ACLU sues Nebraska county over man's jailing

Mar 3, 2013 Full story: KRMG-AM Tulsa 25

A Nebraska civil rights group is suing Sarpy County in eastern Nebraska on behalf of a man who says he was unjustly jailed for four days because sheriff's deputies wrongly suspected he was an illegal immigrant.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 3, 2013
is there proof he was even in jail and not just on a 4 day drunk hiding from his wife.
North American Proud

Hialeah, FL

#2 Mar 3, 2013
I'm sure it was just racial profiling and they demanded to see his birth certificate, which of course everyone carries. Sue them, then call ICE and report some of those police as illegal and see if they carry their birth certificates around!
Truth Speaker

Danielson, CT

#3 Mar 4, 2013
If hispanics continue to support illegal aliens over their fellow citizens and the scum from Mexico continue to infest the us, American hispanics are going to be mistaken for Mexican scum and arrested. Tough. Just stop supporting wet backs and your fears are over. North American, answer me, you're a lowlife Cuban aren't you?
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Mar 4, 2013
Truth Speaker wrote:
If hispanics continue to support illegal aliens over their fellow citizens and the scum from Mexico continue to infest the us, American hispanics are going to be mistaken for Mexican scum and arrested. Tough. Just stop supporting wet backs and your fears are over. North American, answer me, you're a lowlife Cuban aren't you?
As if that were the reason innocent Hispanics get picked up.

Idiot.

And before you ask, I'm probably whiter than you, racist.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#5 Mar 4, 2013
Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
As if that were the reason innocent Hispanics get picked up.
Idiot.
And before you ask, I'm probably whiter than you, racist.
There's 11 million illegal aliens (wag) in our country and 6.6 million of them are Mexicans!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#6 Mar 4, 2013
So Mendoza didn't have a valid driver's license or proof of car insurance?

Why??

Looks like he was taking lessons from the illegal aliens!
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#7 Mar 4, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's 11 million illegal aliens (wag) in our country and 6.6 million of them are Mexicans!
And pretty much all of them that can work are employed and being paid by an American, most likely a Republican business owner.

When you start arresting the facilitators, you might see some change,

Until then, hungry Mexicans with mouths to feed will continue to come here and work.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#8 Mar 4, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
Why??
hey cricket, long time, how are you doing?

i, however would have thought that you would do better than tacitly approve of this man's constitutional rights being trampled into the ground.

"There's 11 million illegal aliens (wag) in our country and 6.6 million of them are Mexicans!" that comment helps the conversation how? an American citizen was illegally detained!
Truth Speaker

Danielson, CT

#9 Mar 4, 2013
If US-born Hispanics support, defend, identify with, and campaign for illegal aliens simply because of a shared culture (that is, being vile, vulgar and violent) and language, then they a will continue to be mistaken for them. If they have no ID, like Mendoza, they will be locked up. The VAST MAJORITY of illegal aliens are criminals, other than simply being in the country illegally. If you don't want to be thought of as an illegal alien, then make certain there are no illegal aliens on the country that look like you.

And for those on thus forum who have accused me of being a racist, Mexicans are not a race, Hispanics are not a race, Americans are not a race. Those of you who continue to believe they are just hard working, innocent people are fools. You have been brainwashed. In New Mexico where illegal aliens are allowed to have drivers licenses, 48% have been used to commit some kind of fraud. The Mexicans in this country will never assimilate, will never learn to speak English, will be a burden on the taxpayers for generations, will fill our jails, destroy our education system and overburden health care facilities forever. They know thus, but they don't care because they hate whites. Illegal aliens are the REAL RACISTS. Turner, Frito Juan and now strel, GFY.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 4, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
Why??
it is up to the cop to detain folks that cannot prove who they are. they can chose to do it or not. didn't read where it said the guy spoke english or not,something made them think he was illegal.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 4, 2013
here is the reason i asked if he spoke english.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuit...

seems anyone who can't cannot be a citizens so safe to say anyone without papers and cannot speak english is illegal.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#12 Mar 4, 2013
He should win any lawsuit filed. He deserves at least $1,000,000.
North American Proud

Miami, FL

#13 Mar 4, 2013
Truth Speaker wrote:
I'm a full blooded caucasion American whose ancestors came from Lithuania (through Ellis Island), from England, and Ireland (in a rickety old boat). Immigrants need a chance, especially if they were already on this continent for hundreds of years! I have many legal and illegal North American friends from Canada all the way down to Panama and its great to meet and learn about other cultures and most North Americans have very similar values but maybe a different language. Pero si, aprendí el español para entender mas mis amigos de norteamerica que estan estudiando el ingles.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#14 Mar 5, 2013
Truth Speaker wrote:
If US-born Hispanics support, defend, identify with, and campaign for illegal aliens simply because of a shared culture (that is, being vile, vulgar and violent) and language, then they a will continue to be mistaken for them. If they have no ID, like Mendoza, they will be locked up. The VAST MAJORITY of illegal aliens are criminals, other than simply being in the country illegally. If you don't want to be thought of as an illegal alien, then make certain there are no illegal aliens on the country that look like you.
And for those on thus forum who have accused me of being a racist, Mexicans are not a race, Hispanics are not a race, Americans are not a race. Those of you who continue to believe they are just hard working, innocent people are fools. You have been brainwashed. In New Mexico where illegal aliens are allowed to have drivers licenses, 48% have been used to commit some kind of fraud. The Mexicans in this country will never assimilate, will never learn to speak English, will be a burden on the taxpayers for generations, will fill our jails, destroy our education system and overburden health care facilities forever. They know thus, but they don't care because they hate whites. Illegal aliens are the REAL RACISTS. Turner, Frito Juan and now strel, GFY.
excuse me? this man was stopped on a bogus charge; his son's boxing medal was hanging from his rear view mirror. he was legally arrested [although that is questionable based on the bogus stop] for not having a dl but then was illegally held for 4 days when he should have been bonded out immediately or after 48 hours when immigration did not come to pick him up. as for your claim about having no id, his family presented his id and they still held him.

"he gave deputies his name, address and Social Security number, and that law enforcement officials repeatedly turned away Mendoza's wife and son when they tried to present Mendoza's naturalization certificate, Social Security card and other documents to prove his citizenship." read the article.

those are the facts. this case will never go to court. his constitutional rights were certainly trample on. sadly it seems to be ok with you. it will be settled. nebraska nor any other state can not afford to lose their right to stop someone for hanging a boxing medal from their mirror.

oh, and btw after reading your vile hateful post, you're a racist.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#15 Mar 5, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
it is up to the cop to detain folks that cannot prove who they are. they can chose to do it or not. didn't read where it said the guy spoke english or not,something made them think he was illegal.
funny, he is an American citizen, the article never mentions a lack of english as being a problem, yet you assume it possible made them think he was illegal. what does that make you?
btw, you do realize that there is a whole ethnic population of natural born American citizens who do not necessarily speak english?
barry

Rainsville, AL

#16 Mar 5, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
here is the reason i asked if he spoke english.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuit...
seems anyone who can't cannot be a citizens so safe to say anyone without papers and cannot speak english is illegal.
and that is the reason that since he was a "naturalized" American citizen we can assume that he spoke english.
Truth Speaker

Staten Island, NY

#17 Mar 5, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>funny, he is an American citizen, the article never mentions a lack of english as being a problem, yet you assume it possible made them think he was illegal. what does that make you?
btw, you do realize that there is a whole ethnic population of natural born American citizens who do not necessarily speak english?
I am absolutely positive that Mendoza's and his family's version of what happened is the absolute, unequivocal truth. I base this assumption on the fact that it is a well-known fact that Mexicans are incapable of lying, committing fraud, cheating on their income taxes, taking welfare to which they are not entitled, using false or stolen identities, driving drunk or falsely claiming racism if an American brings their vile, vulgar and violent lifestyle to their attention. Yes, Mexicans are perfect angels. In fact, they never march in our streets calling Americans racists, desecrate our flag and denounce whites as crackers and hillbillies. It is the police, nay, it all white Americans, who are Nazis for mistreating this walking POS and the horde of vermin that has infested the US. You are such a fool it actually defies description.
Heather from LI

Danbury, CT

#18 Mar 5, 2013
Cricket 23 the NIGGER LOVER wrote:
Why??
You hate immigrants?
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#19 Mar 6, 2013
Truth Speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am absolutely positive that Mendoza's and his family's version of what happened is the absolute, unequivocal truth. I base this assumption on the fact that it is a well-known fact that Mexicans are incapable of lying, committing fraud, cheating on their income taxes, taking welfare to which they are not entitled, using false or stolen identities, driving drunk or falsely claiming racism if an American brings their vile, vulgar and violent lifestyle to their attention. Yes, Mexicans are perfect angels. In fact, they never march in our streets calling Americans racists, desecrate our flag and denounce whites as crackers and hillbillies. It is the police, nay, it all white Americans, who are Nazis for mistreating this walking POS and the horde of vermin that has infested the US. You are such a fool it actually defies description.
You have some serious issues. Although you are being sarcastic of course, it is still obvious that you do see the world in very black and white terms, or brown and white as the case may be.
This post reveals a lot more about you than you realize, I think.
Truth Speaker

Staten Island, NY

#20 Mar 6, 2013
Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
You have some serious issues. Although you are being sarcastic of course, it is still obvious that you do see the world in very black and white terms, or brown and white as the case may be.
This post reveals a lot more about you than you realize, I think.
Google Julio Acevedo and read how this hardworking and law-abiding Mexican, who just happened to have been in this country without benefit of some inconsequential paperwork and who had already served time in prison for manslaughter, ran into and killed a newlywed couple and their unborn son while driving drunk (his second DUI in less than two weeks), then ran like the coward he is and now claims someone was shooting at him. How many of these scumbags are among the millions of illegal aliens you so strongly defend? BTW. Go 'Noles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Papillion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Fire Still Affecting Eppley Service Mon Tom 1
Spike in home break-ins reported in Omaha Sep 26 ALERT 1
Community Mourns Murdered Teen Sep 26 LaughingAt Them 2
Immigration could surface in Nebraska gov. race Sep 24 Cricket 23 2
Home Invasion Reported In Omaha Sep 24 DEPORT ALL 1
Review: City Light Church (Jun '13) Sep 24 Waiter223 3
Armed Robbery Jul '14 Sherry 2

Papillion Jobs

Papillion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE