Amazon forces Ca to Back away from sa...

Amazon forces Ca to Back away from sales tax

Posted in the Paradise Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 24, 2012
Yes Amazon told California they will leave the state if california does not back off on the plan to force Amazon to pay sales tax in California.

Reporting from Sacramento — Amazon.com Inc. is offering to build at least two distribution centers and hire as many as 7,000 workers if lawmakers back away — at least temporarily — from trying to force the Internet giant to collect sales taxes on purchases made by California customers.

The proposal, along with promises to invest as much as $500 million in the new facilities, was made in the form of draft legislation at a meeting Tuesday night between Amazon lobbyists and representatives of companies that belong to the California Retailers Assn.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/01/busin...

Yes Amazon gave California liberals a real spanking..........LOL

The fulfillment moves come after California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a law in September that requires large online retailers to begin collecting sales tax from state residents next year, unless a new federal law preempts it. The law covers retailers doing $500,000 or more a year in online sales to California residents. The law was enacted after Amazon won a postponement of the sales-tax collection requirement until next year; in turn, Amazon promised to build warehouses in the state, creating at least 10,000 new full-time jobs and hiring 25,000 seasonal workers by the end of 2015.

http://www.internetretailer.com/2012/05/04/am...

This just shows you that the moron liberals running the state know that they are killing the economy..........ROTFLMAO
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#2 Nov 25, 2012
>
>
Suuuuuure!

Do you really think Amazon is stupid enough to abandon one of it's most lucrative markets...????

All Amazon is doing is posturing, but an ignorant moron like you who calls himself a businessman is too stupid to realize that....LMAO

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep/15/busin...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3 Nov 25, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
>
>
Suuuuuure!

Do you really think Amazon is stupid enough to abandon one of it's most lucrative markets...????

All Amazon is doing is posturing, but an ignorant moron like you who calls himself a businessman is too stupid to realize that....LMAO

They did until you morons gave them a break in the sales tax..........ROTFLMAO
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#4 Nov 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
They did until you morons gave them a break in the sales tax..........ROTFLMAO
>
>
We gave them a break...??? LOL

What are they doing, collecting half the sales taxes, like on every other order...??? LMAO

“Facts”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 25, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
We gave them a break...??? LOL

What are they doing, collecting half the sales taxes, like on every other order...??? LMAO
They are paying ZERO and collecting ZERO

I even started a thread for you with two links that show that Amazon is not collecting or paying sales tax

And California bowed down to Amazons demand but did not tell morons like you

And morons like you are too stupid to read as your gods don't want you to know that they bowed down to Amazon
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#6 Nov 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
They are paying ZERO and collecting ZERO
I even started a thread for you with two links that show that Amazon is not collecting or paying sales tax
And California bowed down to Amazons demand but did not tell morons like you
And morons like you are too stupid to read as your gods don't want you to know that they bowed down to Amazon
>
>
Yes moron, you posted a link from 2011 and I posted a link from the same source dated Sept 2012 which clearly states Amazon is collecting Ca sales taxes...LMAO

“Facts”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 25, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Yes moron, you posted a link from 2011 and I posted a link from the same source dated Sept 2012 which clearly states Amazon is collecting Ca sales taxes...LMAO
There were two links that I posted

And your link says nothing about them collecting tax..........LOL

Why do you keep on proving you are a liar??
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#8 Nov 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
There were two links that I posted
And your link says nothing about them collecting tax..........LOL
Why do you keep on proving you are a liar??
>
>
You are not only a stupid liar, you also don't understand anything you read... LOL

Even the title of the article is "Free ride is over -- Amazon.com collecting California sales tax" ...LMAO

“Facts”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 25, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
You are not only a stupid liar, you also don't understand anything you read... LOL

Even the title of the article is "Free ride is over -- Amazon.com collecting California sales tax" ...LMAO

It was suppose to say my links.......LOL

And they show that California caved in to what Amazon was asking for......
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#10 Nov 25, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
It was suppose to say my links.......LOL
And they show that California caved in to what Amazon was asking for......
>
>
Caved myass, the bottom line is that Amazon is collecting California sales taxes...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#11 Nov 25, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>>
>
Caved myass, the bottom line is that Amazon is collecting California sales taxes...
I see once again you are trying hard to prove how stupid you are

All Amazon asked for was a year grace period and they got it..........ROTFLMAO

So what would you call it when California said you will pay sales tax in November 2011 and Amazon said they will leave if they don't get a year of grace and California agreed

And you morons wonder why California now has the highest percentage of people living at or below the poverty level
Tea Party Solution

United States

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Let me get this straight-- you right-wingnuts love to talk about free-enterprise and a level playing-field, but want the behemoth Amazon to get away with having to collect California taxes.

Amazon can already offer products for a lot less than many mom and pop stores because of their buying power. And they've had the added advantage of not having to charge a sales tax, while brick and mortar stores do have to charge the sales tax.

And what about the lost taxes that states have not been collecting? Those tax funds should go to our states, and not into Amazon's pockets.

Like always, you guys are so foggy-brained that you cheer on Goliath while kicking at David's face.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Tea Party Solution wrote:
Let me get this straight-- you right-wingnuts love to talk about free-enterprise and a level playing-field, but want the behemoth Amazon to get away with having to collect California taxes.
Amazon can already offer products for a lot less than many mom and pop stores because of their buying power. And they've had the added advantage of not having to charge a sales tax, while brick and mortar stores do have to charge the sales tax.
And what about the lost taxes that states have not been collecting? Those tax funds should go to our states, and not into Amazon's pockets.
Like always, you guys are so foggy-brained that you cheer on Goliath while kicking at David's face.
Most online retailers dont have to.......Only ones making over 500k..........

So yes we want a level playing field..........But moron liberals dont understand what a level playing field is........
For liberals a level playing field is 5% tax for them and 95% tax for anyone making more money than them...

Who else is stupid enough to believe that raising taxes on medical devices will lower the cost of them......
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So yes we want a level playing field..........But moron liberals dont understand what a level playing field is........
For liberals a level playing field is 5% tax for them and 95% tax for anyone making more money than them...
Who else is stupid enough to believe that raising taxes on medical devices will lower the cost of them......
>
>
Right, as far as conservative morons go a level field is were the ones who make the most money pay a lower percentage in taxes than those making the least....

Who else is stupid enough to believe that raising taxes on medical devices will raise their cost above what they are going for now.....?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Right, as far as conservative morons go a level field is were the ones who make the most money pay a lower percentage in taxes than those making the least....
Who else is stupid enough to believe that raising taxes on medical devices will raise their cost above what they are going for now.....?
Spin spin spin and then duck and dodge........

You were proven a moron with your level plating field scenario.......
As it is you moron that want to make the playing field not level......

Really??
Thanks for showing us hoe stupid you are..........

Raising the cost is raising the cost.........And when a business gets a increase in cost they must raise their prices......

For round numbers sake lets say a manufacture gets a 10 percent increase in cost he must raise his selling price more than 10% to keep the same profit margin. The wholesaler now buys the product at 100% higher price and sells it to the distributor for 12% higher price.
The distributor gets the product and sells it to the hospital for 13.2% higher price.
Then you buy the product at 14.5 percent higher price.....

Only a liberal is so stupid that she will say that raising the price of something will not raise the price of it.....
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin spin spin and then duck and dodge........
You were proven a moron with your level plating field scenario.......
As it is you moron that want to make the playing field not level......
Really??
Thanks for showing us hoe stupid you are..........
Raising the cost is raising the cost.........And when a business gets a increase in cost they must raise their prices......
For round numbers sake lets say a manufacture gets a 10 percent increase in cost he must raise his selling price more than 10% to keep the same profit margin. The wholesaler now buys the product at 100% higher price and sells it to the distributor for 12% higher price.
The distributor gets the product and sells it to the hospital for 13.2% higher price.
Then you buy the product at 14.5 percent higher price.....
Only a liberal is so stupid that she will say that raising the price of something will not raise the price of it.....
>
>
Listen dope...

The only one constantly being proven a moron here is you, but what can we expect from someone who could not make it in the United States...?????

With an estimated influx of 40 to 50 million more folks being able to afford medical treatments the demand for medical equipment will sky rocket, setting up some fierce competition amongst the manufacturers, driving the price of the equipment below todays costs even after the increased taxes...LMAO

“Facts”

Location hidden

#17 Nov 27, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Listen dope...
The only one constantly being proven a moron here is you, but what can we expect from someone who could not make it in the United States...?????
With an estimated influx of 40 to 50 million more folks being able to afford medical treatments the demand for medical equipment will sky rocket, setting up some fierce competition amongst the manufacturers, driving the price of the equipment below todays costs even after the increased taxes...LMAO
You have never once proven me wrong..........Why cant you post a link???

Besides the fact that you have never been able to prove me wrong..........LOL

And another 40 to 50 million lose healthcare and or their job..........LOL

But what do you expect from a moron that claims rising prices dont mean the prices go up..........LOL

Grumpy is so stupid that she says that raising the price of something does not raise the price of it…………LOL

Post 14 here………http://www.topix.com/fo rum/city/chico-ca/TMOFCN3265NH RB1PA#lastPost

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Who else is stupid enough to believe that raising taxes on medical devices will lower the cost of them...…

Grumpy said.
>
>

GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#18 Nov 27, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never once proven me wrong..........Why cant you post a link???
>
>
I don't have to post any links, dope.

I just proved you wrong here for the thousandth time, too bad you are too stupid to figure it out....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#19 Nov 27, 2012
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
I don't have to post any links, dope.
I just proved you wrong here for the thousandth time, too bad you are too stupid to figure it out....
Nice try but spin spin spin and then duck and dodge proves nothing except you are so stupid you actually think that even a liberal would believe you........
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#20 Nov 28, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try but spin spin spin and then duck and dodge proves nothing except you are so stupid you actually think that even a liberal would believe you........
>
>
Really....?

Liberals prove you wrong here on a daily basis....LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Admin the most corrupt ever. 47 min Godfrey 1
Pretty Girls and Their losers 2 hr footslaveloser 1
NO WAY that it will GO AWAY!!! 2 hr Both Sides Now 3
International Leaders LAUGH/CRINGE at the TrumP... 2 hr Both Sides Now 8
Trump CAN'T STOP LYING 2 hr Both Sides Now 4
MORE PROOF CONSERVATIVES got DUPED 3 hr Trouble In Paradise 7
Better off with Pence? 3 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 13

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance