Titus sets sights on council seat

School board trustee Tim Titus recently decided that he will not seek re-election to the Paradise Unified School District. Full Story
Cody

Mount Shasta, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
A good man.
jaime

Chico, CA

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Cody wrote:
A good man.
Not in my book. Here's a Mormon who used his religion to inject the Prop. 8 issue into school board politics, unnecessarily dividing the community and putting the dictates of his church above the good of the board and the community he'd been elected to serve. And now he wants to bring his "business friendly" attitudes to the town council. Translated, I'm fairly sure that means he'll be a booster for Wal-Mart over the interests of so many businesses that are already here. You can vote for him, Cody, but I sure won't. We've had too many like him already.
business owner

Chico, CA

#3 Jul 27, 2010
Every person that ever ran for town council claims to be "business friendly", but Paradise remains one of the toughest places to run a business due to an inordinate amount of interference from the town.
I Care

Chico, CA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
jaime wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in my book. Here's a Mormon who used his religion to inject the Prop. 8 issue into school board politics, unnecessarily dividing the community and putting the dictates of his church above the good of the board and the community he'd been elected to serve. And now he wants to bring his "business friendly" attitudes to the town council. Translated, I'm fairly sure that means he'll be a booster for Wal-Mart over the interests of so many businesses that are already here. You can vote for him, Cody, but I sure won't. We've had too many like him already.
I think a person who use religion to advance himself is not a good idea. I prefer he sticks to his "business friendly" ways whatever that is? I better be sure to wait and find out what he means by "business friendly" attitudes" are. He also said he wants to preserve funding for the police and fire service. Preserve what kind of funding? I'm not to smart on business and such.#1 Titus said is to bringing jobs to Paradise and itís a huge priority and #2 is to bring more resources to the police and fire service. What kind of resources is he taking about?? And Jaime when he said #1 I hope he did mean Wal*Marts which should bring in 300 or so jobs. We should could use the taxes we get from Wal*Marts. And other business here can use the money Wal*Marts employees will spend here. Some people are hurting in this town for the lack of money. I care and I am 80.
Melanie Sonntag

United States

#5 Jul 27, 2010
If he wins, will his first order of business be to pass a resolution dictating who the people of Paradise can and cannot marry?

No thanks. After his failed vision took PUSD to hell in the proverbial handbasket, why give him the opportunity to do the same to the town of Paradise?
jaime

Chico, CA

#6 Jul 27, 2010
I Care wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a person who use religion to advance himself is not a good idea. I prefer he sticks to his "business friendly" ways whatever that is? I better be sure to wait and find out what he means by "business friendly" attitudes" are. He also said he wants to preserve funding for the police and fire service. Preserve what kind of funding? I'm not to smart on business and such.#1 Titus said is to bringing jobs to Paradise and itís a huge priority and #2 is to bring more resources to the police and fire service. What kind of resources is he taking about?? And Jaime when he said #1 I hope he did mean Wal*Marts which should bring in 300 or so jobs. We should could use the taxes we get from Wal*Marts. And other business here can use the money Wal*Marts employees will spend here. Some people are hurting in this town for the lack of money. I care and I am 80.
I know there are lots of people hurting, and I'd like to see new jobs and new vitality here on this ridge, but don't you think those WalMart jobs will come at the expense of lots of other jobs up here? WalMart's MO is to come in to towns like this, undercut outfits like Safeway & Holiday until they can't compete, then raise prices once they're gone, taking those better paying jobs with them, and the money such jobs generate. WalMart is a really oppressive employer, anti-union and anti-benefits, paying as little as possible, buying lots of imported goods at the costs of American jobs, and turning one town after another into a kind of company store where most people are not given much in the way of options about where to shop, or where to work.
If I thought there would be 300 NEW jobs here on the ridge, I might even support the idea of a new store here, but there won't be 300 new jobs any way you slice it; those jobs will just shift away from other places to WalMart, and that really won't be good for anyone in the long run. The kind of decent employee benefits paid by places like Safeway get shifted to the taxpayer for WalMart employees, and the idea of all those hardworking people who've served me so well and with such friendliness for so long having their jobs imperiled and undercut by a huge corporate bloodsucker like WalMart isn't going to make this town a better place. I'd hope a guy like Titus would be against WalMart, but I'd bet my bottom dollar he won't be, and he'll give that corporation his vote all the while talking about the good of the community.
Concerned for the kids

Chico, CA

#7 Jul 27, 2010
Tim you will be missed on the board! I applaud you for doing the right thing for your son. It is hard times and our children are our future and we have to go where the opportunities are.
Sasha

AOL

#8 Jul 27, 2010
Yes Jaime, I also attended that school board meeting. Tim Titus and his outlandish proposal that our school board support a Yes Vote on Prop 8.
We don't need a Bigot on our Town Council!
jaime

Chico, CA

#9 Jul 28, 2010
Sasha wrote:
Yes Jaime, I also attended that school board meeting. Tim Titus and his outlandish proposal that our school board support a Yes Vote on Prop 8.
We don't need a Bigot on our Town Council!
I called Mr. Titus a bigot at that meeting, and I believe that his attitudes on the issue of Prop. 8 were, indeed, bigoted. But leaving that aside, you have to wonder about the judgment of a man who would inject his personal bigotry into the operations of a school district, and would unnecessarily divide a community and a school population over a matter that does not bear on the school district's mission. It was bad judgment, driven by orders from headquarters in Utah, and it had no place in that forum where Mr. Titus had been elected to address the many issues and concerns faced by the challenge of educating the children of Paradise. The key word is "educate," not indoctrinate, and Mr. Titus didn't seem to understand the difference. He didn't exercise wise judgment as a school board member, so it's not likely he'll do much better as a member of the town council.
Now That Is What

Chico, CA

#10 Jul 28, 2010
jaime wrote:
<quoted text>
I called Mr. Titus a bigot at that meeting, and I believe that his attitudes on the issue of Prop. 8 were, indeed, bigoted. But leaving that aside, you have to wonder about the judgment of a man who would inject his personal bigotry into the operations of a school district, and would unnecessarily divide a community and a school population over a matter that does not bear on the school district's mission. It was bad judgment, driven by orders from headquarters in Utah, and it had no place in that forum where Mr. Titus had been elected to address the many issues and concerns faced by the challenge of educating the children of Paradise. The key word is "educate," not indoctrinate, and Mr. Titus didn't seem to understand the difference. He didn't exercise wise judgment as a school board member, so it's not likely he'll do much better as a member of the town council.
I call a pot calling the kettle black! Don't you inject your personal hate for conservatism in the classes you teach or taught. Good grief.
jaime

Chico, CA

#11 Jul 28, 2010
Now That Is What wrote:
<quoted text>I call a pot calling the kettle black! Don't you inject your personal hate for conservatism in the classes you teach or taught. Good grief.
It's best not to confuse or conflate bigotry and conservatism. I consider myself to be a conservative when it comes to balancing budgets and conserving the values contained in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Equity before the law is a very conservative value, so if you think excluding some of your fellow Americans from the rights you enjoy, I don't consider you a fellow conservative at all, just a bigot, I'm afraid.
Breaking News

Chico, CA

#12 Jul 28, 2010
jaime wrote:
<quoted text>
It's best not to confuse or conflate bigotry and conservatism. I consider myself to be a conservative when it comes to balancing budgets and conserving the values contained in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Equity before the law is a very conservative value, so if you think excluding some of your fellow Americans from the rights you enjoy, I don't consider you a fellow conservative at all, just a bigot, I'm afraid.
Jaime considers himself a conservative? Transformation really is possible. I never thought I would see this day.
Jaime needs to shut up

Chico, CA

#13 Jul 28, 2010
Jaime, I cannot stand reading anything you write. You are always such a mean, degrading person. You make reading the post worthless... Shut up for once in your life, please! Anger only drags you to hell. Your always so mad and condeming. You seem to just want to fight all the time. It is really disgusting.
lol

United States

#14 Jul 28, 2010
Jaime needs to shut up wrote:
Jaime, I cannot stand reading anything you write. You are always such a mean, degrading person. You make reading the post worthless... Shut up for once in your life, please! Anger only drags you to hell. Your always so mad and condeming. You seem to just want to fight all the time. It is really disgusting.
Actually, you should shut up. Do you always make such worthless complaints?
Reagan come back

Chico, CA

#16 Mar 11, 2012
Now That Is What wrote:
<quoted text>I call a pot calling the kettle black! Don't you inject your personal hate for conservatism in the classes you teach or taught. Good grief.


Hi son is Black and gay, and he cannot accept what he himself has adopted, after he himself killed at least 5 children when he was involved in teen gang violence down south...
Reagan come back

Chico, CA

#17 Mar 11, 2012
Cody wrote:
A good man.
Titus is running a GANG up here in business.. no no more no less, back to his roots. being momon is a cut for his wife

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 43 min HughBe 69,531
Obama:The Jehad Welcome Mat Is At S. Border 1 hr Illiterate tBagge... 6
Gay Marriage in 11th Century Christian Church? 1 hr Illiterate tBagge... 9
Is Islam The Religion From Hell? 1 hr Illiterate tBagge... 3
Christian Radical says "Women who get Abortions... 1 hr Illiterate tBagge... 1
Islam Beheader, Nolan, Beat The Hell Out Of A Cop 1 hr Illiterate tBagge... 6
SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary (Jun '10) 1 hr Hoosier HiIIbilly 94
Paradise Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Paradise Jobs

Paradise People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paradise News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paradise

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]