Planning Division gives Wal Mart thum...

Planning Division gives Wal Mart thumbs up

There are 152 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Apr 24, 2010, titled Planning Division gives Wal Mart thumbs up. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Walmart's application to build a superstore and retail complex at the town's south entrance on Skyway was received and approved by the Town of Paradise.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jack

United States

#143 May 2, 2010
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>The same people who voted those so called "money grubbing loosers" into office are the same people who overwhelmingly voted FOR Walmart several years ago. They are doing what the citizens of this town want. Last I checked the democratic way is still in place so if you don't like Walmart, don't shop there, or better yet, MOVE.
For your information I shop and move where I want. I always have a loaded shotgun ready (and no I don't buy my ammo from walmart), but you really don't need to know that. The citizens can desire all the want and what they get is well...what they get.
Dode Penrod

AOL

#144 May 2, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man here we go..
if you can stand the heat then you leave..
Brad didn't do anything so why do you have to act like that. I mean if you really were THAT smart then you would hire a few professionals since there was changes in a lot of tax crap. Doesn't matter who is Pres or not since crap like this happened every time a new one takes over. I find it hard to think you are so super smart to know all the new tax code when IRS employee's haven't got it all down.
So yeah lets be all pissy because someone told you to talk to a CPA. Do you even see how much of a clown that makes you look?
So sweet of you to take over for Brad II in handling my finances. You can't even make a complete sentence. You wrote "if you can stand the heat then you leave.." So I should be able to stand the heat of Brad? Or leave? You're telling me to get out of town? And that makes ME look like a clown? You two are worse than clowns. You fit right in with the kind of fools Jaime has been writing about.

Only in Paradise!
John

Chico, CA

#145 May 3, 2010
Dode Penrod wrote:
<quoted text>
So sweet of you to take over for Brad II in handling my finances. You can't even make a complete sentence. You wrote "if you can stand the heat then you leave.." So I should be able to stand the heat of Brad? Or leave? You're telling me to get out of town? And that makes ME look like a clown? You two are worse than clowns. You fit right in with the kind of fools Jaime has been writing about.
Only in Paradise!
Yeah ok... Wow you got me...

I didn't even know AOL was still alive but its good to see a ISP still is open to handle internet for the brain dead.

You got Mail...
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#146 May 4, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow a hand full.. Don't give me that crap. Anyone that says the old White farts who ran this area even up to the late 80's into the 90's wanted kids and non whites in this town is smoking crack.
I remember growing up and anything that wanted to come up here for kids was told to beat feet before they signed a lease. They did let SOME deals in but there was always some backdoor reason.
I remember a good friend was going to open a bmx style bike shop up here in the 80's and he was going to put in a "track" and when he went to the city to get a permit he got told to leave. HEll the city should have bought him lunch for him thinking about opening one in Paradise but he wasn't even allowed to have a copy of the papers to fill out.
It was one deal that I remember because I had to ask my parents why they wouldn't let him do it. It wasn't the only thing. I remember ten or so easy. If you look today there is still not a lot for kids to do and you wonder why there is a huge drug problem.
So Jay you can say blah blah.. but also didn't you move away for 20 years too? I thought thats what I remember you saying in the last walmart deal. It doesn't matter since the REAL people of Paradise out voted you.
John, you are so full of crap, and misinformation, that I wouldn't even know where to begin. You may have stopped taking 'illicit substances' years ago, but, evidently, you're still hallucinating.
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#147 May 4, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not racist and hell maybe I would have to kill half of myself if I was lol...
I was pointing out the fact that the old Paradise was not friendly to non white people, They were not friendly to kids or wanted them around, They also were flatlanders that retired from San Fran or other big cities and wanted Paradise to be a wrinkle only zone..
Confusion reigns supreme in your pinhead-sized brain. Your alleged satire doesn't even begin to step up to the level of Jack Jamison's. Not even close. If you are a racist, say so. Othewise shut the holy h-e-l-l up. Ignorant freakin' redneck!
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#148 May 4, 2010
Brad II wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, ha. You never fail to make me laugh Dode. I didn't say that you really applied for a job as a greeter at Wal-mart. In the movie I would make about "Wallmart in Par-odious", I would base the greeter on you, or at least the "Dode" that I know from your posts, unless of course you let me hang out with you for awhile so that I can get a better sense of the real Dode. You wouldn't be working at Wallmart because you need to but because of your love of your fellow man or woman Stan. Ha, ha. You see in the Lynchesque world of Par-odious nothing is as it seems. You may seem to be a Wallmart greeter on the exterior but who are you really, that is the world we have to explore.
By the way if you do not have anyone in your will as your beneficiary I would consider it an honour to be said beneficiary.
You really shouldn't brag too much about how much you are worth, the government is looking for all the money they can get a hold of. Also if I were you I would talk to my accountant right quick before the Bush tax cuts expire and the new Obamacare taxes kick in. I understand that there will be some changes for investors, capital gains, as well as those who own rental properties. Just trying to watch out for you cuz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O1ZGvnGTn0UXX
Remember "No Ay Banda"!
If Note Taker is Dode Penrod, you're definitely Rick Silva. Let's everybody confess now. I'm Night Owl. There. I'm glad I relieved myself of THAT secret!
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#149 May 4, 2010
Me Too wrote:
<quoted text>The same people who voted those so called "money grubbing loosers" into office are the same people who overwhelmingly voted FOR Walmart several years ago. They are doing what the citizens of this town want. Last I checked the democratic way is still in place so if you don't like Walmart, don't shop there, or better yet, MOVE.
(Sigh!) How many times do I have to point out to people that we didn't vote on Walmart, we simply voted on annexing the land at the gateway, so the Town could control what kind of development occurred there. But, given the make-up of recent Town Councils, I never bought the argument that the Town should be controling development anywhere around there. Actually, the recent 3 to 2 vote concerning the latest Walmart proposal means that some TC members are thinking twice. That's encouraging. I mean, we could start a re-call of the other three members, if the story would just give us the breakdown of the individual votes. Just a thought. Up the rebels!!
David Lynch

Chico, CA

#150 May 18, 2010
Its a shame that the focus of this topic was erased and it turned into a spit fight. Sheesh.
Jay Castor

San Antonio, TX

#151 May 19, 2010
David, happens all the time on Topix. You must be new. Be careful.
Natalie Vegel

Chico, CA

#152 Jul 5, 2012
I grew up in Paradise. My family and I moved here in 1999 when I was 12 years old. We moved here for that small-town feeling. That's why MOST PEOPLE MOVE HERE. I moved away for college in 2007 and just moved back because this is where I want to live and raise a family. I just learned about this catastrophe today. How is this going to be good for our town? The only people that would use this walmart would be Paradise and Magalia residents, and this will DESTROY the small businesses in our towns. All those businesses on Skyway will suffer. How can people not see this? And what about our Johnny Apple Seed and Gold Nugget days? Those are events that attract tourists who want to experience that small-town feel. Walmart will destroy ALL of this. I've seen it happen before. I feel like our town has been issued a death warrant...
Val

Manteca, CA

#153 Oct 3, 2014
I have drove up/down the skyway for over 18yrs working for Walmart in Chico. As for Kmart they suck, I have worked for them too and if it wasn't for Sears they would of folded YEARS ago. I am for the Walmart up here then a bunch of us employees can transfer up here and work AND spend our money here in The Town of Paradise. You all really need to get your facts straight about all these small business cause I can tell you that all these owners of the small business come to Walmart an purchase merchandise in large amounts to resell in their stores. Proven fact in Chico.
AllForWalmartChi co

Chico, CA

#154 Dec 5, 2014
Natalie Vegel wrote:
I grew up in Paradise. My family and I moved here in 1999 when I was 12 years old. We moved here for that small-town feeling. That's why MOST PEOPLE MOVE HERE. I moved away for college in 2007 and just moved back because this is where I want to live and raise a family. I just learned about this catastrophe today. How is this going to be good for our town? The only people that would use this walmart would be Paradise and Magalia residents, and this will DESTROY the small businesses in our towns. All those businesses on Skyway will suffer. How can people not see this? And what about our Johnny Apple Seed and Gold Nugget days? Those are events that attract tourists who want to experience that small-town feel. Walmart will destroy ALL of this. I've seen it happen before. I feel like our town has been issued a death warrant...
Everything you said has nothing to back it up. You have seen it before? Who the hell are you? You go from city to city and see wal-mart destroy small business??? Very comical what you are saying about Johnny Apple Seed and Gold Nugget days!! How is wal-mart going to take that away from you hicks on the hill!

MESSAGE FOR LOCAL BUSINESS OWNERS

It is a free market meaning in business can grow as large as they want, where ever they want, when ever they want... I don't understand how the local governments can not allow a company to move in or expand in an area! if you don't like it then get the hell out of my country and move to a communist style country.

You people are so singular and simple-minded. i have my MBA in entrepreneurship. I have successfully launched very successful companies in industries that seemed to be impacted by HUGE companies and there was no room for the small guy. Believe when I SAY that any small business or "ma and pa" store can stay open, if not do even better when Wal-mart comes to town. They need to adjust what they do. Times change, money shifts, that means your business needs to follow the trend. Change your business, shift your money, you will succeed. Do some research on small businesses that reaped the benefit of Wal-mart coming to their local town. A smart business owner will act on it and cease the opportunity, not protest like a bunch of idiots, yelling and screaming because the big boys are coming to play. You people make me sick... Understand that when you start a business you should expect this to happen. The perfect "Main Street USA" is a figment of our imagination, pure Hollywood. But you people act like it is real?! Sure we all love supporting our local business and get to know our local business owners, im all for it since i am one, but please don't pity them when they "loose business" because of wal-mart. They need to learn how to run a business and keep up with times.

Step Up or Get off the yard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We know you RepubliKLANS are RACIST White Natio... 5 hr Do not Do it 3
News Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds (Dec '08) 11 hr silly rabbit 1,085
TRUMP Reverses Position on almost EVEY PROMISE ... 14 hr Bob Has No Dignity 3
Are the French as STUPID as US conservatives?< 14 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 4
Democrat Crime Syndicate Deal With Mexico- Wed Bob Is So Stupid 1
Barack Hussein Obama's Beyond Civil Disobedienc... Wed Bob Luvs His Revo... 2
News Magalia fight spurs stabbing arrest (Apr '09) Mar 30 Suzanne 82

Paradise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paradise Mortgages