2 teens hurt in Neal Road wreck

2 teens hurt in Neal Road wreck

There are 51 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Mar 13, 2010, titled 2 teens hurt in Neal Road wreck. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Two Ridge teenagers were injured in a collision with an oak tree on Neal Road south of Roe Road after the driver lost control of his car during an unsafe pass on wet roads Friday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sarah pacatte

Chico, CA

#1 Mar 13, 2010
... Time to get rid of the TREE!
John

Chico, CA

#2 Mar 13, 2010
sarah pacatte wrote:
Time to get rid of stupid people who leave comments and stupid people who don't know how to drive and think their Honda is a race car and pass people over a double yellow.
Lets get a solution

Chico, CA

#3 Mar 13, 2010
I have live on this corner for many years I can not even count how many accidents we have had. Yes there is a speed limit sign but it would not matter if it said 15 MPH. the ones that wreak are driving carelessly 50% are drinking 50% are not. Speed is the factor and the way the road cambers. If a three way stop would be made at Roe and Neal this would solve all the problems. A lot of money could be saved and they young man that lost his life would have been avoided.
Mac Mc Daniel

United States

#4 Mar 13, 2010
Sarah Pacatte must have moved to Magalia from L.A. Her comment displays her better interests. Go back to where she came from is my opinion.
Mac Mc Daniel

United States

#5 Mar 13, 2010
Too many drivers ignore the posted speed limit of 35mph. I think Paradise could increase revenue tenfold if they would monitor and cite motorists in this area even 1 day a month during commute hours.

Too bad about the accident but if we polled the neighbors I believe that most would agree that too many mail boxes, deer and other wildlife have been "taken out" as a result of irresponsible drivers.
Philip

Springville, UT

#6 Mar 13, 2010
Good thing you guys are alive, love ya both...
BenThere DoneThat

San Clemente, CA

#7 Mar 13, 2010
From the story:--- "Police said Chambers would likely be cited, however he didn't appear to be under the influence, officers said."

Excuse me. Obvious reckless driving and he's only "likely to be cited?"

If I hear about some lawyer filing suit against Paradise or Butte County for that clown because of a misplaced tree or some other crap like that, I will just puke. No, I think I will just volunteer to be on the jury.
Common Sence

Southport, Australia

#8 Mar 13, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to get rid of stupid people who leave comments and stupid people who don't know how to drive and think their Honda is a race car and pass people over a double yellow.
Yeah lets blame the trees,dogs,deer,squirles or any other factor
except the ability to handle a vehicle given such a situation !!What about ice,rain,snow? If you can't HANG WITH THE BIG DOGS,GO SIT on the sidelines !!!Next it will be the boulders or Mountain sides fault!Unless its a "rock slide" handle your vehicle,stay in your lane !!!
someones mom

Sloughhouse, CA

#9 Mar 14, 2010
I just hope the girl recovers. 16 and 19? For second I put my self in her parents shoes and I am not happy at all. Sad.
I have 2 boys and I have to say they are dangerous.
We need to teach our children to be wise (R)
I am bringing my teenage son in right now to read this article.
mom
speeding

United States

#11 Mar 14, 2010
I guess the problem with so many teens is they think this could never happen to me....until it does. Pentz rd is known for its curves on the way to Oroville. I have been passed many times, when I look over it is usually a young driver. Not always, but 7 out of 10 times is the average. I have had some close calls with someone speeding & passing, I always say under my breath, "that's one they will be picking up in a body bag." I have often seen these same drivers stopped by a cop farther down the road. As Paradise & Skyway is not known for few tickets given out for speeding, the accidents will continue to happen.
Slow Down

United States

#12 Mar 14, 2010
I've driven around that corner daily for over 25 years. The danger lies in the speed of the car. Go 35, no problem. Go over, take your life (in this case, the life of your passenger, too) into your own hands.

Passing is a serious problem on this road, as well. If you do go the speed limit, you run the risk of being passed by some idiot in his rice burner or worse, the lifted and widened and lit up trucks that are nearly as big as the road itself.

And heaven help your twisted neck if you are trying to make a turn from Roe Road onto Neal. If the oncoming traffic were truly going the speed limit, you could make an educated guess about the safety of your turn. But no matter how many times you look back and forth, it seems there's going to always be a car speeding around the corner on the way up the hill. You look, they're not there, you start to go, look again and there they are.

I agree that a three-way stop sign is needed there. Instead we'll probably get another crosswalk on Skyway.
Sarah

United States

#13 Mar 14, 2010
Simple Solution, don't pass cars on a 35mph road going 50mph ESPECIALLY when its raining I mean come on people could atleast use their common sense or actually use their head. This could have easily cost them both their lives all because, he didn't realize that passing cars when its raining isn't smart.
someones mom

Sloughhouse, CA

#14 Mar 14, 2010
This is what is difficult about this situation. MOST 19 year old boys lack the judgement that was needed here. He broke 2 laws. Speed limit and passing in double yellow!
I had my boy read article and asked him what the boy here was doing wrong.
He answered correctly. I just hope he remembers this when he starts driving.

My prayers go out to the injured girl and her family~
Steve

Sloughhouse, CA

#15 Mar 15, 2010
I live on Neal Road and when I heard about it I knew exactly what car it was. It is too bad this kid had to hurt someone else. He has been speeding up & down Neal Road for a long time. As I was walking to our mail box the last time I motioned for him to slow down he made a motion in my direction with his car & jesture out the window. This happened with my wife also.
Thats the end of his car!!!
Fred-not-the-fro g

Chico, CA

#16 Mar 15, 2010
Just because you "think" you're a good driver doesn't make you one. Slow down and be extra careful during the rainy season.
Fred-not-the-fro g

Chico, CA

#17 Mar 15, 2010
Lets get a solution wrote:
I have live on this corner for many years I can not even count how many accidents we have had. Yes there is a speed limit sign but it would not matter if it said 15 MPH. the ones that wreak are driving carelessly 50% are drinking 50% are not. Speed is the factor and the way the road cambers. If a three way stop would be made at Roe and Neal this would solve all the problems. A lot of money could be saved and they young man that lost his life would have been avoided.
Yeah, my brother was in one of these kinds of accidents up in Berry Creek. The Camero lost control and they ended up falling 50 feet against some trees. The driver got out of it with just a few scratches, my brother's lung was punctured, one had to have a plate put in his head, another had to have his elbow reconstructed and well lets jsut say the 5th didn't make it. Why did this happen? There was a sign up saying loose gravel that they thought they could just ignore. They were up to 70 mph when the car lost control.
Fred-not-the-fro g

Chico, CA

#18 Mar 15, 2010
sarah pacatte wrote:
Actually the tree is likely saving the lives of anyone who might be living nearby. Especially if he really lost control.
Kang

Sacramento, CA

#19 Mar 15, 2010
Talk about moron. Way to go josh!
AOL

#20 Mar 16, 2010
Steve wrote:
I live on Neal Road and when I heard about it I knew exactly what car it was. It is too bad this kid had to hurt someone else. He has been speeding up & down Neal Road for a long time. As I was walking to our mail box the last time I motioned for him to slow down he made a motion in my direction with his car & jesture out the window. This happened with my wife also.
Thats the end of his car!!!
It appears its his Karma for being such a little punk,too bad although the girl had to get hurt as a result of his negligence
and carelessness!!!Obviously with his car totaled (too bad for him)
he needs a skateboard or bicycle so he won't hurt anyone else but himself !!!Perhaps the bus ?
Fred-not-the-fro g

Chico, CA

#21 Mar 16, 2010
Poor bus, what'd it ever do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same Old Cesspool 6 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 6
Educating Brain Dead Liberals 8 hr GRUMPY NICOLAI 1
EDUCATING CONSERVATIVES Part 15 8 hr Liberal Evolution... 21
The Clinton Crime Family at Work - Pay For Play 9 hr Bob Luvs Pay For ... 1
Scientific Study Confirms Liberals Are Ignoran... 10 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 2
Teneo And The Clinton Criminals 10 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 2
Clinton Guilty Of Pay to Play 10 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 2

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance