49er Speakeasy - Thursday, March 1 - ...

49er Speakeasy - Thursday, March 1 - Paradise Post

There are 16 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Feb 22, 2008, titled 49er Speakeasy - Thursday, March 1 - Paradise Post. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Great job deliver phonebooks Thank you for the excellent service on our phone book.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

Sue Brown

Oroville, CA

#1 Feb 25, 2008
Whats with the new lights on Person Rd. While they are "cute" they seem to "miss the boat". We as a "Mountain" community should be focusing on "Lodge" atmosphere. The people from the Bay Area that come here have all that "cute" atmosphere. When tourists come to Paradise, they want to feel like they are at a Mountain Retreat.

The other puzzling thing to me is.... no matter what you say, ask anyone, the center of town is Skyway always has been, and always will be, where all the "Lodge" type stores are.

Come on Paradise, lets "think" and make the most of the beautiful "Lodge" atmosphere God has given us. Paradise should be a Vacation Destination, not another trip to WalMart.

St. Helena is the heart of the Napa Valley... and there is no WalMart there.
Brad Jenks

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2008
Don't know how you did it Sue but you posted from last years 49er...I just read it and found Carl Stewart asking me to tell about the Prague meeting in April 2001...maybe I should...nah
Dode Penrod

AOL

#3 Feb 27, 2008
Well, Brad Jenks, I take back everything I ever said that might be construed as criticism of your eagle eye. When I saw the postings for the March 1 49er on Feb. 27, I was sure I've had too many birthdays and was resigned to being a candidate for a new white wrap-around with no sleeves. Now you've made my day...or what's left of it.
Brad Jenks

United States

#4 Feb 27, 2008
Dode Penrod wrote:
Well, Brad Jenks, I take back everything I ever said that might be construed as criticism of your eagle eye. When I saw the postings for the March 1 49er on Feb. 27, I was sure I've had too many birthdays and was resigned to being a candidate for a new white wrap-around with no sleeves. Now you've made my day...or what's left of it.
"I was sure I've had too many birthdays and was resigned to being a candidate for a new white wrap-around with no sleeves."

Never you Dode...you're one of the sharpest tacks in this box...
Jay Castor

Redmond, WA

#5 Mar 3, 2008
Nice comment by me a.k.a. myself, and I, a year ago almost to the day. This must be the goofiest non-hardcore(?) website on the internet. By the way; screw Wal-Mart!
Brad Jenks

Redding, CA

#6 Mar 3, 2008
Jay moved to MISSOURI...
Jay Castor

United States

#7 Mar 8, 2008
Here I am, back in Pair-O-Dice. I think. If so, I know it's not halloween but, BOO!!
David Ramey

AOL

#8 Jun 18, 2008
Customer Satisfaction My Foot
I had a transmission cooler put on my truck By Ridge Transmission Owner (Jeffery sheppard) That according to CDF failed and caused my 1994 Ford F150 4x4 to burst into flames on the morning of April 20 2008 and be totally destroyed according to Farmers Insurance his carrier, who admitted liability. According to their adjuster rateing my vehicle in their twelve point inspection 11 of twelve above average and one average. With 11% lower mileage than a truck of it's age. The Kelley Blue Book for my truck being 5575.00, but Farmers says they go by Fair Market Value by using comparables vehicles that sold in my area in the last 90 days. one of the trucks that they picked was in Jackson California that sold for 4599.00, with 182,275 miles 36 thousand miles more than mine at 148,000, Comparable my foot. The other sold in the nickel saver for 2800.00 when I called on it they told me that they couldn't sell it in the paper so their son sold it to their other son and it had a bumper missing. I turned down the insurance offer for 4671.00 for my truck . But they still sent me checks for it. I know that I don't have to even deal with the Insurance because Jeff and Ridge Transmission are liable not farmers . I offered Jeffery Sheppard the chance to just make up the difference for what the insurance shorted me or I would send the checks back to farmers and sue him in small claimes court for 7500. to be able to recover my losses. I am totally disabled on SSI needing both hips replaced and walking to the store now for 59 days. He told me to sue him that I couldn't win. Thats a great way to treat your customers, What do the readers think. Thanks Jeffery Sheppard And Ridge Transmission.
Dick Campbell

Redding, CA

#9 Jul 26, 2009
I was at the fish ladder in Oroville yesterday and watched many, many salmon jumping in front of the dam and suddenly realized no water was running thru the ladder. Went over to the hatchery and low and behold, no body there. If the salmon are so threatened why is the fish and game not harvesting these salmon to hatch? There sits this multi million dollar unit, fish in the river and no body home. Whats happening here???
To David

Chico, CA

#10 Jul 26, 2009
I have had a few good results in repair jobs here in Paradise, but more bad ones. I haven't quite decided how some of these guys stay in business. I had Earl's out to do plumbing for me.Never go with a co that charges by the job. Go w/a hrly rate & then stand near to see what they are doing. They completely goofed. My neighbor also had them out. You wouldn't believe what they charged her for putting in a new washer which she provided in her kitchen sink. She had got it out herself had purchased a new one & couldn't get it back in. Because of wk end day she paid way over $200 & then we both heard of another party in Chico that they gouged. There are probably dozens of people being ripped off & nothing being said about it. Beware. My kitchen sink was back to leaking within 2 wks. so to speak truthfully, money down the drain.I guess if enough people refer their bad work they will either clean up their act or go out of business. I am hoping out of business, it's time we all stood up & start griping about the lousy service some of these businesses provide. I also refer my good servicemen to others. This was 3 people who you can bet told others who told others about Earls. This is the only way to put a stop to it.
Mary Vestnys

Long Beach, CA

#11 Feb 25, 2010
To Dr. Fred Hanosh and his ENTIRE staff,
We wanted to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to all of you for the kindness and compassion shown to us after our daughter was seriously injured during the girls varsity basketball game at Enterprise on Feb 16th.
You are all a genuine example of friendliness, family, and community coming together!
Very Sincerely,
Mary Vestnys
jaime

Chico, CA

#12 Mar 4, 2010
Jim Qualls wrote: "Herger voted to send those troops over there to keep them from coming over here and killing you and me."

Finally we get an explanation from the right wing about the unnecessary war in Iraq. Only by sending our soldiers to Iraq were we able to "keep them from coming over here and killing you and me."
I knew we had some disgruntled people in the U.S. military, but I didn't know it had gotten that bad. Thank God and George W. Bush for giving those soldiers other targets so far from our shores.
Besides, if our own soldiers hadn't started killing us all, that big Iraqi navy would surely have launched an invasion of these shores by now. Ah, these Muslims, so obviously unified in their hatred, and prescient, too, since , according to Qualls, they've been at war with the U.S. for more than a thousand years longer than this great nation even existed. Devious devils.
cdb

Colusa, CA

#13 Mar 4, 2010
jaime wrote:
Jim Qualls wrote: "Herger voted to send those troops over there to keep them from coming over here and killing you and me."
Finally we get an explanation from the right wing about the unnecessary war in Iraq. Only by sending our soldiers to Iraq were we able to "keep them from coming over here and killing you and me."
I knew we had some disgruntled people in the U.S. military, but I didn't know it had gotten that bad. Thank God and George W. Bush for giving those soldiers other targets so far from our shores.
Besides, if our own soldiers hadn't started killing us all, that big Iraqi navy would surely have launched an invasion of these shores by now. Ah, these Muslims, so obviously unified in their hatred, and prescient, too, since , according to Qualls, they've been at war with the U.S. for more than a thousand years longer than this great nation even existed. Devious devils.
This is so stupid it could only be explained by the fact you are from the very shallow end of the gene pool. Maybe in the part where thre mud and water come together.
Sheryle Jones

Chico, CA

#14 May 18, 2010
Before the French

The Mexican people created a rich civilization of beautiful structures much like the pyramids, a written lanquage, a long count calender and modern mathmatics. They studied the stars,cultivated corn, squash, tomatoes, tobacco and many other crops. By the late 1400's Mexico City was the largest and richest city in the world, And then the French came to Mexico....I'd like to know Mr. John Poletti what you think the French did for Mexico that was so wonderful.
I CARE

Chico, CA

#15 Jul 29, 2010
Sue Brown wrote:
Whats with the new lights on Person Rd. While they are "cute" they seem to "miss the boat". We as a "Mountain" community should be focusing on "Lodge" atmosphere. The people from the Bay Area that come here have all that "cute" atmosphere. When tourists come to Paradise, they want to feel like they are at a Mountain Retreat.
The other puzzling thing to me is.... no matter what you say, ask anyone, the center of town is Skyway always has been, and always will be, where all the "Lodge" type stores are.
Come on Paradise, lets "think" and make the most of the beautiful "Lodge" atmosphere God has given us. Paradise should be a Vacation Destination, not another trip to WalMart.
St. Helena is the heart of the Napa Valley... and there is no WalMart there.
Dear Sue Brown. I see you live down Sacramento way and have many Wal*Marts there. I think a Super Wal*Marts would be good for this town of 27,000 people and bring more money to Paradise than ever before. More money would be spent right here in Paradise, tax wise and other wise. We got a Wal*Marts in my town of Cottonwood AZ back in 1995. Population was 7,200. It was good for us and it is now a Super Wal*Marts. I moved here in 2005. I am not one of these wealthy retired people. I am an 80 year old retired on a $350 Pension and Social Security. Period.
Joe of Paradise

Chico, CA

#16 Dec 4, 2011
I will never go back to the tall pines bowling alley in Paradise. We were in the middle of are first bowling game and power was shut off, in the middle of the 8th frame, went up to the desk to ask why the power was shut off. I was told we only had a hour to play, when we had only played for forty minutes. I told him i would pay to play the rest of the game, he still wouldn't do it. Are party had two lanes, and there was one other bowler, with twenty one lanes open. Could not believe we could not finish are game. It is my opinion that tall pines bowling alley does not want to stay open very long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP pick FLYNN is in BIG TROUBLE! Prison like... 2 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 4
Trump's First 100 Days; "The BIGGEST EVER Disas... 2 hr a-citizen 2
trump BENFITS trump 6 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 6
IVANKA TRUMP BOOED at Womens Conference; Says h... 7 hr Bob Luvs Deceive ... 9
Who's Contributing to TRUMP'S 2020 Presidential... 11 hr OompaLoompa 2
Trump SCREWS 200K Working Men and SICK Coal Min... 12 hr LiatNchiefDON 2
Trumps Cabinet FULL of KGB Agents and CRIMINALS! 12 hr PetMeAndIwil LOVE U 1

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance