Funk acquitted in bathroom arrest

Longtime Paradise resident Harold Funk was acquitted of resisting arrest and public intoxication charges yesterday when a Butte County jury found him not guilty. Full Story
First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Dixson

Union City, CA

#1 Jan 17, 2009
All,
These so called "civil servants" or "peace officers" need to have their own elbows dislocated and some defecation put in their britches, paraded up and down main street, on live television and then FIRED.
It's this kind of gestapo attitude and action of certain officers that give all officers a bad name and I for one am sick of being included. I have been a peace officer for 12 years and that kind of attitude should be unacceptable.
They should be made an example of and I don't mean by being put on paid administrative leave.
What has happened to; "innocent until PROVEN guilty", "to PROTECT and serve?"

Sue them for every dime they and the city have and ever will have Mr. Funk!

Sincerly,
Officer Dixson J. Cyder
L.A.P.D.
Same Ole Same Ole

Paradise, CA

#2 Jan 17, 2009
History repeats itself...Forland states: "Funk had
his arm ripped up behind his back"...Funk said he
tried to explain to Pickering he had to use the
restroom but "it didn't seem to faze him"... Funk
said he had no control of his arm because the officer kept pushing it higher behind his back...
Funk said he was trying to comply...Funk was confused about what was going on because the
officer issued no clear commands...Aside from the
head banging in the first complaint brought forward against those two "peace" officers, Funk's incident
sounds almost identical...And Pickering supposedly claimed a hand injury as well...What ever came of that? Let him try to sue Funk for restitution now..
If the Chief and his administration would have
acted responsibly on the initial complaints Mr Funk
may have been spared. Are at least 3 "known"
victims enough to rid the town of such threat??????
Paradise Citizen

Paradise, CA

#3 Jan 17, 2009
Same ole song and dance. You are correct. I am going guess that Carrigan will continue to stand behind these officers and that Chuck Rough will too. These men, Carrigan and Rough, along with the mindless town council members all listen to the Town Attorney Dwight Moore. It would have been nice is Moore were less worried about the pocketbook and more worried about the citizens because I believe this could have been resolved in a much more civil and less expensive manner than it is going to be now. Learn to swallow your pride men and stand up for what you are sworn to do, PROTECT THE PUBLIC.
To Lotter

Paradise, CA

#4 Jan 17, 2009
Are you and your buddies laughing now?
Long time resident

Paradise, CA

#5 Jan 17, 2009
Maybe you can take that $42,000 dollars the town just recently stole from the local retired plumber (in the form of a lien) and pay part of Funk's lawsuit against the town. It will be money well spent. I would rather see it go to Funk then the crooks at Town Hall.
Sounds Fair Enough

Paradise, CA

#6 Jan 17, 2009
Long time resident wrote:
Maybe you can take that $42,000 dollars the town just recently stole from the local retired plumber (in the form of a lien) and pay part of Funk's lawsuit against the town. It will be money well spent. I would rather see it go to Funk then the crooks at Town Hall.
Yes, and the $1800.00 "victim"
restitution Cooper sued JB for can go to Mr Funk
as well. It seems only fair it would be part of
"victim" restitution for a "real" victim.........
To Lotter

Paradise, CA

#7 Jan 17, 2009
To Lotter wrote:
Are you and your buddies laughing now?
Send regards to former mayor
Alan White who claims the department is flawless
and all public distrust unwarranted..........
Reagans Man

Chico, CA

#8 Jan 17, 2009
God be praised for Justice. Cooper is looking like a cop who has got to be transfered. Understand?
Some cowards prefer premptive violence because they themselves are in fact quite insecure. Cooper is certainly going to hurt another citizen soon enough.
I have lived with cops and assorted tough guys my whole life, and I can tell you that a good cop can handle a vandal in the toilet without having to injure anyone.
Also: police officers with a "C" in high school should drive taxis and dump trucks for a living.
As an apartment manager on the fringe of a large city back in the 90's I had many an occasion to interview cops. The city cops all got "C's" in high scool and compared to the Sheriffs (who all had 4 year college degrees), the city cops looked and behaved with their ignorance and lack of sophistication on display to a shameful degree. Sad. Sad. Sad.
grizzly

Chico, CA

#9 Jan 17, 2009
I imagine MR funk should be prepared for retaliation. winning this case broke the police dept motto "" EVERYTHING WE DO IS ALLWAYS JUSTIFID"""6086
To The FBI

Paradise, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2009
Did you really investigate this department? I am not so sure you did.
Bob

Chico, CA

#11 Jan 17, 2009
Congratulations Hal on your innocence. Rumor has it you are hiring Larry Baumbach as your attorney for your civil action. Word of advice, get a competent attorney like Forland was. Larry will not represent you to the fullest and he is a slimeball, my opinion. I just think you can do better, and I want to see you do well. Anyway good job and good luck.
Paradise

Chico, CA

#12 Jan 17, 2009
The citizens must keep on this case. Write letters to the paper, make phone calls, e-mail the town. Carrigan & his cohorts will once again allow this to faze away if the citizens don't support this. The department has done so in the past & will continue to do so if we let them. The citizens have a legitimate reason to be upset that the town will have to pay for this lawsuit, as the department did not pay any attention to previous complaints against these two officers now everyone will pay for thir misdeeds. Mr. Funk spent thousands to bring forth this case. He is not a stupid man. He knew from the start, he had a legitimate case. The citizens will continue to stand behind him. The PPD dept & town council has to come forward & get rid of these two troublemakers.Previously, complaints fell on deaf ears. They have cost this city much with previous allegations & will continue down the same road if they are allowed to stay on the department. Are they going to be allowed to bankrupt the city? Get rid of them. Let the professional officers get on with their good work, let them be proud to be working for our town of Paradise. The name Paradise is becoming less & less Paradise. What a shame.
To The FBI

Paradise, CA

#13 Jan 17, 2009
If you need some supportive evidence that there is corruption on all levels talk to the citizens not your fellow government officials. The citizens have a lot of information to offer that fell on deaf ears at Town Hall in the past. I would urge you to do a competent investigation.
Two birds

Chico, CA

#14 Jan 17, 2009
Another question I have never seen asked. Are these two still partners on shifts? Many of the troublesome cases, they have been together, why doesn't the department separate them if they have not already done so? Birds of a feather.
The CCOP

Paradise, CA

#15 Jan 17, 2009
Since the consecutive string of incidents involving
the two PPD officers in 2006-2007 the group has monitored activity reported to it to determine if the department is truly taking steps to deter it's officers from committing violations of human
rights in the line of duty. However, to date based upon reports received there remains cause for concern. Exposure is difficult in many cases due to the hesitancy of complainants to file formal complaints with the department. They fear retaliation. They fear being discredited. They
fear being invalidated and rightfully so. It seems
citizens who have suffered rights violations have
no safe recourse to take to secure protection.
Without "citizen review" uncertainty about the PPD remains. The Town needs to reconsider it's
position on this and look into ways to establish
a board of civilians who will ensure accountability
to the local police department. Otherwise, the
town will continue to face liability risks......
FBI Come back

Chico, CA

#16 Jan 17, 2009
I'm Happy for the Funk's!!What they've gone through is a crime. These cops are out of control maybe this will help to bring Paradise back to being Paradise. Fire Them!! Look out you can't trust the Cops here,So sad to say!!
C PREVOSTO

Paradise, CA

#17 Jan 17, 2009
WOW !!! What are the odd's of cooper being involved in another citizen scandle where was bruschi? Let's
clean paradise up.The people on the ridge for the most part are great.There way too much serving not enough protecting .By serving i mean medium rare. Last I knew cooper and bruschi were tag teaming the public.
You will be getting the grand jury back at the table. You should keep the the ppd watchdog's up there full time.As for Reagans man as a retired peace officer sheriff's dept has a lot more respect and protect than any city cop and I mean real city cop's not full time gone on arrival cop's. They beat citizen's because they rarely catch a perp.When they do, they take there frustration's out on the few they catch. Beat a kid in front of his house, beat john q citizen for relieving him self. Show yor people you can catch, not just show up late!!!!!!!!!! How about some real down south training.What you are doing isn't working. The people up there are tired of beatdown,s both verbally and physical Spend a day on the street's of los angeles you would last about as long as it take's you to scream for backup be cop's not security gaurd's.
C PREVOSTO

Paradise, CA

#18 Jan 17, 2009
Good idea CCOP is blind alway's has been alway's will be!
question Prevosto

Chico, CA

#19 Jan 17, 2009
What in the world are you talking about? CCOP is the Paradise group that started this whole involvement in getting the citizens aware of what was going on in the Police dept. You must be confused? We owe a lot of thanks to this group. CCOP stands for Concerned Citizens Of Paradise.
The CCOP

Paradise, CA

#20 Jan 17, 2009
C PREVOSTO wrote:
Good idea CCOP is blind alway's has been alway's will be!
Blind
only in part Sir since the Department is so "transparent". It's that "Blue Wall of Silence"
and "Blue Code of Silence" again, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Liberals Builders Or Destroyers!! 3 min Cappy Wineburger 4
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 20 min zhuzhamm 5,079
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Ultraman 200,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 hr Pizza 16,000
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 6 hr nickled 2,269
tBagger Republicans should Care for Illegal Chi... 7 hr Ultraman 17
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr Eric 69,380
•••
•••
•••

Paradise Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Paradise People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••