Law Requires Lead Testing For Children's Clothing

Jan 6, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WOWT-TV Omaha

In a tough economy, many consumers turn to secondhand stores, but soon the selection may be limited.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2009
Smart Guy

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2009

I certainly hope people respond to this law as loudly as they did towards the Presidential election.

Obviously this law is another example of Congress being easily duped into reading the cover page and ignoring the rest(ie. Patriot Act).

Thousands of communities all over America thrive on the resell of baby items. I have three kids and couldn't imagine how things would have been if it weren't for places like Once Upon a Child and yardsales. 2008 represented a depressing time for millions scraping up every dime they could to make ends meet.

This flip flop hypocrisy of Congress is getting really annoying. A life-long Democrat I have been. But, I can certainly turn the other way and encourage my community to do the same. I have very little tolerance for the ignorance of the fortunate who know so very little about the effects on the regular, hard working people who help keep these jackasses in a job.

Just like piracy, you won't keep people from reselling items at yeardsales. What are you gonna do, enforce martial law in every town? I doubt it. I'll shoot the sunnava bitches before I let them invade my freedoms. And i'll put lead bullets in my gun just for good measure.

F_off Congress.
jen

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

I saw this today and am equally ticked off! Im a little confused, however. I sell baby clothes online and the fabric that I order is new. So does that mean I cant sell baby clothes because there may be a particle of lead on the clothing?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Papillion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Papillion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••