'Yesterday's Texas' -- 1956 Panhandle...

'Yesterday's Texas' -- 1956 Panhandle blast killed 19

There are 1 comment on the Houston Chronicle story from Jul 29, 2010, titled 'Yesterday's Texas' -- 1956 Panhandle blast killed 19. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

Hello fellow Texans and friends of Texas. Today is Tuesday, July 20, 2010. On July 29, 1956, the Sunday morning silence of Dumas, Sunray and most of the northern Panhandle was broken with an explosion and fire that killed 19.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

Becky

Crosby, ND

#1 Aug 1, 2010
My randfathr was involved in this blast and was burned over alot of his body but never spoke of anything other then the horoic efforts of emergancy crews and omplete strangers who put people in their vehicles and transported to Dumas Tx to the hospita he said he went to the hospital in the bed of a pick up with 4 others at the plant.I heard many many stories groing up about this.Thank you for reminding people of the suffering they indured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Panhandle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
illegals in town... (Nov '10) Nov 27 Borderguard 14
Accused Nov 14 A citizen 3
Something new Nov 9 Doug 1
Two clown bullies Nov '16 Texas justice system 1
City employees Nov '16 A citizen 2
Shamrock cops Oct '16 Shamrocks finest 5
Larry Luna Oct '16 chinagirl61 13

Panhandle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance