California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,501 - 3,520 of 4,885 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
Snarks

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

When ever the Republicans want to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of terrorists.

Who needs to worry about a bunch of communists like China or Russia, the USA has it's own commies there called Republicans.

There leaderwas nmed Willard Mitt Romney,but that backyard junk dog failed in 2012.

But these garbage pail members of the Republican party are not giving up, nor are the real Americans who keep tabs on them are not giving up either, since the real Americans have beat the living snot out the Commie Republicans already.
frogmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

youtube.com/watch... ………FM guys its getting tight?
Snarks

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

When ever the Republicans want to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of terrorists.

Who needs to worry about a bunch of communists like China or Russia, when the USA has it's own commies there called Republicans.

There leaderwas nmed Willard Mitt Romney,but that backyard junk dog failed in 2012.

But these garbage pail members of the Republican party are not giving up, nor are the real Americans who keep tabs on them are not giving up either, since the real Americans have beat the living snot out the Commie Republicans already.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Romney lost, McCain lost in 2008. This economy is Obama's. Benghazi is Obama's. Climate change is Obama's.

We're in for it now...
Lockheart

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

I heard tell the New Republican party will endorse plastic bag bans.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

I heard Nixon started the EPA.
Lardners

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Where is that Lardner carry on?
Larry

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

When is the Larry is driving to Mexico City, Mexico?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
Whenever I'm asked,'Plastic or paper?', I ask for plastic. I keep them in a plastic bag, beneath my sink. When the bag gets full, I do a little experimental test; I take them to the barbecue pit and set them on fire.
I'm trying to detect a climate warming signal, but so far no luck. The most significant result; my neighbors don't like the smell.
As an experiment, try wrapping one of those bags over your head to see how long it takes for your mini environment to overheat.
TiddyBowl

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I see the sewer pipe Republicans have brought back the "oldies but goodies" to clogg the blogg..

C bag run.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Chavo del eight wrote:
As an experiment, try wrapping one of those bags over your head to see how long it takes for your mini environment to overheat.
^^^That's a stupid and deadly experiment. I recommend not.
Dehdrates

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Now we have seen the 100 idiots penning their names to a stupity petition.

Those pesky Republican Hooks have been sneaking around and are trying to forment more chaos since they were shot down in 2012 election cycle.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The Democratic Party has been killing our economy, regulating all commercial and industrial trade to everyone's deficit. Stop the spending; cut regulation that restricts growth and stop higher taxes.
Woody

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

If you can't carry it out how are you going to get it home?
Incredible

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I wonder if EBT cards can buy these bags... You know, for medicinal purposes...
LegUp

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

I feel that John McCain and the GOP has sunk there teeth in, it's outrageous that there is this witch hunt going on the right about these people of color.

Eric Holder, Valerie Jarrett, now Susan Rice. Before it was Van Jones.

This is not about who is hawkish in the same way John McCain is about foreign policy because if you look at Iran and Libya, Susan Rice checks those boxes. This is a personal vendetta.
Incredible

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

LegUp wrote:
I feel that John McCain and the GOP has sunk there teeth in, it's outrageous that there is this witch hunt going on the right about these people of color.
Eric Holder, Valerie Jarrett, now Susan Rice. Before it was Van Jones.
This is not about who is hawkish in the same way John McCain is about foreign policy because if you look at Iran and Libya, Susan Rice checks those boxes. This is a personal vendetta.
OKAY.........
So about the plastic bags.... If you look really, REALLY close, the disclaimer says very clearly not to put them over your head... I think you're suffering severely from lack of oxygen.........
FineDay

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Where des all this happness comefrom?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^That's a stupid and deadly experiment. I recommend not.
So is burning plastic you idiot, inhaling toxic fumes can be deadly...
Brian_G wrote:
Whenever I'm asked,'Plastic or paper?', I ask for plastic. I keep them in a plastic bag, beneath my sink. When the bag gets full, I do a little experimental test; I take them to the barbecue pit and set them on fire.
I'm trying to detect a climate warming signal, but so far no luck. The most significant result; my neighbors don't like the smell.
Cavote

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Tote and lift, sounds like a Republican work camp.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Paradise Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Paradise People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••