PID renews its water regulations

Full story: The Paradise Post
With a split 4-1 vote the Paradise Irrigation District voted to renew its "Wise Water Use Regulations," even though the district's reservoirs are full. Full Story
Ben Casey

United States

#1 May 24, 2009
The cost of water in Paradise is higher by far than the majority of water districts in California. Using the pretext that Paradise has to "filter and treat" its water is ludicrous. Chico has to pump and treat its water. The filtering process in Paradise is passive and costs little. The treatment process, where the chemical composition chloramine (sp?)-chlorine and amonia- is pumped into the water causes the water to stink like insect poison. I can't drink it when the normal high doses are used. The water rates set by this kangaroo court water district need to be invesigated by an independent and outside agency.
miss the ripost

Chico, CA

#2 May 25, 2009
These new meters are not going to save anyone money-- they are going to effectively raise water rates by as much as 20 % due to loss recovery (the water you used but didn't pay for before). The district is going to try to snowball you with talks about leak detection and monthly billing, but the real goal is revenue generation (more money from YOU). They've talked about the darn dam for at least 8 eights and have done nothing on it (except study it over and over at taxpayer expense) I'd liekt o see this reporter do an analytical piece on Paradise versus Chico and Oroville water rates-- also look into their new cost-saving meters-- I bet they aren't as cost saving (for US anyway) as the PID board would have us all believe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Many College Profs Anti-American 11 min I voted did you 10
We passed 18 trillion in debt this week 14 min I voted did you 36
BO is a Communist & U. Teachers Love it. 22 min I voted did you 10
Many Teachers Hate the Country They Live In 35 min Nice job libtards 3
Impeachment is the only answer (Jun '14) 2 hr I voted did you 197
methhead thinks O. North was the POTUS 3 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 22
Feinstein Got Her Pants In A Wad 3 hr Not a donkey 33
Paradise Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web