Higher taxes. At what cost?

“Government IS the problem.”

Since: Jan 08

Chico, CA

#389 Jan 29, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, all of the world's experts are touting global warming because they have a 'political agenda', while the Big Oil's paid apologists are objective 'scientists'.
It is a known fact that many of the AGW hack scientists receive their funding from the government to do their research. Show me how much money someone like Dr. Roy Spencer(a NASA scientist) or Richard Lidnzen(M.I.T. professor) receive from Big Oil rather than from Big Government.
<quoted text>
"Erickson has finally hit the fifth stage of conservative climate change grief: denial, denial, denial, denial, and acceptance.("Denial" Isn't Just A Dry Riverbed In Egypt)", said Colbert.
Personally, this is my take on it: Denial, denial, denial, followed with "well, AGW is true, but what the fck, it's too late to do anything about it".
To believe in AGW you must believe that the man is entirely responsible for the warming, that the results will be catastrophic and you must believe that scientists like Lindzen, Christy, Spencer, etc. are frauds and no nothing of what they study.

If your source of record for climate science is Comedy Central then you no doubt will only be taken seriously by non thinkers.

Chico, CA

#390 Jan 29, 2013
"A report by the World Bank Group last year (PDF) found that most scientists believe the Earth is already headed for about 3-4°C of global average temperature warming by 2050, provided the current international agreements on carbon emissions are adhered to. By the end of the century, that change could be as high as 8-9°C."
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/24/right-w...
"The report made one point abundantly clear: 4°C of climate change could tip the scales of civilization decidedly against human survival.
“We will drive to extinction 20 to 50 percent of the species on the planet,” NASA climate scientist Dr. James Hansen told Current TV host Eliot Spitzer last August.“We are pushing the system an order of magnitude faster than any natural changes of climate in the past.”
Raw Story, Hansen on Al Jezarra with Eliot Spitzer. Now those are some trust worthy sources.

You are really grasping if this is the best you can do. What a joke.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#391 Jan 30, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word you used is "story". Your analogy of the camel's back is to simplistic to compare to something as complex and unknown as our climate.
>
>
One has little choice but to use simplistic stories to get a point across to simplistic minds ....<:-)

The moral of the "camel story" is that seemingly small changes can have large and sometimes unpleasant consequences...

But if you stop and think about it, the more complex a system is, the more susceptible it would be to smaller influences...

To give another simplistic example: lets assume you fly a plane and point the nose at a target on the East coast, but unbeknownst to you there is a .25 MPH breeze blowing southwards... Unless you take corrective action you will end up miles south of your intended destination...

You ought to read up on Ed Lorentz and the butterfly effect ( The term butterfly effect not to be taken literally by the TOPIX wiseasses)

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#392 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Just because you sail your Donzi in your rusty old bathtub does not mean i did not fire and M14 and an M16...LMAO
Nobody that ever fired a m14 and a m16 would say the m16 was more powerful..........LOL

Why do you keep proving you were never in the military????

“Facts”

Location hidden

#393 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
You ought to eat a handful of grilled garlic cloves, they will keep you from passing so much gas...
Yes the facts prove you a liar again so you revert to childish schoolyard rants........

I gave you the electric consumption of my house..........Like you asked????
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#394 Jan 30, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>

Who fears the permafrost will thaw releasing methane? Where is the methane frozen in storage? Is it in the lakes or bogs? How far north each summer does the permafrost thaw? And is that thaw consistent from year to year?
Your link provides no basis for it's opinions. I saw no links to any scientific studies, no foot notes, there were no documents listed at all. It is hardly a source worth linking to, or for that matter reading. Not if you are at all intellectually curious.
>
>
Intelligent people who know what they are talking about fear that methane will be released as the permafrost melts...

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lookingatear...

Come on SAMMY, are you insinuating the author (s) of the article just sat down and started making things up just to get on the good side of Al Gore...!!!???
One loses again

Lincoln, CA

#395 Jan 30, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many ways to cut spending. Do away with all subsidies to ALL corporations, farm and green energy(including ethanol) included.
Do away with the EPA. There is a lot of waste in the military. Ad infinitum.
<quoted text>
I have health insurance when do I get new health?
You get a new vehicle when you buy one.
O.K. then Sam, you don't really have anything constructive to say about the federal deficit do you?

So I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to cut wasteful spending on programs that only benefit the wealthy who take their ill -gotten money (welfare) and park it over -seas.

I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to push legislation that would require means -testing for Social Security.

I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to change water law that allows the agricultural community to get taxpayer subsidized water and then sell that water to third parties.

I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to push the policy of requiring people who purchase oil leases on federal lands to develop those leases within a reasonable time frame or the people holding the lease lose it.

Sam, you’re just like most repubicans, you’re an empty shell when it comes to having any kind of intelligent dialogue about solving the deficit problem.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#396 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Intelligent people who know what they are talking about fear that methane will be released as the permafrost melts...
Come on SAMMY, are you insinuating the author (s) of the article just sat down and started making things up just to get on the good side of Al Gore...!!!???
So what happened during the last 5 ice ages and their melting?????
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#397 Jan 30, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>

Your link provides no basis for it's opinions. I saw no links to any scientific studies, no foot notes, there were no documents listed at all. It is hardly a source worth linking to, or for that matter reading. Not if you are at all intellectually curious.
>
>
Sorry SAM, but you will have to develop your own intellectual curiosity, neither I nor anyone else can be intellectually curious for you...

I have already posted dozens of links and articles with charts and diagrams detailing much of AGW scientific research, so if you are having difficulties understanding the layman's version of their research, what makes you think you will understand "any scientific studies...???"
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#398 Jan 30, 2013
One loses again wrote:
<quoted text>
O.K. then Sam, you don't really have anything constructive to say about the federal deficit do you?
So I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to cut wasteful spending on programs that only benefit the wealthy who take their ill -gotten money (welfare) and park it over -seas.
I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to push legislation that would require means -testing for Social Security.
I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to change water law that allows the agricultural community to get taxpayer subsidized water and then sell that water to third parties.
I’ll continue encouraging my legislators to push the policy of requiring people who purchase oil leases on federal lands to develop those leases within a reasonable time frame or the people holding the lease lose it.
Sam, you’re just like most repubicans, you’re an empty shell when it comes to having any kind of intelligent dialogue about solving the deficit problem.
>
>
My sentiments exactly...

Great post!

“Facts”

Location hidden

#399 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Sorry SAM, but you will have to develop your own intellectual curiosity, neither I nor anyone else can be intellectually curious for you...
I have already posted dozens of links and articles with charts and diagrams detailing much of AGW scientific research, so if you are having difficulties understanding the layman's version of their research, what makes you think you will understand "any scientific studies...???"
But you cant seem to post a list of the scientist names that write these papers???

It is always some group like the world bank..........LOL

never any scientist names,,,,,,,,,,And when there is a name it is one or two......

But yet thousands of published scientist in environmental studies say that MMGW is a hoax........

Where is your proof??

proof requires names of scientist......

Chico, CA

#400 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Bottom line is that there has been no warming in the last decade or so and nobody has proven that man's CO2 output has warmed the earth.

If all you believe is true the reality is that any steps the world could take would make no significant difference in the temperature of the world, according to the IPCC. Therefore why would you want to deny people in Third World countries the benefits of a longer, easier life?
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#401 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
This is a sorry attempt to take higher ground.
You cannot take higher ground if the position is not adequately established.

Are we discussing global warming?...or AGW, or MMGW, or simple Climate change? or how about this one?....
"Has new research disproven the theoretical models of anthropogenic global warming? A new study by a European nuclear research group appears to show that the actual prime cause of temperature shifts in the Earth’s climate isn’t carbon dioxide at all, or even the broader range of “greenhouse gases,” but the large ball of fire in the center of the solar system. Not that this study from CERN has attracted much attention in the media, at least not in the US — but at least Nature reported the results and the implications:"
It sounds like a conspiracy theory:‘cosmic rays’ from deep space might be creating clouds in Earth’s atmosphere and changing the climate. Yet an experiment at CERN, Europe’s high-energy physics laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland, is finding tentative evidence for just that."

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/31/has-the...

or
Here is One

Amity, OR

#402 Jan 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
You ought to eat a handful of grilled garlic cloves, they will keep you from passing so much gas...
Ahahahaha hey Gramps, Nixon's EPA does NOT APPLY in Mexico. Let him FOUL THE AIR THERE! Ah yes nothing like PARADISE!
Here is One

United States

#403 Jan 30, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a sorry attempt to take higher ground.
You cannot take higher ground if the position is not adequately established.
Are we discussing global warming?...or AGW, or MMGW, or simple Climate change? or how about this one?....
"Has new research disproven the theoretical models of anthropogenic global warming? A new study by a European nuclear research group appears to show that the actual prime cause of temperature shifts in the Earth’s climate isn’t carbon dioxide at all, or even the broader range of “greenhouse gases,” but the large ball of fire in the center of the solar system. Not that this study from CERN has attracted much attention in the media, at least not in the US — but at least Nature reported the results and the implications:"
It sounds like a conspiracy theory:‘cosmic rays’ from deep space might be creating clouds in Earth’s atmosphere and changing the climate. Yet an experiment at CERN, Europe’s high-energy physics laboratory near Geneva, Switzerland, is finding tentative evidence for just that."
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/08/31/has-the...
or
Let the Koch Brothers hire another scientist who upon studying the issue agrees that HUMAN BEING ARE THE CAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE!

Oh yeah you forgot that One eh? IDIOT!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#404 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody that ever fired a m14 and a m16 would say the m16 was more powerful..........LOL
Why do you keep proving you were never in the military????
>
>
Tell that to the military, apparently they don't know what they are doing and could definitely benefit from your vast combat experience....
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#405 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So what happened during the last 5 ice ages and their melting?????
>
>
Let us suppose you enlighten us with your vast reservoir of climatological reservoir....
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#406 Jan 30, 2013
>
>
Correction, the last should have read:

Let us suppose you enlighten us with your vast reservoir of climatological knowledge...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#407 Jan 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
But you cant seem to post a list of the scientist names that write these papers???
It is always some group like the world bank..........LOL
never any scientist names,,,,,,,,,,And when there is a name it is one or two......
But yet thousands of published scientist in environmental studies say that MMGW is a hoax........
Where is your proof??
proof requires names of scientist......
>
>
Listen dope,

If you want to waste your time posting lists of scientist , be my guest....

If you want to know the names of the scientists working on AGW climate research you can find them easily in most organizations web site.... no one will waste their time compiling a list of scientists for a moron like you...

Proof does not require names of scientists....

For instance, if you do not believe in the law of gravity you can prove it or disprove it yourself by going to the roof of a skyscraper and jumping down....
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#408 Jan 30, 2013
Sam Lowree wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line is that there has been no warming in the last decade or so and nobody has proven that man's CO2 output has warmed the earth.
If all you believe is true the reality is that any steps the world could take would make no significant difference in the temperature of the world, according to the IPCC. Therefore why would you want to deny people in Third World countries the benefits of a longer, easier life?
>
>
Bottom line is that the graphs in this link disagree with your assertion that there has been no warming or other measurable AGW effects during the last decade...

http://climate.nasa.gov/key_indicators

How do you figure that food shortages caused by wild weather swings brought about by AGW will benefit and make life easier for thirld world people...????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas hike Tue a-citizen 1
Grandpa's ilk is to blame Mon Can We Fix Stupid 1
Modern day Dr.Jeckyl and Mr Hyde Mar 20 a-citizen 1
Trump's B/S wiretap, Hmmm Mar 20 a-citizen 1
CHP(Black-top Mafia, I call them) in Paradise Mar 20 a-citizen 2
Almost half of Canadians want illegal border cr... Mar 20 a-citizen 1
Trump is right again,bummer for Liberals Mar 15 a-citizen 1

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance