Is this dog a Papillion, Pomeranian o...

Is this dog a Papillion, Pomeranian or Paperanian...

Posted in the Papillion Forum

Jason Thomas

Austin, TX

#1 May 9, 2007
We are trying to get opinions on if our 8 pound bundle of joy is one of the above breeds or cross.

Please feel free to look at the pictures and vote to help settle one of the great debates of any marriage LOL.

You can see pics of Tess at www.identifythisdog.com .(This is not a commercial, post, but a true request for help identifying a dog).
Ajay4Fun

Hawthorne, CA

#2 Sep 13, 2007
this looks to be papillon to me
josh and martene

Spanaway, WA

#3 Dec 8, 2007
Hello,
I would say your dog is definately a Pomeranian/Pappillon mix. I have a dog like yours looks identical except it has black and tan markings. Our dog has the most personality and spirit of any dog Ive ever met. I can email you a pic or 2 if interested. He turned one today and is about 11-12 pounds. [email protected]
Kat

Lincoln, NE

#4 Dec 11, 2007
We have a black dog just like this! Also purchased as a pom, but after comparing realize he doesn't completely resemble one. His coat is very silky, not like the double coat of poms.
josh and martene wrote:
Hello,
I would say your dog is definately a Pomeranian/Pappillon mix. I have a dog like yours looks identical except it has black and tan markings. Our dog has the most personality and spirit of any dog Ive ever met. I can email you a pic or 2 if interested. He turned one today and is about 11-12 pounds. [email protected]
Mandi

Hialeah, FL

#5 Feb 14, 2008
I adopted a dog that people thought looked like a "super-sized" Pomeranian, except he didn't have the double coat. After some research we've determined he's a Pomeranian. Definitely a barker and a chewer. Has a great personality though, crazy hyper at times...
melissa

Englewood, CO

#6 Apr 8, 2009
i have a paperanian female 7 months i purchased her from a breeder dad is papillion mom pomeranian
she is the best dog i have ever had amazing personality and smart. she has all the markings of a papillion ears of a pom about 8lbs...
Jenn

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 20, 2009
My "pom" was a rescue. Came from a shelter in Cincinnati. He is for sure part pom....and has a super fluffy (double) coat. He is red with the black tip on the tail. Every always ask me if he is a mini chow. LOL. Thinking maybe he is part..crazy needy hyper control freak of a dog. I love it! He is great. So much fun!
Kathy

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Aug 25, 2009
We bought a registered Pomeranian that I am now sure is a Papillon and Pomeranian mix. She is the most delightful dog I have ever had - including Poms, mutts, shelties, etc. She is currently being agility trained by my 10 year old daughter. The pup is great at it!! My daughter wants to eventually breed her. Does anyone know of an unneutered male whose owner would be interested?
michelle

Brentwood, TN

#9 Jan 27, 2010
Kathy wrote:
We bought a registered Pomeranian that I am now sure is a Papillon and Pomeranian mix. She is the most delightful dog I have ever had - including Poms, mutts, shelties, etc. She is currently being agility trained by my 10 year old daughter. The pup is great at it!! My daughter wants to eventually breed her. Does anyone know of an unneutered male whose owner would be interested?
We have what we think is pap/pom mix butterfly ears silky hair black/tan male was given to my boyfreind few years back . He is awesome. Would love to see pics of your little girl dog.Email [email protected] we live close to Nashville, Tn
Angie

Surrey, Canada

#10 May 13, 2010
Please let me know if you do breed her. I am looking for a pom/papillion mix. Thanks.
Papi Pom Pom Chi

Pasadena, CA

#12 Dec 1, 2011
I have a PomChi I got at a pet store and a PapiPom I got from a backyard breeder. They are both happy, healthy little girls. I'm not breeding them, so I didn't care about AKC certification, but there were certain attributes of these breeds that I was looking for.

Designer dogs are fine. Getting a dog at the pound is fine. Breeding purebreds is fine. Different strokes for different folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Papillion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida Gator talk 5 hr Kate 2
News Bellevue Priest Accused Of Sex Abuse (Dec '11) Jun 27 Millie 7
Review: KoKo's African Diversity Braiding Salon (May '11) Jun 25 Brandy 59
News Man Arrested For Sexual Abuse Of Teens (Nov '10) Jun 25 SS Pedo 30
little punk bitch scott king Jun 24 mike b 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) May '16 The Walrus was Paul 52
News Omaha councilman weary of trash collection changes Mar '16 Neelhi 3

Papillion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Papillion Mortgages