Mall shooter hid rifle in sweats

Full story: CANOE

The massacre of 14 women at Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique happened 18 years ago today.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2008

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Dec 6, 2007
It seems the people providing a home for the deranged Hawkins were more or less, "lost in space."
The night before the mall rampage Hawkins showed the woman who took him in a semi-automatic rifle and she thought the gun looked too old to work. Most anyone who has read a few articles about the mall shootings can see a road of stupidity being paved for the nutcase to complete his quest to be famous.
The woman and her husband were aware of Hawkins loony attributes and when a rifle was presented to her the only light bulb that went off in the dimbulb's head was the rifle looked too old to shoot. Is this woman a gunsmith or a naive individual? Obviously she was too naive to think about the what ifs and too inept to seek advice about the rifle or consider confiscating it from the unworthy hands of a walking bag of mental problems.
It appears Hawkins stole the rifle from his stepfather. Hawkins had no respect for life or the law and everyone living around him are lucky they are alive. Perhaps the next time a Hawkins wannabe pops his head up there will be someone armed and capable of sending a clear message to these nutcases, Americans return fire.

“Stop the presses”

Since: Oct 07

omahaha, ne.

#2 Dec 16, 2007
Those parents didnt care about him, Hello?
chrisNewguy

Lincoln, NE

#3 Dec 27, 2007
Yes we all know by now, nobody was paying attention to him so he soaked up all he could, how ever he could. The real question (we need to study) is what makes a person make that decision?

Im sorry for the honesty in this paragraph (no im not)... but nobody could present anyone a gun and not have fear drop in there heart, the kid was determined for attention but then when he begged for an end to his fantasy by presenting the gun, she did nothing. She should be held responsible along with everyone else who made the mistakes, all the way from the lady who "took him in" to the mom and the step-dad for not having a trigger lock on the firearm. BECAUSE if PROPER GUN SAFETY!!!! would have been implemented in this situation we would still have 8 innocent people sharing the holidays with loved ones.

To me the words "I thought it was too old" just says to me "please don't hold me responsible for my negative behavior". Simple laziness ended 8 lives.

my 2 cents....

“Stop the presses”

omahaha, ne.

#4 Dec 28, 2007
You're right about the gun being secured. Frankly I dont know why a person would have one of those in their home.

The prob stems from the up bringing from his parents, and their parents, and their parents, and their par...
chrisNewguy

Lincoln, NE

#5 Jan 2, 2008
*sarcasm* of course, didn't you know, EVERYONE hunts with an AK-47! my favorite pick is the AK-47u with an ACOG scope! I prefer very little meat on my pheasant.*sarcasm*

In new light of the subject, he was on valium, yet ANOTHER person we need to hold accountable!!!!!!!! Why is nobody taking action over 8 lives? Why does the press not report an arrest of the man, or person responsible for the valium he was taking. What about the marijuana provider?(probably the same person)

@ theMickeys my parent were far from angels, I feel no need to go kill 8 people.

“Stop the presses”

omahaha, ne.

#7 Jan 6, 2008
I just heard the drugs were prescription and in a low dose-no pot.

Some people can handle life better than others.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Papillion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Great Plains Mental Health Association Thu abc 1
Wanting to level my driveway approach by grindi... Aug 26 Dan 3
Where is the best pizza in town? Aug 26 Lardo 2
Post Your Comments (Sep '07) Aug 23 aprelskoog 39
tina Mahoney Aug 23 wildace40 2
Roads projects through 2040 carry hefty price tag Aug 22 Text Please 1
Suicide/Shooting of Omaha Man Aug 22 Go big red 1
•••
•••
•••