ACLU sues Nebraska county over man's ...

ACLU sues Nebraska county over man's jailing

There are 25 comments on the KRMG-AM Tulsa story from Mar 3, 2013, titled ACLU sues Nebraska county over man's jailing. In it, KRMG-AM Tulsa reports that:

A Nebraska civil rights group is suing Sarpy County in eastern Nebraska on behalf of a man who says he was unjustly jailed for four days because sheriff's deputies wrongly suspected he was an illegal immigrant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRMG-AM Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Mar 6, 2013
Truth Speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Google Julio Acevedo and read how this hardworking and law-abiding Mexican, who just happened to have been in this country without benefit of some inconsequential paperwork and who had already served time in prison for manslaughter, ran into and killed a newlywed couple and their unborn son while driving drunk (his second DUI in less than two weeks), then ran like the coward he is and now claims someone was shooting at him. How many of these scumbags are among the millions of illegal aliens you so strongly defend? BTW. Go 'Noles.
OMG one Mexican did something bad.

Do you know the name of this particular logical fallacy, or shall I provide a link for you?

The plural of anecdote is not data. How many white American citizens had DUIs with fatalities that same year?

This is not an argument.
Truth Speaker

Staten Island, NY

#22 Mar 6, 2013
Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG one Mexican did something bad.
Do you know the name of this particular logical fallacy, or shall I provide a link for you?
The plural of anecdote is not data. How many white American citizens had DUIs with fatalities that same year?
This is not an argument.
So your excuse is since some Americans drive drunk and kill people, it is okay for illegal aliens to do so as well? This piece of mierde didn't even belong in the country. If he weren't here, he won't be driving drunk. How many Americans need to be killed by illegal aliens before I am allowed to complain about their crimes without being called a racist? These three dead people would all be alive today if it weren't for one person, a stinking wet back with a criminal background running around the country free as a bird even though he had spent time in prison for manslaughter. You want data? Google Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial to see how many families they have destroyed, how many lives they have ended needlessly because our government won't round up and deport this subhuman garbage. One crime, one death of an innocent American, is one too many. Okay, but there are millions of "innocent" illegal aliens who don't drive drunk who are better off in the US so a few deaths here and there is a small price to pay. How about if one of the inconsequential deaths was a member of your family? Liberals are sooooo generous with other people's money, property and lives, but liberals feel soooo good about themselves, you coprophagous maggot.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#23 Mar 14, 2013
Truth Speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am absolutely positive that Mendoza's and his family's version of what happened is the absolute, unequivocal truth. I base this assumption on the fact that it is a well-known fact that Mexicans are incapable of lying, committing fraud, cheating on their income taxes, taking welfare to which they are not entitled, using false or stolen identities, driving drunk or falsely claiming racism if an American brings their vile, vulgar and violent lifestyle to their attention. Yes, Mexicans are perfect angels. In fact, they never march in our streets calling Americans racists, desecrate our flag and denounce whites as crackers and hillbillies. It is the police, nay, it all white Americans, who are Nazis for mistreating this walking POS and the horde of vermin that has infested the US. You are such a fool it actually defies description.
so ignore the story. the fact still remains that an American citizen was held illegally without a legal reason except for the perception of the possibility that he was illegal based on his ethnicity.

the law is that if immigration does not put a hold on you (criminal warrant) or come pick you up in 48 hours then you must be released on bail regardless of any perception real or false concerning your legal status if your charges permit it. driving without a dl is not a non bailable offence.

this case will not go to trial it will be settled.
North American Proud

Miami, FL

#24 Mar 14, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>so ignore the story. the fact still remains that an American citizen was held illegally without a legal reason except for the perception of the possibility that he was illegal based on his ethnicity.
the law is that if immigration does not put a hold on you (criminal warrant) or come pick you up in 48 hours then you must be released on bail regardless of any perception real or false concerning your legal status if your charges permit it. driving without a dl is not a non bailable offence.
this case will not go to trial it will be settled.
the 48 jour rule doesn't appy to jails with a 287g or secure communities certification. I know people that have been locked away for up to 1 month in those hell-holes until ICE came to take them away at 4am. Thank God they had US citizens pushing and threatening lawsuits to move them through the kidnapping/ human trafficking process.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#25 Mar 14, 2013
North American Proud wrote:
<quoted text> the 48 jour rule doesn't appy to jails with a 287g or secure communities certification. I know people that have been locked away for up to 1 month in those hell-holes until ICE came to take them away at 4am. Thank God they had US citizens pushing and threatening lawsuits to move them through the kidnapping/ human trafficking process.
whether or not your understanding of these facilities is correct is a moot point. nebraska does not have any such facilities that i can find.

"Secure Communities imposes no new or additional requirements on state and local law enforcement. The federal government, not the state or local law enforcement agency, determines what immigration enforcement action, if any, is appropriate.
Only federal DHS officers make immigration enforcement decisions, and they do so only after an individual is arrested for a criminal violation of local, state, or federal law, separate and apart from any violations of immigration law."
http://www.ice.gov/secure_communities/

this man was not arrested on any applicable criminal violation. so it does not apply either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Papillion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Omaha Fire Chief Tries Hand at Politics Jul 16 No Double Dipping 1
News Another mountain lion sighting in Omaha Jul 15 20 Feet Away 1
News Police: 9 taken to hospital after driver makes ... Jul 13 Trump Yes Bush No 1
Losing my virginity. Jul 12 HornyTeenBoy1 1
Who is ConAgra Private label selling too? Jul 9 Getty 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing Jul 8 KMargheim 4
News Illegal Immigrant Leaves Blood on the Streets o... Jul 7 see the lighty 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Papillion Mortgages