American Legion asks for local recogn...

American Legion asks for local recognition of Navy SEAL

There are 3 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jun 23, 2012, titled American Legion asks for local recognition of Navy SEAL. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

The local post of the American Legion thinks another fallen veteran with local connections deserves public recognition and has asked the Chico Area Recreation and Park District to help.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 23, 2012
What is his name? How "locally" connected is he?
The ER blocks me, and I can not afford it, especially when most of it is glorifying cops and fire fighters. Supporting their union media campaigns for increases.
All local vets need recognition, but then again we live in a police state in a militaristic nation. "Not that their is anything wrong with that".
Curtains

Chico, CA

#2 Jun 24, 2012
Matthew Gene Axelson, a Navy SEAL killed in 2005 in Afghanistan, was a Cupertino native who graduated from Chico State University with a bachelor's degree in political science. He met his wife, Cindy, at Chico State, according to an article in the Enterprise-Record. Axelson is buried at a local cemetery.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 24, 2012
All right, God bless this American Soldier, Navy Seal Matthew Gene Axelson, May he rest in peace.
Can anyone elaborate on how the community might honor this man his wife and family, for undoubtedly, without question they also have been suffering a great loss.
People who do this for all of us need recognition, recognition for their healing, without it their suffering will go on, we all as a nation will suffer.
This is something we people need to address independent of our leadership, it is a private matter for us. Our pride, our honor, our dignity are all at stake.
The American Legion is honorable for their effort. What will now be done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof Democrats Are Mentally Ill 5 hr ANONYMOUS 4
HEY STUPID IGNORANT LIBERALS! WAKE UP Your Tra... 5 hr ANONYMOUS 1
Dirty Don's well known Personality Disorder, Ex... 6 hr makeURbet 1
Liberal news sources still crying 18 hr a-citizen 1
Good old Liberal owned news sources Sun a-citizen 1
Obama the liberal left us another present Sat a-citizen 1
The cry baby LIBERALs Jan 21 a-citizen 1

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance