany. Anyhow just for you: "Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in Sweden are 37.20% higher than in United States
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Sweden are 24.58% higher than in United States
Rent Prices in Sweden are 4.88% lower than in United States
Restaurant Prices in Sweden are 54.16% higher than in United States
Groceries Prices in Sweden are 25.67% higher than in United States
Local Purchasing Power in Sweden is 24.00% lower than in United States
Restaurants [Edit][Edit]
Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant 10.00 $ 13.48 $+34.82 %
Meal for 2, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course 45.00 $ 75.74 $+68.32 %
Combo Meal at McDonalds or Similar 6.00 $ 9.85 $+64.11 %
Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) 3.25 $ 7.57 $+133.06 %
Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 4.50 $ 7.57 $+68.32 %
Cappuccino (regular) 3.50 $ 4.54 $+29.85 %
Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) 1.50 $ 2.27 $+51.49 %
Water (0.33 liter bottle) 1.25 $ 2.27 $+81.79 %
Markets [Edit][Edit]
Milk (regular), 1 liter 1.00 $ 1.36 $+36.34 %
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 2.20 $ 3.03 $+37.43 %
Rice (1kg) 2.20 $ 3.03 $+37.43 %
Eggs (12) 2.00 $ 3.79 $+89.36 %
Local Cheese (1kg) 8.91 $ 12.12 $+36.03 %
Chicken Breasts (Boneless, Skinless),(1kg) 7.05 $ 11.97 $+69.64 %
Apples (1kg) 3.44 $ 3.03 $-11.91 %
Oranges (1kg) 3.31 $ 3.03 $-8.38 %
Tomato (1kg) 3.31 $ 3.64 $+9.94 %
Potato (1kg) 2.20 $ 1.21 $-45.03 %
Lettuce (1 head) 1.50 $ 2.27 $+51.49 %
Water (1.5 liter bottle) 1.75 $ 2.27 $+29.85 %
Bottle of Wine (Mid-Range) 12.00 $ 11.97 $-0.27 %
Domestic Beer (0.5 liter bottle) 2.00 $ 2.27 $+13.62 %
Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) 3.00 $ 2.27 $-24.26 %
Pack of Cigarettes (Marlboro)
Clothing And Shoes [Edit][Edit]
1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar) 40.00 $ 133.31 $+233.27 %
1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M,...) 35.00 $ 45.45 $+29.85 %
1 Pair of Nike Shoes 75.00 $ 121.19 $+61.59 %
1 Pair of Men Leather Shoes 80.00 $ 136.34 $+70.42 %
September, 2013 September, 2013
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20258 Sep 5, 2013
Sweden Country Report: GDP data and GDP forecasts; economic, financial and trade information; the best banks in Sweden; country and population overview

DATA ON GDP AND ECONOMIC INFORMATION
Central bank Sveriges Riksbank
International Reserves US$ 50.214 billion (Source: IMF; Data updated: 2012)
Gross Domestic Product - GDP US$ 549.351 billion (2011 estimate)
GDP (Purchasing Power Parity) 389.912 billion of International dollars (2011 estimate)
Real GDP growth
2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008
1.3% 2.5% 2.3% 4.2% 3.2% 4.3% 3.3%-0.8%
2009 2010 2011 2012*
-4.8% 5.8% 4% 0.9%

*Estimate
GDP per capita - current prices US$ 57,948 (2011 estimate)
GDP per capita - PPP $41,130 International Dollars (2011 estimate)
GDP (PPP)- share of world total
1980 1990 2000 2010 2015**
0.74% 0.67% 0.56% 0.48% 0.45%

**Forecast
GDP - composition by sector

agriculture: 1.8%
industry: 26.9%
services: 71.3%(2011 estimate)

(Data released on February 2012)

Gross domestic expenditure on R&D (% of GDP) 3.43%(2010)

(Data released on March 2012)
Inflation
2009 2010 2011 2012*
2% 1.9% 1.4% 2.5%

*Estimate
Unemployment rate
2009 2010 2011 2012*
8.3% 8.4% 7.5% 7.5%

*Estimate
Household saving rates 12.6%(Net saving; 2012 forecast)

(Data released on December 2011)
Public debt (General government gross debt as a % of GDP)
2008 2009 2010 2011 2012*
38.8% 42.5% 39.4% 37.4% 35.5%

*Estimate
Public deficit (General government net lending/borrowing as a % of GDP)
2008 2009 2010 2011* 2012**
2.2%-0.9%-0.2% 0.1%-0.1%

*Estimate **Forecast
Government bond ratings

Standard & Poor's: AAA

Moody's rating: Aaa

Moody's outlook: STA

(Foreign Currency Government Bond Ratings; Data last updated Dec 2011 and Nov 2012)
Market value of publicly traded shares
2009 2010 2011
US$432.3 billion US$581.2 billion US$470.1 billion
Largest companies in Sweden H&M (Apparel/Footwear Retail), Autoliv (Biotechs), Ericsson (Communications Equipment), Skanska (Construction Service), Boliden (Diversified Metals & Mining), Volvo Group (Heavy Equipment), Electrolux Group (Household Appliance), SCA (Household/Personal Care), Investor (Investment services), Kinnevik (Investment services), SEB (Major Banks), Svenska Handelsbanken (Major Banks), Swedbank (Major Banks), Getinge (Medical Equipment & Supplies), Atlas Copco (Other Industrial Equipment), Sandvik (Other Industrial Equipment), SKF Group (Other Industrial Equipment), Assa Abloy (Other Industrial Equipment), Alfa Laval (Other Industrial Equipment), Hexagon (Other Industrial Equipment), Lundbergs (Real Estate), Nordea Bank (Regional Banks), TeliaSonera (Telecommunications Services), Tele2 (Telecommunications services), Swedish Match (Tobacco)(2012)

Read more: http://www.gfmag.com/gdp-data-country-reports...
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20259 Sep 5, 2013
Total population
1980 1990 2000 2012* 2017**
8.32 million 8.57 million 8.88 million 9.48 million 9.66 million

Read more: http://www.gfmag.com/gdp-data-country-reports...
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#20260 Sep 5, 2013
VolitionSpark wrote:
<quoted text>
We discuss things in a civil way. We deal with one another civilly, rather than have shoot outs like the Wild West. We make transitions in government peacefully, I as opposed to secession and coups that you see in other lands.
Are you at all aware of the histories regarding the Turks and Armenians? Palestinians and Israelis? Etc.? Are you the Easter Bunny in disguise? You seem to live in a dream world of fuzzy happy love and friendship. Be realistic.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20261 Sep 5, 2013
9.66 million people, oh wait that's the projected number IN 4 YEARS!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#20262 Sep 5, 2013
Dang wrote:
9.66 million people, oh wait that's the projected number IN 4 YEARS!
Watch out.Bernard gets confused when you hit him with cognizant facts.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20263 Sep 5, 2013
Wild West shoot outs? The duel; ah yes the civilized mans way of setteling a disagreement or an insult. Swords or pistols on the field of honor in Europe or The East, or in The West like in Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid guns or knives Butch? Isn't civilization wonderful? Like I said the so called savages were more practicale, and honorable
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#20264 Sep 5, 2013
Barney stays confused. That's because he likes to ramble on and on and on, a simple yes or no eludes him.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#20265 Sep 5, 2013
Not for nothin' but did anyone see the vet shove the pistol in the "wood be robber" mouth??? THAT was funny.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#20266 Sep 5, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Your grammar is terrible, I can only assume you are an Arabic scumbag masquerading as a Canadian.Whatever you are, you have a poor grasp of English, you should stay off of Topix and perhaps avoid the embarrassment of attempting to disseminate your infantile world view.
Waco you failed to notice the French dialect? Apparently from Ontario. Suspect Montreal or Quebec. English is better than yours and I suspect JBH’s French is far superior to yours. JBH gets the point across. It may require you to have to rearrange the structural sentences. French is a more definite form of language. One word may represent two words of an English word. French also has less arbitrary meaning to their words and is more precise. That is why international contracts are more often written in French.
Now where and when did you become the censor editor of this thread? Fail to see that you have significant intelligence to accomplish that. After all with your southern drawl and slang’s would impede your ability to identify simple intelligent remarks from erroneous dysfunctional derogatory nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Gasman 18,769
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 597
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 382
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 693
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 4 hr Gasman 808
Phony letters and grudges Sep 22 somewherebeyondth... 6
Elderly Residents Dealing With Bed Bug Infestation Sep 16 Ali 1

Paradise News Video

Paradise Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Paradise Jobs

Paradise People Search