Egyptian leader calls for destruction...

Egyptian leader calls for destruction of Sphinx

Posted in the Paradise Forum

Fire

Chico, CA

#1 Nov 13, 2012
An Egyptian jihad leader, with self-professed links to the Taliban, called for the “destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in Egypt,” drawing ties between the Egyptian relics and Buddha statues, local media reported this week.
Murgan Salem al-Gohary, an Islamist leader twice-sentenced under former President Hosni Mubarak for advocating violence, called on Muslims to remove such “idols.”

“All Muslims are charged with applying the teachings of Islam to remove such idols, as we did in Afghanistan when we destroyed the Buddha statues,” he said on Saturday during a television interview on an Egyptian private channel, widely watched by Egyptian and Arab audiences.

“God ordered Prophet Mohammed to destroy idols,” he added.“When I was with the Taliban we destroyed the statue of Buddha, something the government failed to do.”
Annoyed

Chico, CA

#2 Nov 14, 2012
Fire wrote:
An Egyptian jihad leader, with self-professed links to the Taliban, called for the “destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in Egypt,” drawing ties between the Egyptian relics and Buddha statues, local media reported this week.
Murgan Salem al-Gohary, an Islamist leader twice-sentenced under former President Hosni Mubarak for advocating violence, called on Muslims to remove such “idols.”
“All Muslims are charged with applying the teachings of Islam to remove such idols, as we did in Afghanistan when we destroyed the Buddha statues,” he said on Saturday during a television interview on an Egyptian private channel, widely watched by Egyptian and Arab audiences.
“God ordered Prophet Mohammed to destroy idols,” he added.“When I was with the Taliban we destroyed the statue of Buddha, something the government failed to do.”
Filthy creatures, wouldn't you agree? I'm now waiting for the newspaper stories about "Peaceful" Muslims, here and abroad, that show how angry they are over the violent, destructive acts of these crazed people.

Waiting..........crickets?
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Filthy creatures, wouldn't you agree? I'm now waiting for the newspaper stories about "Peaceful" Muslims, here and abroad, that show how angry they are over the violent, destructive acts of these crazed people.
>
>
Fanaticism is one of the biggest if not the biggest problem facing ALL religions and assorted dogmas....
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
That information is out there, but you have to look for it. It is not exactly a favorite of the mainstream, "liberal" media. You can find plenty of examples of Muslims in this country and in other countries denouncing terrorism and terrorism against the West and the US specifically. Muslims have been much, much greater victims of terror attacks by Islamic extremists than Westerners, so they understand very well what it means. Thousands of people have been blown up in Arab and Muslim countries by terrorists. They know better than we do (unless you've experienced terrorism directly like people in NY) what terrorism is all about and the horrors it brings.

Did you know that thousands of Iranians marched in support of the US after the September 11, 2001 attacks? I would have had no idea that that happened at all except that I ran across that fact (in an open US government source) several years ago and it stuck with me. The number was something like 20,000 Iranians who marched in the streets of Tehran and protested those terror attacks and supported the US, and a host of Iranian clerics also condemned it, including very high ranking ones in published speeches. That is just one example. Many more are out there, but they are not in the daily news. Just wanted to let you know.

One more thing. There is no reason why Muslim-Americans should speak out more against Islamic terrorism than other people in this country (unless they are involved in debates with people in other countries about how terrorism is not only immoral but counter-productive in achieving political ends) unless you think that people in particular groups must do this more than the average person. If you think that white Americans should focus more on white racism than others and point it out wherever they see it, or if African-Americans should first and foremost speak out on reverse racism, or women should be the first ones to point out where men are deprived of equal rights, etc., then you would be consistent in asking what you ask of Muslim-Americans. But if you don't think that these other groups should do what I write above, then you might be lumping too much responsibility on the average Muslim-American, especially as the overwhelming majority of them are law-abiding and abhor violence just like other kinds of Americans. Are you am member of a group who should be criticizing your own?

Just my thirty-two cents. Be well!
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have been more specific. The information is out there on past such issues. I can't say that I know anything about this event in particular. But I bet that soon opposition voices will be heard on this, too. Sorry for writing so much in response to something you didn't exactly say. My bad! Again, be well.
Progun

Dunnigan, CA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
Who cares. I'm more concerned about Obama declaring war on the U.S. and our constitution.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#7 Nov 15, 2012
Progun wrote:
Who cares. I'm more concerned about Obama declaring war on the U.S. and our constitution.
>
>
You already beat him to that....
The Infantile left Winged

Weed, CA

#8 Nov 15, 2012
Progun wrote:
Who Does The Government Intend To Shoot?

By Major General Jerry Curry, USA (Ret.)

The Social Security Administration (SSA) confirms that it is purchasing 174 thousand rounds of hollow point bullets to be delivered to 41 locations in major cities across the U.S. No one has yet said what the purpose of these purchases is, though we are led to believe that they will be used only in an emergency to counteract and control civil unrest. Those against whom the hollow point bullets are to be used — those causing the civil unrest — must be American citizens; since the SSA has never been used overseas to help foreign countries maintain control of their citizens.

What would be the target of these 174, 000 rounds of hollow point bullets? It can’t simply be to control demonstrators or rioters. Hollow point bullets are so lethal that the Geneva Convention does not allow their use on the battle field in time of war. Hollow point bullets don’t just stop or hurt people, they penetrate the body, spread out, fragment and cause maximum damage to the body’s organs. Death often follows.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/17/who-does-th...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 15, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Fanaticism is one of the biggest if not the biggest problem facing ALL religions and assorted dogmas....
Look at morons like you..........LOL

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Progun wrote:
Correct
Here is One

United States

#11 Nov 15, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at morons like you..........LOL
Eh?
You said JFK was a CONSERVATIVE and that Raygun was a LIBERAL!

You are intimately knowlegable of what BEING a MORON is.

Oh, and Catholics are not Christian!!!

OMG you are sooooo stoooopid!
Annoyed

Chico, CA

#12 Nov 15, 2012
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That information is out there, but you have to look for it. It is not exactly a favorite of the mainstream, "liberal" media. You can find plenty of examples of Muslims in this country and in other countries denouncing terrorism and terrorism against the West and the US specifically. Muslims have been much, much greater victims of terror attacks by Islamic extremists than Westerners, so they understand very well what it means. Thousands of people have been blown up in Arab and Muslim countries by terrorists. They know better than we do (unless you've experienced terrorism directly like people in NY) what terrorism is all about and the horrors it brings.
Did you know that thousands of Iranians marched in support of the US after the September 11, 2001 attacks? I would have had no idea that that happened at all except that I ran across that fact (in an open US government source) several years ago and it stuck with me. The number was something like 20,000 Iranians who marched in the streets of Tehran and protested those terror attacks and supported the US, and a host of Iranian clerics also condemned it, including very high ranking ones in published speeches. That is just one example. Many more are out there, but they are not in the daily news. Just wanted to let you know.
One more thing. There is no reason why Muslim-Americans should speak out more against Islamic terrorism than other people in this country (unless they are involved in debates with people in other countries about how terrorism is not only immoral but counter-productive in achieving political ends) unless you think that people in particular groups must do this more than the average person. If you think that white Americans should focus more on white racism than others and point it out wherever they see it, or if African-Americans should first and foremost speak out on reverse racism, or women should be the first ones to point out where men are deprived of equal rights, etc., then you would be consistent in asking what you ask of Muslim-Americans. But if you don't think that these other groups should do what I write above, then you might be lumping too much responsibility on the average Muslim-American, especially as the overwhelming majority of them are law-abiding and abhor violence just like other kinds of Americans. Are you am member of a group who should be criticizing your own?
Just my thirty-two cents. Be well!
Are you suggesting ALL the newspapers are in on a cover up to suppress information, that Muslim organizations are lazy in making comment, or are you saying they DO condemn violent acts and violence in the name of their religion and in the name of their God and greatest prophet???? How about here in Chico?

I'd imagine any violent, anti-American Methodist group going around bombing others might get a loud comment or two from any number of religous sources. Are you suggesting violence is so prevelant in the Muslim religion they don't bother to protest any more???

Perhaps you're not aware of various American Muslims arrested for bombing plots and such?? Do you think a louder voice of condemnation by Muslin religous athorities in the U.S. might have a positive effect??? I do. But regardless of my ideas....why not try it..do you think this would be a bad idea??

And I personally object to all the other references you try to make which only muddy the water....These are seperate issues and desearve to be treated as such; the Christian/Muslim situation is unique and deserves our undivided attention.

I stand by my statement: American Muslim organizations should be speaking out louder....I CAN'T HEAR THEM, and no one else can either.

If I am personally stepping on your toes or that of your family I apoligize.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 15, 2012
I agree with you that it would be beneficial to them to be more vocal about it, but a few American Muslims that I know (granted not a scientific sampling) say that it should be obvious that they don't support such things and that they shouldn't have to always be explaining that not all muslims are the same, just like christians shouldn't have to go around explaining that they don't support the more radical elements of their faith.

If you are a christian do you feel the need to explain to everyone that you are not affiliated with that radical church in Kansas that protests at soldiers funerals and such? Or do you assume that people will give you the benefit of the doubt?
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

#14 Nov 15, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Including regressive liberalism!!!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#15 Nov 15, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Including regressive liberalism!!!
>
>
And certified conservative fools like you...
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

#16 Nov 15, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
And certified conservative fools like you...
Oh I'm certified in many trades,but... not as a fool!
I wonder if you nicoliar, will ever to graduate up to a first grade level in your posts!
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#17 Nov 15, 2012
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting ALL the newspapers are in on a cover up to suppress information, that Muslim organizations are lazy in making comment, or are you saying they DO condemn violent acts and violence in the name of their religion and in the name of their God and greatest prophet???? How about here in Chico?
I'd imagine any violent, anti-American Methodist group going around bombing others might get a loud comment or two from any number of religous sources. Are you suggesting violence is so prevelant in the Muslim religion they don't bother to protest any more???
Perhaps you're not aware of various American Muslims arrested for bombing plots and such?? Do you think a louder voice of condemnation by Muslin religous athorities in the U.S. might have a positive effect??? I do. But regardless of my ideas....why not try it..do you think this would be a bad idea??
And I personally object to all the other references you try to make which only muddy the water....These are seperate issues and desearve to be treated as such; the Christian/Muslim situation is unique and deserves our undivided attention.
I stand by my statement: American Muslim organizations should be speaking out louder....I CAN'T HEAR THEM, and no one else can either.
If I am personally stepping on your toes or that of your family I apoligize.
I never said anything about a "cover up." I am not sure how you read that into my comments. I'm just saying that a story about people peacefully condemning violence does not get the type of press coverage that violent events get. I hope that helps to clear up what you think I was trying to say.

YES, they DO condemn violent acts. If you want to do some research on this, you will find A LOT of evidence of this. People protest violence all the time in the Muslim world. Just because you don't hear anything about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Dig a little bit and you will find what you are hoping to find.

How many Muslim Americans are arrested compared to other kinds of Americans? Are you saying Muslim Americans are MORE prone to violence and terrorism than other types of Americans? If so, you need to do a little research on other, much more violent groups of people in this country on both the left and the right.

What is the "Christian/Muslim situation" that you are referring to? What do you mean by that? Why can't we view terrorism with a wider lens than you want to use?

Again, I urge you to look up what you think is not out there. Just google it. It does not make the mainstream news (not because of a cover up but because it doesn't sell copy), but what you are hoping to find is out there.

You are not stepping on my toes or the toes of any member of my family. I do appreciate your comments and the civil way you present them, but don't imagine that I am speaking for myself. But I have had the opportunity to meet several young Muslim American people over the last few years and I think it is unfair of you to expect them to speak out against terrorism. They want to live their own lives, and not be responsible for the acts of others, even crazy people who share their religion.

It is not muddying the waters to bring up other issues. If you think Muslims have a special obligation to speak out against terrorism (and in my first comment to you I noted a role for them in doing that in conversations with Muslims around the world), then you should be consistent in expecting White men to take up issues of racism against minorities, and in expecting White born again Christians to challenge sexist and anti-Semitic views that some of their co-religionists share. I do not believe in collective guilt so I don't think people have an obligation to address the misdeeds of people that are identified with them. That is not fair to them, especially as they have no connection to heinous acts of terrorism.
Godfrey

Oroville, CA

#18 Nov 15, 2012
Fire wrote:
Aren’t we all just about as tired as we can be talking about these sorry bastards. If they want to tear, destroy or paint a big pecker on the Sphinx I could really give a sh_t. I like everybody no matter about race (unlike liberals), I have Arab friends but If I never see another stinking lousy Arab criminal jackass in dirty pajamas again threatening to do some stupid crap it will be the greatest thing since birth.
Godfrey

Oroville, CA

#19 Nov 15, 2012
TSQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about a "cover up." I am not sure how you read that into my comments. I'm just saying that a story about people peacefully condemning violence does not get the type of press coverage that violent events get. I hope that helps to clear up what you think I was trying to say.
YES, they DO condemn violent acts. If you want to do some research on this, you will find A LOT of evidence of this. People protest violence all the time in the Muslim world. Just because you don't hear anything about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Dig a little bit and you will find what you are hoping to find.
How many Muslim Americans are arrested compared to other kinds of Americans? Are you saying Muslim Americans are MORE prone to violence and terrorism than other types of Americans? If so, you need to do a little research on other, much more violent groups of people in this country on both the left and the right.
What is the "Christian/Muslim situation" that you are referring to? What do you mean by that? Why can't we view terrorism with a wider lens than you want to use?
Again, I urge you to look up what you think is not out there. Just google it. It does not make the mainstream news (not because of a cover up but because it doesn't sell copy), but what you are hoping to find is out there.
You are not stepping on my toes or the toes of any member of my family. I do appreciate your comments and the civil way you present them, but don't imagine that I am speaking for myself. But I have had the opportunity to meet several young Muslim American people over the last few years and I think it is unfair of you to expect them to speak out against terrorism. They want to live their own lives, and not be responsible for the acts of others, even crazy people who share their religion.
It is not muddying the waters to bring up other issues. If you think Muslims have a special obligation to speak out against terrorism (and in my first comment to you I noted a role for them in doing that in conversations with Muslims around the world), then you should be consistent in expecting White men to take up issues of racism against minorities, and in expecting White born again Christians to challenge sexist and anti-Semitic views that some of their co-religionists share. I do not believe in collective guilt so I don't think people have an obligation to address the misdeeds of people that are identified with them. That is not fair to them, especially as they have no connection to heinous acts of terrorism.
You stinking devil. I didn't read all this crap but saw the "Christian" and "White" stuff and that is all I have to see with you. U flippin jackass. The butt breath republicans r all worried about getting along with your type, but I know you are the worst, you are the Hitlers of are time and you know it too.
TSQ

Diamond Bar, CA

#20 Nov 16, 2012
Godfrey wrote:
<quoted text>You stinking devil. I didn't read all this crap but saw the "Christian" and "White" stuff and that is all I have to see with you. U flippin jackass. The butt breath republicans r all worried about getting along with your type, but I know you are the worst, you are the Hitlers of are time and you know it too.
You show just how much of a non-thinker you are with this comment. You only pick out a few words and then you think you know what the person is saying? That must be why you have such poor comprehension skills. That plus the fact that you don't care what anyone else has to say makes you write less than worthless things. I'll pick out a few words from your post and assume you are talking about yourself- jackass, butt breath, Hitler- yep, that says it all about you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trash hauling meetings scheduled to explain cha... 4 hr CHICORESIDENT 1
Left To Celebrate Ramadan 7 hr Godfrey 1
Democrats Change Story about Russian Election H... 7 hr Always One 3
Self Destructive SECRETS LEAKER TRUMP still pla... 8 hr Bob Luvs Closets 33
Wanna Be Loser VP Candidate Son Insane with Tru... 14 hr Bob Luvs Woody 1
Russia Hacked Hilary Corruption Sat Godfrey 1
Team Obama tried to hack the election Sat Obama In The Stocks 1

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance