2 teens hurt in Neal Road wreck

2 teens hurt in Neal Road wreck

There are 51 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Mar 13, 2010, titled 2 teens hurt in Neal Road wreck. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Two Ridge teenagers were injured in a collision with an oak tree on Neal Road south of Roe Road after the driver lost control of his car during an unsafe pass on wet roads Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Passenger

Chico, CA

#42 Mar 26, 2010
I'm not saying let it go and don't teach your kids anything. Im saying stop talking about it so rudely and repeating everything you say in every single comment. But honestly, I'm sick of this back and forth. I have better things to do than keep wondering why someone has such an antagonistic approach on the whole thing when his 2 cents are unwanted anyways..
A REAL realist

Vina, CA

#43 Apr 4, 2010
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the FOOL, what does the ages of those involved have to do with the argument ???Use to be if a girl was 14 yrs. or over she could get "married" in America. The head of the Federal reserve Mr. Ickes during the Kennedy administration had a 14-15 yr. old wife He was 72 yrs. old. No one seemed to mind that,its just that all the rest of us slaves have to comply with "others" morals,and beliefs,and values. I had my 15 yr.old girlfriend living with me when I was almost 18. We stayed together over 10 years.It was between us and no one else!I would of "slapped" anyone who had the nerve to critisize me or her!A molester is someone that touch's a girl "before" she starts her ministral!It may not be "human" law, but its nature law and Gods.I think in Miss. and Louisiana they can still marry at 14.Utah may also be an exception?Age has "nothing" to do with this argument! Grow up and MYOB unless it affects you or your family!Its about CARELESS driving, that did affect someone!
Everyone IS minding their own business! The fact that he was driving carelessly risking his life and the life of another makes it the business of everyone else he put in danger while driving that way - that tree could've been anyone's family. If he wanted people to mind their own business, he should've minded his own by being responsible. Way to go showing off though, looks like he won the approval of a naive little girl by "wishing he could take all the pain"
The Driver

Oroville, CA

#44 Apr 7, 2010
I honestly dont believe that this has much to do with me hurting myself and another, you people may make my buisness as much yours as it is mine, I honestly dont care, you can all go smash into a tree and fucking off yourselfs. What I dont understand is that you people know nothing of me or the life I have experienced, if you truly knew me then you would know that this incident was a true legitimate accident, I have no reason to want to hurt myself or anyone else and when I say that I mean it, I will let you people think what you want, there is not much I can do to change that but one thing I do hope is that you are not as cruel as your writings are. I am a good person and I know that and rude amoral comments will never change that, so I hope in the further future when an incident as mine comes to your life, that everyone around you treats you like a total piece of shit, trust me its coming for you!
Use your head

Chico, CA

#45 Apr 7, 2010
Many people do not realise that you do not have to be going around a curve for your car to hydro-plane. I had a niece who was killed on a straight road in the rain. She was somewhat (it doesn't take much) over the limit, but hydro-planing is very dangerous. I am surprised there are not more on the Skyway the way people over speed on it. I don't believe anyone intentionally drives to hurt others, they may not always help themselves by speeding but as they say **it happens. Just using common sense would put a stop to many accidents.
John

Paradise, CA

#46 Apr 10, 2010
Use your head wrote:
Many people do not realise that you do not have to be going around a curve for your car to hydro-plane. I had a niece who was killed on a straight road in the rain. She was somewhat (it doesn't take much) over the limit, but hydro-planing is very dangerous. I am surprised there are not more on the Skyway the way people over speed on it. I don't believe anyone intentionally drives to hurt others, they may not always help themselves by speeding but as they say **it happens. Just using common sense would put a stop to many accidents.
You are right. You can hydro plan going straight or going around a corner. It doesn't matter. Speed is the only real factor because its the only factor that can be controlled.

Its very clear he was not doing the speed limit and unless he cut every piece of structure out of that car it wouldn't have twist that bad. I am not going to say what I think he was going but its not close to the normal speed limit and that makes it way to fast when the road is wet.

I have spent years fixing cars people wreck. I love when a new one comes in looking like this and the person says " I was only going 5 mph over and..." Umm you can adjust your head lights from your glove compartment while sitting in your back seat. Your going to sit here and tell me only 5mph over... yeah right.. to bad we can't get a copy of the CHP report. I love to pay 20 bucks for a copy.
John

Paradise, CA

#47 Apr 10, 2010
The Driver wrote:
I honestly dont believe that this has much to do with me hurting myself and another, you people may make my buisness as much yours as it is mine, I honestly dont care, you can all go smash into a tree and **** off yourselfs. What I dont understand is that you people know nothing of me or the life I have experienced, if you truly knew me then you would know that this incident was a true legitimate accident, I have no reason to want to hurt myself or anyone else and when I say that I mean it, I will let you people think what you want, there is not much I can do to change that but one thing I do hope is that you are not as cruel as your writings are. I am a good person and I know that and rude amoral comments will never change that, so I hope in the further future when an incident as mine comes to your life, that everyone around you treats you like a total piece of ****, trust me its coming for you!
No one accused you of wanting it but the person who claimed to be the girl in the car with you.

We have all said bull...t on you were not speeding. If you were speeding then this is not a accident and its your fault. If you want to speed and have fun then hell go for it on a track.
Magalia resident

Chico, CA

#48 Apr 10, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
There's NO INDICATION these kids were smoking "pot" as you insinuate ! Where's any "evidence" Just more snide remarks!!! Maybe they were hanging around the DDA who wrecked his car with ALCoHOL ?????
the child endangerment one remember? Sure lucky someone like you don't live in our neighborhood ,We have a saying MYOB =live a long time !The choice is usually theirs!
"Sure lucky someone like you don't live in our neighborhood ,We have a saying MYOB =live a long time !The choice is usually theirs!
"

You are an imbecile and your little saying is a joke, are you trying to say that if you dont myob you will be hurt? Stupid crackhead remarks, Im GLAD I dont live in YOUR neighborhood, Im GLAD my neighbors watch out for us and our property as are most people that arent paranoid crackheads that live on crack row.
your kidding

Chico, CA

#49 Apr 10, 2010
what part of double yellow line don't you understand
a hoyden hoyt

United States

#50 Apr 10, 2010
The Driver wrote:
I honestly dont believe that this has much to do with me hurting myself and another, you people may make my buisness as much yours as it is mine, I honestly dont care, you can all go smash into a tree and **** off yourselfs. What I dont understand is that you people know nothing of me or the life I have experienced, if you truly knew me then you would know that this incident was a true legitimate accident, I have no reason to want to hurt myself or anyone else and when I say that I mean it, I will let you people think what you want, there is not much I can do to change that but one thing I do hope is that you are not as cruel as your writings are. I am a good person and I know that and rude amoral comments will never change that, so I hope in the further future when an incident as mine comes to your life, that everyone around you treats you like a total piece of ****, trust me its coming for you!
Your statement here is really disappointing and leads me to believe you will not change your driving habits. Neither you nor you passenger are taking any responsibility for your "accident". I have no reason to doubt you are a good person however, it appears that you sometimes have poor and potentially lethal judgement when it comes to driving.

As far as Paradise drivers go, my experience has been that age is not a qualifying factor when it comes to speeding.

Paradisians like to refer to the "Town" as a rural community and often a picture of quiet tree lined tranquility is described in these comments. This is hardly the case. Our quaint little town with streets that have no sidewalks represents what: a community that travels by horse and buggy; a community where there are so few cars one can walk safely on the street; or a poorly planned community that has out grown its now ill fitting moniker of rural? Paradise is an auto-centric small city that has been designed solely around motorized transportation. Drivers own the road and give no quarter to pedestrians. We should feel our children are safe when walking to school and that we can safely walk to the market or walk around the neighborhood (do people still want to do this?). And, for all of the health, economic, and environmental troubles we are facing -- we need to walk more and drive less. The town needs to install more stop signs, drop the speed limit to 25 in ALL residential areas, and aggressively ticket speeders. We need to take back our streets!
PunJedi

Chico, CA

#52 Jun 2, 2012
Who wrote this article?

The roads were bone dry. I live 2 houses from the accident off blue jay ln. I was outside and heard it and walked up the street to the scene. There was no slamming of brakes, no honking, nothing but impact.

I came onto scene and the driver and the one passenger were being helped, the girl and the younger boy were still inside. The driver was yelling things that I won't repeat as an investigation is going on, but they weren't passing anyone.

We did what we could to try and release her from the back but the vehicle was crunched down. None of us could do anything but mind traffic as police and fire were showing on the scene.

My prayers go out to all 4 of those in the car.

Speeding kills, but regardless, no one deserves the tragedy that it causes. It's life, we all make crappy choices, some more deadly than others.

I know this accident will sit with me for some time.
PunJedi

Chico, CA

#53 Jun 2, 2012
well scratch that comment, this just happened again and I thought it was the same article....confused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NO post Inaugural Honeymoon for the TRUMPSTER! 11 min theEND 1
A list of companies that have left the USA (Jan '12) 21 min Buryman 26
Vald Putin to walk Penn Ave Hand in Hand with T... 24 min A Love Story 1
Trump to enter office with HISTORY'S LOWEST App... 27 min DeepMuck2Blame 13
Vlad Putin DEFENDS his buddy Vlad Trump! 33 min comeDonnyCome 1
Naked and Lesbian pictures of Melania Trump are... 38 min comeGETem 6
Trumps SWAMP CREATURE Cabinet pick for HHS GUIL... 41 min MuckMasterDJT 2

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paradise Mortgages