Global warming blamed for aspen die-o...

Global warming blamed for aspen die-off across the West

There are 17 comments on the www.latimes.com story from Oct 27, 2009, titled Global warming blamed for aspen die-off across the West. In it, www.latimes.com reports that:

Reporting from Paonia, Colo. - From the hillsides of extinct volcanoes in Arizona to the jagged peaks of Idaho, aspen trees are falling by the tens of thousands, the latest example of how climate change is dramatically altering the American West.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.latimes.com.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#1 Oct 27, 2009
Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming

More than 31,000 scientists have signed a petition denying that man is responsible for global warming.

http://snipurl.com/stlcm

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#2 Oct 27, 2009
LOL, this is comical. Man made climate change is a joke and a lie. Ever consider the fact that it maybe the Chinese beetles that are destroy in the TN area?
chad

Palm Bay, FL

#3 Oct 27, 2009
just like everything else in this country
its an insurance job
Lance Winslow

Orinda, CA

#4 Oct 27, 2009
Kahoki wrote:
LOL, this is comical. Man made climate change is a joke and a lie. Ever consider the fact that it maybe the Chinese beetles that are destroy in the TN area?
Tennesee aspens?

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#5 Oct 27, 2009
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Tennesee aspens?
In the mountains in TN, they are having a similar problem. There are no TN Aspens. But the trees are dieing off. After research, it is the Chinese bettle that are destroying the trees. Not man made global warming lie.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 27, 2009
Humans changing the climate did not cause this. Humans couldn't change climate if they wanted to. This shows you how much GREENERS lie.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Jeffery Wright wrote:
Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming
More than 31,000 scientists have signed a petition denying that man is responsible for global warming.
http://snipurl.com/stlcm
How many are independant scientists, and how many are on corporate / universary research grants with something to lose.

They are lab clerks. There are very few real scientists in this world.
donkeyman

Yuma, AZ

#8 Oct 27, 2009
this is more lib B.S.yea the aspens are dieing, but the coconut palms are taking their place.

“Medicine Rocks”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Oct 27, 2009
These sites are about the Western Pine Beetle.

Most of the people living around these dead red trees are concerned about the fire fuel they are.

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/fidls/we_pi...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/rogue/swofidsc/beetle...

http://www.usu.edu/beetle/

http://ext.nrs.wsu.edu/forestryext/forestheal...

http://forestry.nv.gov/...
jon

Eatontown, NJ

#10 Oct 27, 2009
just aspens dying? picky.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#11 Oct 27, 2009
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
In the mountains in TN, they are having a similar problem. There are no TN Aspens. But the trees are dieing off. After research, it is the Chinese bettle that are destroying the trees. Not man made global warming lie.
You see no correlation for the sudden rise of this bug?
Just a coincidence, like so, so, many other indicators?
davy

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Oct 27, 2009
spoken like a typical brain dead republicunt
donkeyman wrote:
this is more lib B.S.yea the aspens are dieing, but the coconut palms are taking their place.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 27, 2009
Obama is Greenhouse Azz.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#14 Nov 3, 2009
Creating 'Green Jobs' excites many in politics.

But a quick review of the impact of green jobs on employment in Europe should make them think again.

Creating ex nihilo -- literally, out of nothing -- used to be a theological concept, God's prerogative. Today it seems, President Barack Obama and certain Western politicians claim to possess the ability to do it. Against all the laws of economics and the marketplace, they believe they can create millions of ‘green' real jobs, out of thin air, or at least air without carbon dioxide, via cap and trade.

The basic assumption is that technology per se generates jobs. Mostly, it does not. Rather, technology enables jobs -- real and sustainable jobs -- based on how useful the technology is to the marketplace. To generate real industrial jobs, however, one needs a basic commodity to trade, and in the energy business this has meant oil, gas or coal. Yet ‘green' politicians and eco-lobbyists expect to create a revolution in green jobs based on ... alternative energy sources.

The trouble is that alternative energy sources remain and will continue to be appallingly inefficient, offering a very poor to mostly negative return on investment.

Cut off the flow of massive public subsidies and the alternative energy industrial revolution would grind to a halt tomorrow -- as the European experience already bears out.

http://snipurl.com/t1kxp

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

#15 Nov 3, 2009
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are independant scientists, and how many are on corporate / universary research grants with something to lose.
They are lab clerks. There are very few real scientists in this world.
Lab clerks?

1 Prof. Dr.Ing. Hans-Günter Appel
2 Prof. Dr. hab. Dorota Appenzeller Professor of Econometrics and Applied Mathematics, Vice Dean University Poznan, Poland
3 Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Bachmann Former Director of the Institute for Vibration Engineering, FH Düsseldorf
4 Prof. Dr. Hans Karl Barth Managing Director World Habitat Society GmbH - Environmental Services
5 Dipl. Biologist Ernst Georg Beck
6 Dr. rer.nat. Horst Borchert Physicist
7 Dipl. Biol. Helgo Bran Former BW parliamentarian Green Party
8 Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Gerhard Buse Bio-chemist
9 Dr.Ing Ivo Busko German Center for Aviation and Aeronautics e.V.
10 Dr.Ing Gottfried Class Nuclear Safety, Thermo-hydraulics
11 Dr.Ing Urban Cleve Nuclear physicist, thermodynamics energy specialist
12 Dr.-Ing Rudolf-Adolf Dietrich Energy expert
13 Dipl.-Ing. Peter Dietze IPCC Expert Reviewer TAR
14 Dr. rer. nat Siegfried Dittrich Physical chemist
15 Dr. Theo Eichten Physicist
16 Ferroni Ferruccio Zurich President NIPCC-SUISSE
17 Dr. sc.agr. Albrecht Glatzle Agricultural biologist, Director científico INTTAS, Paraguay
18 Dr. rer. nat. Klaus-Jürgen Goldmann Geologist
19 Dr. rer. nat. Josef Große-Wördem Physical chemist
20 Dipl. Geologist Heinisch Heinisch
21 Dr. rer.nat. Horst Herman Chemist
22 Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Hinz Former University of Münster Institute for Physical Chemistry
23 Dipl. Geologist Andreas Hoemann Geologist
24 Dipl. Geologist Siegfried Holler
25 Dr. rer.nat. Heinz Hug Chemiker
26 Dr. rer. nat. Bernd Hüttner Theoretical Physicist
27 Prof. Dr. Werner Kirstein Institute for Geography University Leipzig
28 Dipl. Meteorologe Klaus Knüpffer METEO SERVICE weather research GmbH
29 Dr. rer. hort. Werner Köster
30 Dr. rer.nat. Albert Krause Chemist
31 Drs. Hans Labohm IPCC AR4 Expert Reviewer Dipl. Business / science journalist
32 Dr. Rainer Link Physicist
33 Dipl. Physicist Alfred Loew
34 Prof. Dr. Physicist Horst-Joachim Lüdecke University for Engineering and business of Saarland
35 Prof. Dr. Horst Malberg University professor em. Meteorology and Climatology / Former Director of the Institute for Meteorology of the University of Berlin
36 Dr. rer.nat Wolfgang Monninger Geologist
37 Dipl. Meteorologist Dieter Niketta
38 Prof. Dr. Klemens Oekentorp Former director of the Geological-
Paleolontology Museum of the Westphalia Wilhelms-University Münster
39 Dr. Helmut Pöltelt Energy expert
40 Dipl. Meteorologist Klaus-Eckart Puls Meteorologist
41 Prof. Dr. Klaas Rathke Polytechnic OWL Dept. Höxter
42 rof. Dr.-Ing. Sc. D. Helmut Reihlen Director of the DIN German Institute for Standards and Norms i.R.
43 Prof. Dr. Oliver Reiser University of Regensburg
44 Dipl. Physicist Wolfgang Riede Physicists ETH
45 Dipl.- Mineralogist Sabine Sauerberg Geoscientist
46 Prof. Jochen Schnetger Chemist
47 Prof. Dr. Sigurd Schulien University instructor
48 Dr. rer.nat. Franz Stadtbäumer Geologist
49 Dr. rer.nat. Gerhard Stehlik Physical chemist
50 Dipl. Ing.(BA) Norman Stoer System administrator
51 Dr. rer.nat.habil Lothar Suntheim Chemist
52 Dipl.-Ing. Heinz Thieme Technical assessor
53 Dr. phil. Dipl. Wolfgang Thüne Mainz Ministry of Environment Meteorologist
54 Dr. rer. oec. Ing. Dietmar Ufer Energy economist, Institute for Energy Leipzig
55 Prof. Dr. Detlef von Hofe Former managing director of the DVS
56 Dipl Geographist Heiko Wiese Meteorologist
57 Dr.rer.nat. Erich Wiesner Euro Geologist
58 Dr.rer.nat. Ullrich Wöstmann Geologist
59 Prof. em. Dr. Heinz Zöttl Soil Sciences
60 Dr.rer.nat. Zucketto Chemist
61 Dr. rer.nat. Ludwig Laus Geologist

Typical lib, you talk too much and know too little.

http://snipurl.com/t127c

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#16 Nov 4, 2009
Jeffery Wright wrote:
<quoted text>
Lab clerks?
1 Prof. Dr.Ing. Hans-Günter Appel
2 Prof. Dr. hab. Dorota Appenzeller Professor of Econometrics and Applied Mathematics, Vice Dean University Poznan, Poland
3 Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Bachmann Former Director of the Institute for Vibration Engineering, FH Düsseldorf
4 Prof. Dr. Hans Karl Barth Managing Director World Habitat Society GmbH - Environmental Services
5 Dipl. Biologist Ernst Georg Beck
6 Dr. rer.nat. Horst Borchert Physicist
7 Dipl. Biol. Helgo Bran Former BW parliamentarian Green Party
8 Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Gerhard Buse Bio-chemist
9 Dr.Ing Ivo Busko German Center for Aviation and Aeronautics e.V.
10 Dr.Ing Gottfried Class Nuclear Safety, Thermo-hydraulics
11 Dr.Ing Urban Cleve Nuclear physicist, thermodynamics energy specialist
12 Dr.-Ing Rudolf-Adolf Dietrich Energy expert
13 Dipl.-Ing. Peter Dietze IPCC Expert Reviewer TAR
14 Dr. rer. nat Siegfried Dittrich Physical chemist
15 Dr. Theo Eichten Physicist
16 Ferroni Ferruccio Zurich President NIPCC-SUISSE
17 Dr. sc.agr. Albrecht Glatzle Agricultural biologist, Director científico INTTAS, Paraguay
18 Dr. rer. nat. Klaus-Jürgen Goldmann Geologist
19 Dr. rer. nat. Josef Große-Wördem Physical chemist
20 Dipl. Geologist Heinisch Heinisch
21 Dr. rer.nat. Horst Herman Chemist
22 Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Hinz Former University of Münster Institute for Physical Chemistry
23 Dipl. Geologist Andreas Hoemann Geologist
24 Dipl. Geologist Siegfried Holler
25 Dr. rer.nat. Heinz Hug Chemiker
26 Dr. rer. nat. Bernd Hüttner Theoretical Physicist
27 Prof. Dr. Werner Kirstein Institute for Geography University Leipzig
28 Dipl. Meteorologe Klaus Knüpffer METEO SERVICE weather research GmbH
29 Dr. rer. hort. Werner Köster
30 Dr. rer.nat. Albert Krause Chemist
31 Drs. Hans Labohm IPCC AR4 Expert Reviewer Dipl. Business / science journalist
32 Dr. Rainer Link Physicist
33 Dipl. Physicist Alfred Loew
34 Prof. Dr. Physicist Horst-Joachim Lüdecke University for Engineering and business of Saarland
35 Prof. Dr. Horst Malberg University professor em. Meteorology and Climatology / Former Director of the Institute for Meteorology of the University of Berlin
36 Dr. rer.nat Wolfgang Monninger Geologist
37 Dipl. Meteorologist Dieter Niketta
38 Prof. Dr. Klemens Oekentorp Former director of the Geological-
Paleolontology Museum of the Westphalia Wilhelms-University Münster
39 Dr. Helmut Pöltelt Energy expert
40 Dipl. Meteorologist Klaus-Eckart Puls Meteorologist
41 Prof. Dr. Klaas Rathke Polytechnic OWL Dept. Höxter
42 rof. Dr.-Ing. Sc. D. Helmut Reihlen Director of the DIN German Institute for Standards and Norms i.R.
43 Prof. Dr. Oliver Reiser University of Regensburg
44 Dipl. Physicist Wolfgang Riede Physicists ETH
45 Dipl.- Mineralogist Sabine Sauerberg Geoscientist
46 Prof. Jochen Schnetger Chemist
47 Prof. Dr. Sigurd Schulien University instructor
48 Dr. rer.nat. Franz Stadtbäumer Geologist
49 Dr. rer.nat. Gerhard Stehlik Physical chemist
50 Dipl. Ing.(BA) Norman Stoer System administrator
51 Dr. rer.nat.habil Lothar Suntheim Chemist
52 Dipl.-Ing. Heinz Thieme Technical assessor
53 Dr. phil. Dipl. Wolfgang Thüne Mainz Ministry of Environment Meteorologist
54 Dr. rer. oec. Ing. Dietmar Ufer Energy economist, Institute for Energy Leipzig
55 Prof. Dr. Detlef von Hofe Former managing director of the DVS
56 Dipl Geographist Heiko Wiese Meteorologist
57 Dr.rer.nat. Erich Wiesner Euro Geologist
58 Dr.rer.nat. Ullrich Wöstmann Geologist
59 Prof. em. Dr. Heinz Zöttl Soil Sciences
60 Dr.rer.nat. Zucketto Chemist
61 Dr. rer.nat. Ludwig Laus Geologist
Typical lib, you talk too much and know too little.
http://snipurl.com/t127c
Now, who do they work for; and from where does their salary originate?

LAB CLERKS.
Paid mouthpieces.

“Medicine Rocks”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#17 Nov 5, 2009
littlebigsky wrote:
These sites are about the Western Pine Beetle.
Most of the people living around these dead red trees are concerned about the fire fuel they are.
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/fidls/we_pi...
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/rogue/swofidsc/beetle...
http://www.usu.edu/beetle/
http://ext.nrs.wsu.edu/forestryext/forestheal...
http://forestry.nv.gov/...
These are the Ponderosa Pine trees & not one of the sites listed here "blame" it on global warming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowlen Harvey Lowell (Dec '13) Jun 16 Amazed 265
Bob Baumgartner Pottery Jan '16 strongperson1 1
News Small town theaters offer more than movies (Mar '15) Mar '15 Mindy Witt 1
Any chance Dreamtime festival will be held agai... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Burning Man Dude 1
News Top Farmers' Markets on Your Way... or to Stay? (Jun '14) Jun '14 Trang 1
News Lynell M. Thompson (Aug '13) Aug '13 Dr Shrink 66
Place to stay (Aug '13) Aug '13 Tony 1

Paonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paonia Mortgages