JAMISON: GOP voters show they can be ...

JAMISON: GOP voters show they can be bought

There are 51 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Jun 12, 2010, titled JAMISON: GOP voters show they can be bought. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

THE CALIFORNIA GOP has just proved it can nominate "the best candidates that money can buy." Of course, the GOP isn't alone in this.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OGee

United States

#2 Jun 12, 2010
JAMISON: GOP voters show they can be bought

Unlike the host of appointed Chicago style bureaucrats now ruining the country? What's that saying,'People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'?

Or, in the words of the late John Murtha, D - PA) "If I'm corrupt, it's because I take care of my district..." in a speech critical of those (Chicago style) appointees - even as the trial is set to begin on yet another Democrat Governor from the Windy City for political pay offs for the Presidents former post. Perhaps there is some merit in Blago's "dumb' defense after all. It's certainly a problem with the dummocrats these days.
BenThere DoneThat

Chico, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2010
Benjamin Disraeli is quoted for saying a lot of things, most of which implies that he would likely be a Conservative Republican if he were alive today and an American citizen. How about that?
The amazing thing to me is that Jack Jamison would have the gonads to even bring up the subject of a political party buying votes. Perhaps Jack has forgotten everything that has happened in this country prior to last Tuesday. Jack – do you have any clue where the expression “vote early and often” originated and within which political party?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Jun 12, 2010
BenThere DoneThat wrote:
Benjamin Disraeli is quoted for saying a lot of things, most of which implies that he would likely be a Conservative Republican if he were alive today and an American citizen. How about that?
The amazing thing to me is that Jack Jamison would have the gonads to even bring up the subject of a political party buying votes. Perhaps Jack has forgotten everything that has happened in this country prior to last Tuesday. Jack – do you have any clue where the expression “vote early and often” originated and within which political party?
Buying votes or paying off their own candidates with job promises not to run...what's the dif?
Pat Robbins

United States

#5 Jun 12, 2010
Funny. After the State Dem voters allowed Unions to buy the State Democratic Party any one would be smarter and more trustworthy than another UnionCrat politician like Brown.
OGee

United States

#6 Jun 12, 2010
Jamison simply has a bad case of stupid.
BenThere DoneThat

United States

#7 Jun 12, 2010
OGee wrote:
Jamison simply has a bad case of stupid.
And as Ron White says: "You can't fix stupid."
Corrupt-O-Crats

United States

#8 Jun 12, 2010
Maybe the GOP is trying to catch up the union sponsored politicians ...
Questions

Chico, CA

#9 Jun 12, 2010
Who said, "money is the mother's milk of politics?"
Larry Slaymaker

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Jun 13, 2010
Jamie: It's really difficult for me to comprehend the amount of dollars being spent just in your State of California, as well as throughout the United States, by people who want to be elected to various positions in government. My campaign years ago to fill a vacant seat on Monument Town Council cost me, as I recollect, at most, a half case of Coors Light and maybe a fifth of LTD blended Canadian whiskey!!! Then I was sorry I spent that much. But it was an experience that I would never relenquish.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11 Jun 13, 2010
Questions wrote:
Who said, "money is the mother's milk of politics?"
"Jesse Marvin Unruh (September 30, 1922 – August 4, 1987), AKA Big Daddy Unruh.
Twiz

Chico, CA

#12 Jun 13, 2010
Great article Jack. Isn't funny how all the repubs on this forum don't deny any of your charges? They just try to deflect attention by blaming the dems for the same behavior. So pathetic!
OES

Washington, UT

#13 Jun 13, 2010
Hey Jamie;

Here's a statement that you can meditate upon and then write a column.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

- Michael Savage
- from "Liberalism is a mental disorder"

Savage, Michael. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Nelson Current. 2005. ISBN 1-59555-006-2.
Ron

Palm Desert, CA

#14 Jun 14, 2010
For the past 100 years plus, we have elected those who are professional politicians. Look at what they have brought us to. Just possibly, a business person might just be the thing we need.4503
Linda Simpson

United States

#15 Jun 14, 2010
When some one asks how Calif Legislature blew past the largest State Revenues in Americans history...over $100,000,000,000 and went on to crush us under another $50,000,000,000 in Deficits we simply have to admit that we choose a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER who had NEVER had A REAL JOB...Karen Bass to lead the Legislature.

Oh yeah.....we are one stupid bunch of self destructive FOOLS when it comes to politics in what remains of our State.
Billy Carter

Chico, CA

#16 Jun 14, 2010
Jack forgot to mention Hussein Obama spent way more than the other presidential contestants in the last election. He bought his presidency. He'll be long gone after the next election.
Billy Carter

Chico, CA

#17 Jun 14, 2010
We don't need a politician, we need an effective monetary manager as governor.
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#18 Jun 14, 2010
The assertion that corporations and big money donners are the same as little people banding together is quite hilarious.

The 71 million meg spent is one rich persome trying to buy government and the few million working people spent so they are heard is quite different.
jaime

Chico, CA

#19 Jun 14, 2010
Ron wrote:
For the past 100 years plus, we have elected those who are professional politicians. Look at what they have brought us to. Just possibly, a business person might just be the thing we need.4503
Yep, we see just how efficient and intelligent those "business persons" at BP and Halliburton are. Just unleash the private sector on California and they'll clean up the mess, kinda like Enron did to us back in the '90s.
Brilliant, Ron.
BenThere DoneThat

United States

#20 Jun 14, 2010
Middle of the road wrote:
The assertion that corporations and big money donners are the same as little people banding together is quite hilarious.
The 71 million meg spent is one rich persome trying to buy government and the few million working people spent so they are heard is quite different.
When a person who is running for an important office uses monies gathered from "special interests" to buy that election, we always wind up with someone who panders those "special interests" and in no way does that help or benefit the people. Now, when an individual spends her own money to run for that same important office, you cry that she's trying to buy that office.

It will be much better for the people of California to elect Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina than to have Jerry "moonbeam" Brown and Nancy "the people don't know anything" Pelosi reelected. Surely we have learned our lessons, haven't we? Stop electing career politicians and we may actually save this country.
Middle of the road

Rancho Cordova, CA

#21 Jun 14, 2010
BenThere DoneThat wrote:
<quoted text>
When a person who is running for an important office uses monies gathered from "special interests" to buy that election, we always wind up with someone who panders those "special interests" and in no way does that help or benefit the people. Now, when an individual spends her own money to run for that same important office, you cry that she's trying to buy that office.
It will be much better for the people of California to elect Meg Whitman and Carly Fiorina than to have Jerry "moonbeam" Brown and Nancy "the people don't know anything" Pelosi reelected. Surely we have learned our lessons, haven't we? Stop electing career politicians and we may actually save this country.
How are how are working class people special interests? Special interests are corporations and the upper crust who run them.

Quite comical that you think that BP, Maxim or Bank of America care about working class peoples and working class people don't care about working class people.

Please explain to us how the oil patch lobbyists (special interests) who ran the White House during the bush/cheney era and who set up the disaster in the gulf are looking out for the working man.

Meg whiman, she doesn't care about anything other that her own bank account and the accounts of her upper crust.

You're such a lemming!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paradise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TAX RELIGIONS and all of their Businesses and P... 6 hr Taxes 4 Schools 3
HANNITY The WELFARE QUEEN 6 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr Black Ice 72,074
The RepubliCONS Worst Nightmare; Donald J Trump! 8 hr Rapture Loser 2
Kim Jong Un Having His Come to Trump time 8 hr Black Ice 11
Trump; Dude; Putin's HOTTEST RUSSIAN HOOKERS? T... 15 hr EH Godfrey 12
News Boys and Girls Club comes to juvenile hall (Nov '07) Mar 26 Kayla Foster 6

Paradise Jobs

Personal Finance

Paradise Mortgages