Chico police plan St. Patrick's Day e...

Chico police plan St. Patrick's Day enforcement

There are 51 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Mar 16, 2009, titled Chico police plan St. Patrick's Day enforcement. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Police will increase staffing on St. Patrick's Day and get help from other agencies, to combat drunken driving and public drunkenness in downtown Chico and student neighborhoods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
panther for life

Chico, CA

#52 Mar 19, 2009
Hey "rhino' and "busted" I see you are sticking to your own thats fine as you folks I too have handle disputes everydasy with renters its not easy because half of them lie big time and I know it. But tell you what I try to be respectful I listen and most important I am not rude I have learned being in the business I am in "the good people over the bad" its not easy but I approach situations as mentioned above first and foremost . I have made mistakes in judgement many times I admit that and when I did I always made a point to apologize to who ever concerned.
Wow

United States

#53 Mar 19, 2009
I think that a lot of people have forgotten that although the job of a law enforcement officer is to "protect and serve", that does not mean they are your babysitter, marriage and family counselor or referree for your little squabbles. Perhaps if people quit calling the police to deal with their out of control child who won't get off the computer, or their neighbor who parked 2 inches onto their property and all the petty little problems that should be dealt with in a civil manner, the police would be less apt to be annoyed with the people on some of these calls they go on.

Law enforcement is here to keep the peace and keep people safe, not solve all your life problems.

“Anyone have a breath mint?”

Since: Mar 09

Chico, CA

#54 Mar 19, 2009
Fishing King wrote:
bad cop no donut
leave the irish alone on march 17 or a lassie wil poke your eyes out
Yikes I just looked at your picture and I'm thinkin you need to step away from the donut counter yourself.

“Anyone have a breath mint?”

Since: Mar 09

Chico, CA

#55 Mar 19, 2009
panther for life wrote:
Hey "rhino' and "busted" I see you are sticking to your own thats fine as you folks I too have handle disputes everydasy with renters its not easy because half of them lie big time and I know it. But tell you what I try to be respectful I listen and most important I am not rude I have learned being in the business I am in "the good people over the bad" its not easy but I approach situations as mentioned above first and foremost . I have made mistakes in judgement many times I admit that and when I did I always made a point to apologize to who ever concerned.
You know what? I am glad you can tell good and bad people apart. Sometimes the good people are the bad people and when you get to know the bad people, they are good. Jeez I think I am making sense. So you think an officer should apologize when the are wrong in the assessment of people. What officers try to display at a scene is called "command presence". They are the alpha male on scene. Can't have two. If they look or act weak, then they may just get killed. Bad guys are sizing up cops all the time to see if they can take one down. Now that may be a whole lot of hoo ha, but there could be that one time they let their guard down and end up being carried by six. No officer wants to have someone tell their loved ones that they are not coming home anymore. So if you feel like you are not Mr. Important, TOO BAD. Get over it. By the way. I love the Panthers too. See we do have something in common.
been there

Chico, CA

#56 Mar 19, 2009
Wow wrote:
I think that a lot of people have forgotten that although the job of a law enforcement officer is to "protect and serve", that does not mean they are your babysitter, marriage and family counselor or referree for your little squabbles. Perhaps if people quit calling the police to deal with their out of control child who won't get off the computer, or their neighbor who parked 2 inches onto their property and all the petty little problems that should be dealt with in a civil manner, the police would be less apt to be annoyed with the people on some of these calls they go on.
Law enforcement is here to keep the peace and keep people safe, not solve all your life problems.
You have a point and the police should not have to be involved in these kind of "petty little problems" but that is what they get paid to do. You are right that law enforcement is her to keep the the peace and keep people same, but law enforcement has been charged with the responsibility of serving the public and that means helping solve the petty problems that "annoy" the officer. The officer needs to stop and "step back" once in a while and realize that this "stupid, dumb incident" is what he/she thinks it is but to the person or persons that the officer is dealing with this is a big deal and it is important. How hard is it to show a little empathy to the person you are dealing with?
been there

Chico, CA

#57 Mar 19, 2009
Original Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? I am glad you can tell good and bad people apart. Sometimes the good people are the bad people and when you get to know the bad people, they are good. Jeez I think I am making sense. So you think an officer should apologize when the are wrong in the assessment of people. What officers try to display at a scene is called "command presence". They are the alpha male on scene. Can't have two. If they look or act weak, then they may just get killed. Bad guys are sizing up cops all the time to see if they can take one down. Now that may be a whole lot of hoo ha, but there could be that one time they let their guard down and end up being carried by six. No officer wants to have someone tell their loved ones that they are not coming home anymore. So if you feel like you are not Mr. Important, TOO BAD. Get over it. By the way. I love the Panthers too. See we do have something in common.
You know you can be the "Alpa" without being overbearing. You did "make sense" with regards to good people and bad people, but that is a difficult concept to grasp. Not everyone is a bad guy and there is a difference between bad people and good people. How you treat them is a reflection of not only yourself but all other police officers. There is nothing wrong with explaining your actiions if you are "wrong in the assesment of people", it gives you credibiltiy, and that is what people want, that is what you shoud want. If you think that makes you weak, maybe you need to rethink why you are in law enforcement
panther for life

Chico, CA

#58 Mar 20, 2009
Original Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand what you are saying to a point we as people should respect you officers for what you do for us to "serve and protect" when you are on a call we expect you to take control you are trained to do just that. Its too bad we couldnt meet and talk I think after we talked we would have a better understanding about our concerns. These forums are great for all of us to give our opinions but sometimes its taken out of context.As to having something in common " GO PANTHERS"
IRA

Chico, CA

#59 Aug 30, 2009
U R comparing apples and oranges you tard!
Bruce

Azusa, CA

#60 Aug 30, 2009
Give Ireland back to the Irish!
Bergie

United States

#61 Mar 15, 2012
Does the chico pd shut down the roads in and out of Chico
ChicoAlumni

United States

#62 Apr 19, 2012
Joe Sixpack wrote:
If the cops are waiting outside the bars to nail revellers as soon as they set foot on the public sidewalk, I'd sneak out the back door of the establishment.
Unfortunately that is exactly what happens! You walk out of the bar- they ask you if you have been drinking- then they arrest you for a drunk in public! A misdemeanor! I could take care of myself completely but since I was leaving a bar I was "causing trouble". Does the campus know that we go to school to better ourselves and some stupid cop who need to increase his arrest numbers so he gets his OVERTIME comes around and ruins your record! I was just walking on a sidewalk! The cops are getting out of control!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Primary 1 hr Fraidy Cat One 10
Barack Hussein Obama Has Lost His Mind! 1 hr Bait Gobbler One 82
SCOTUS slams oslama 1 hr Here Is One 1
665,000 jobs lost in Jan 16 2 hr Here Is One 15
22 shit in Chicago in 12 hours 2 hr Here Is One 617
Conservaturds claim zika outbreak is liberal co... 8 hr The Bat Boy 8
The Final Humiliation of Hillary Clinton...! 9 hr TWP 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paradise Mortgages