A town where the good ol' boys are girls

A town where the good ol' boys are girls

There are 68 comments on the Buffalo News story from Apr 9, 2008, titled A town where the good ol' boys are girls. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

“And we ran and we're doing it. We're conducting the business of the city and we're doing a good job.”

Patty Baer, the mayor of McLean, Texas, poses with a city vehicle, April 2, 2008. via Buffalo News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Clearly

Amarillo, TX

#61 May 19, 2008
Just Wondering wrote:
What happened to the historic all women council?
Why, you silly person, they have BECOME HISTORY! And, you surely know that history has a way of repeating itself.
JUSTME

Midland, TX

#62 May 19, 2008
Clearly wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you silly person, they have BECOME HISTORY! And, you surely know that history has a way of repeating itself.
You are no doubt an ignorant uneducating hillbilly
abcs noted

United States

#63 May 23, 2008
JUSTME wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no doubt an ignorant uneducating hillbilly
This from someone who can't spell UNEDUCATED!!! You are still a silly person.
BIGR

Mclean, TX

#64 Aug 24, 2008
NO none two men on now!!!!!!!!!!
Bub Hudson

Amarillo, TX

#65 Nov 12, 2008
SuperChick wrote:
Sorry, that was supposed to say "sitting out on their front porch" instead of "there front porch".
I hope that you don't judge everything you see. Try a little praying for the things that you don't like. They are sitting on their porch and not dealing dope on the corner. I'll bet when asked they know how to pray and won't feel "put on the spot"Ask God how you stack up.
Bub Hudson

Amarillo, TX

#66 Nov 12, 2008
I am a Baptist Preacher and an ordained Evangelist: I would rather see someone sitting on the porch than to see dope being sold on every corner of the town. You have judged Clarendon and Dallas. Do you think God approves of all you do?
Don't judge your brother, unless you give him equal time to size you up or down.
Luggnutt

Roswell, NM

#67 May 10, 2009
The link to the article is not found (bad). Can someone please give a synopsis. I grew up in McLean and would like to know what the issues are.
Thanks
Cheryl Smith

Rio Rancho, NM

#68 Sep 3, 2009
I,too,grew up in Mclean and lived there 45 years.
It will always be home to me and my family. We now
live in New Mexico and will never move back to Mclean, but for so many people to bad mouth the
city and its great people who choose to live there and work and call it their home ,I say ,
"pay attention to your lives and your home town and stay out of McLean's business unless you are
willing to go back and fix what ever problem you
seem to think they have".
Personaly, I happen to think Chet is a TOP NOTCH
person. He went to school with my son and he does
not deserve the bitter talk some of you have given
on his life. We love you Chet and Sally and Toni.
McLean Old Timers are the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Panhandle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doug Atkins 2 hr Whatsinaname 11
Who's the guy in the yellow monte carlo? 23 hr IrishPride1667 4
Wes Crites Sun Gotcha 25
Who in the #@!! is "Joe Daniels"? Sun Yea Right 2
Tiffany Wh'ORR'e Feb 6 Borderguard 8
Get A Life Feb 4 Sleepless 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Feb 4 Candle farts 847
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Panhandle Mortgages