Driver arrested in non-injury, DUI ac...

Driver arrested in non-injury, DUI accident

There are 14 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Dec 3, 2009, titled Driver arrested in non-injury, DUI accident. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

A Paradise woman was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence after causing a collision with another vehicle in front of the Paradise Post and fleeing from the scene Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

A Paradise Motorcyclist

Redding, CA

#1 Dec 3, 2009
"Arresting officers said they could smell alcohol on Petras, but initial breath screenings showed no alcohol on her breath." That's the old 'stopped for a broken taillight' routine. Used primarily for illegal stop and search without cause, the basis for many a search and seizure lawsuit.
Her reported comment that included 'Satan' and 'hospital' very much indicated a psych/drug problem she herself felt threatened by. Luckily PPD handled it ok. There's a few excellent officers on patrol up here.
Avory Gilmore

Chico, CA

#2 Dec 3, 2009
Is this an example of journalism?

Does grammar or coherency play any part in telling a story? Is the reporter writing an opinion piece or relating factual information? Does the reporter have an editor? Does anyone at the Paradise Post care?
Ivana Tinkle

United States

#3 Dec 4, 2009
Wow, a public humiliation video to go with the story. Nice touch.
my my

Chico, CA

#4 Dec 4, 2009
This is exactly the kind of article that the Enterprise Record was sued for. The woman, who had psychiatric problems, sued for defamation of character and is now financially well off. and the video...hmmm. If I were her, I would get a lawyer.
Crystal O

Thousand Palms, CA

#5 Dec 4, 2009
Amber (the named woman above) is my best friend and I know personally that she was not intoxicated, her tox screens came back negative. I love her with all my heart and she is doing well now and has recovered from the traumatic experience. Amber, sweetheart, I am so thankful that you are okay and that aweful situation is now behind you. I loves you!!
Old School American

Oroville, CA

#6 Dec 4, 2009
Why does this wacko have a license? Or does she? Wait until she kills someone on the road and then we will see who gets blamed. I bet it will be the State of Ca. for issuing this nut case a license. None of these wackos ever get held responsible for there actions it's alweays someone elses fault. Hope she was held for a 72 hour evaluation!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Dec 4, 2009
I don't know this person, but I hope she gets some help for her problems. She appears in the video to be going through a very difficult period in her life.

Since: Jul 09

Sacramento, CA

#8 Dec 5, 2009
She is not ok that is for sure .I hope she gets the help she needs, she lookd to be a decent girl and just may have been pushed to the edge of insanity from some one hurting her .It happens alot and people recover from it. However the Person who placed the video is in real legal trouble very soon.can you say defamation and invasion of privacy .you should have taken the sound out dummy.now that sound bite is going to leave a mark.Ouch

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Dec 5, 2009
IamThePlague wrote:
She is not ok that is for sure .I hope she gets the help she needs, she lookd to be a decent girl and just may have been pushed to the edge of insanity from some one hurting her .It happens alot and people recover from it. However the Person who placed the video is in real legal trouble very soon.can you say defamation and invasion of privacy .you should have taken the sound out dummy.now that sound bite is going to leave a mark.Ouch
Wait..........are you saying that the incident that happened in front of the Paradise Post, a journalistic,(okay, somewhat), organization can not record people in public view during an arrest? I don't think defamation and invasion of privacy apply here. There is no level of expectation of privacy here. That would be hard pressed to get that verdict to happen. LOL..........
An old friend

Chico, CA

#10 Dec 6, 2009
Well what can ya say? Least she (& others) are ok. This time.
Paradise Resident

Chico, CA

#11 Dec 8, 2009
my my wrote:
This is exactly the kind of article that the Enterprise Record was sued for. The woman, who had psychiatric problems, sued for defamation of character and is now financially well off. and the video...hmmm. If I were her, I would get a lawyer.
Why is everyone always wanting to sue.. Get a life.
Medication

United States

#12 Dec 8, 2009
I will bet you anything that her actions had to do with a psychotropic medication interaction and sleep deprivation!

I had a very similar experience when my physician prescribed Zoloft and Paxil at the same time.

Of course Feather River Hospital probably didn't test her blood to determine if she was suffering from a prescribed medication reaction.

When I had my incident, which I won't go into, I was taken to Feather River Hospital in an ambulance because I could no longer see to drive and pulled over to ask for assistance. The Paradise Police Department sent an officer who evaluated me for a 5150 and determined I qualified and called an ambulance.

During the evaluation at Feather River Hospital, I requested my blood be tested to determine if I was suffering from Seratonin Syndrome, suspecting it was a reaction to the antidepressants. Did they comply? Hell no! Feather River Hospital sent me home where I could not sleep and ended up running off in the woods and getting all scratched up by berry bushes!

What I am getting at is medications prescribed for depression can cause the type of behavior described in this article. Yet, they took the woman to jail.
La La Land

United States

#13 Dec 8, 2009
The mixing of prescriptions have created much havoc in people. Good Drs. keep up on what can be used together & those that create problems. Of course, with the drug situation so over abused by drug users Drs. can't keep track of everyone. If you listen to all the commercials giving you the side effects of medications, you are lucky if you have to take very few. The side effects are as hazardous as the symptoms you are taking them for. Individuals listen to all these commercials then ask their doctors to let them try them to see if they will help their situation. Very few pay attention to all these side effects that can occur when combining 5 & 6 drugs. Over medicating is killing many. The people benefitting are the drug manufacturers. R&D will never come up with a lot of curing medications as they would go out of business if everyone got well.
La La Land

United States

#14 Dec 8, 2009
Sorry about the second posting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why to tards think big spoons makes you fat? 7 hr Mourning One 274
When was last Conservative Riot? 8 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 2
We democrats Are Screwed 9 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 16
Boycott And Protest Anything Rob Reiner 16 hr The Smart Citizens 1
WHY conservatives are LOSERS 16 hr GRANDPA makes the... 8
Blob Buttholand Twitter 18 hr The Truth 3
California approves FREE cel phones for the poo... (Dec '12) 22 hr Mr Watson 34
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paradise Mortgages