Law Requires Lead Testing For Childre...

Law Requires Lead Testing For Children's Clothing

There are 2 comments on the WOWT-TV Omaha story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Law Requires Lead Testing For Children's Clothing. In it, WOWT-TV Omaha reports that:

In a tough economy, many consumers turn to secondhand stores, but soon the selection may be limited.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOWT-TV Omaha.

Smart Guy

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2009
I certainly hope people respond to this law as loudly as they did towards the Presidential election.

Obviously this law is another example of Congress being easily duped into reading the cover page and ignoring the rest(ie. Patriot Act).

Thousands of communities all over America thrive on the resell of baby items. I have three kids and couldn't imagine how things would have been if it weren't for places like Once Upon a Child and yardsales. 2008 represented a depressing time for millions scraping up every dime they could to make ends meet.

This flip flop hypocrisy of Congress is getting really annoying. A life-long Democrat I have been. But, I can certainly turn the other way and encourage my community to do the same. I have very little tolerance for the ignorance of the fortunate who know so very little about the effects on the regular, hard working people who help keep these jackasses in a job.

Just like piracy, you won't keep people from reselling items at yeardsales. What are you gonna do, enforce martial law in every town? I doubt it. I'll shoot the sunnava bitches before I let them invade my freedoms. And i'll put lead bullets in my gun just for good measure.

F_off Congress.
jen

Arlington, TX

#2 Jan 9, 2009
I saw this today and am equally ticked off! Im a little confused, however. I sell baby clothes online and the fabric that I order is new. So does that mean I cant sell baby clothes because there may be a particle of lead on the clothing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Papillion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: KoKo's African Diversity Braiding Salon (May '11) 2 hr law enforcement 56
Omaha Emergency Dental Service Aug 27 JPitman 3
News Shareholders Excited To See The Oracle Of Omaha Aug 27 just-us 6
News Arrest Made In Robbery Of Woman In Omaha Church Aug 23 Walkin Boss 2
horny Aug 20 Jnight 2
Review: I Love Kickboxing Aug 20 Margaret Nolan 8
The 4 best attractions of Omaha (Apr '14) Aug 15 SexSusie 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Papillion Mortgages