Oak Terrace Resort and Spa near Pana ...

Oak Terrace Resort and Spa near Pana offers golfing, beauty...

There are 9 comments on the Herald & Review story from Jul 22, 2007, titled Oak Terrace Resort and Spa near Pana offers golfing, beauty.... In it, Herald & Review reports that:

“I've played golf all over the world in the last 30 years and more recently on two courses in Chicago, and none of the courses was any better than Oak Terrace. In fact, most of them were not as well-kept or as challenging.”

When Don Beyers bought 400 acres of ground with a deep ravine running through it in the late 1950s, his business plan eventually consisted of constructing a lake and some residential lots. via Herald & Review

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald & Review.

Since: Jun 07

skokie, IL

#1 Aug 14, 2007
It was the worst hotel we ever stayed at. The beds were terrible and the pillows were like bags of kleenex. When we complained, nothing was said. Not even an "I'm sorry." We are not the first to have complained, either.
Beyers ought to spend a night, himself.
Even golfers have to sleep.
rainey

Troy, MO

#2 Nov 10, 2007
I agree! I read a review another site about how horrible the hotel was. That the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and that the walls were like paper. I figured it was just one person's opinion, so I booked a round of golf and a one night stay. The golf was fabulous! The hotel was horrible! It was the worst night's sleep I think I have ever gotten! We could hear toilets flush all around us, people walking around above us making things rattle in our room. Horrible!

Since: Jun 07

skokie, IL

#3 Nov 30, 2007
rainey wrote:
I agree! I read a review another site about how horrible the hotel was. That the beds were incredibly uncomfortable and that the walls were like paper. I figured it was just one person's opinion, so I booked a round of golf and a one night stay. The golf was fabulous! The hotel was horrible! It was the worst night's sleep I think I have ever gotten! We could hear toilets flush all around us, people walking around above us making things rattle in our room. Horrible!
They put the hotel up and do nothing to upgrade it..they want you to buy their property. I guess golfers don't care...and will sleep anywhere.
;-) When I complained directly to them they all but ignored me saying "we know."
del

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Dec 14, 2007
I stayed there twice now. Took My Mother And Cousin From Flordia. the were in heaven Highly Recommend. Nothing wrong with rooms at all! You Others must have been spoon Fed!!!!!!!!!!Five Star Rating
luke

Peoria, IL

#5 Jul 16, 2008
I am not sure about the hotel, but I have stayed at the Town Homes, and later the Lake Side Villas. You will not stay in any better accomodations. The spa is beautiful, and the golf is even better. Very, very highly recommended
cindy lou

Skokie, IL

#6 Dec 28, 2008
luke wrote:
I am not sure about the hotel, but I have stayed at the Town Homes, and later the Lake Side Villas. You will not stay in any better accomodations. The spa is beautiful, and the golf is even better. Very, very highly recommended
I guess you have not much to compare it with. If you never have been to heaven you don't mind hell.
cindy lou

Skokie, IL

#7 Dec 28, 2008
I suspect Luke and Del are partial owners. Need to keep some valuation to their investment mistake.
knowthetruth

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#8 Apr 13, 2010
Beds are great, rooms are great, scenery is great, food is fabulous. And most of all people are great. I don't golf but I hear thats great. And yes I have waterfront property . Definately a plus..Wouldn't want to live anywhere else once I retire..
TJO

Springfield, MO

#9 Jun 12, 2011
Oak Terrace is a beautiful resort, and the spa is particularly wonderful. I've never stayed overnight, but from the outside the accomodations looking very nice. The spa is first class. I've been there numerous times and even took a group of administrative assistants from my office recently and they enjoyed every service, not to mention the terrific facility.

I live at a distance from the resort, and I have no ownership interest there. However, I've traveled to some very beautiful locations in the world, and this resort and spa is a gem for central Illinois. If you are within a few hours of Pana, it would be a great getaway for you if you're interested in a spa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Thu SisterMarie 109
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Illinois... (Oct '10) Jul 22 NavalHistory 55
Arlene Rickett (Oct '14) Jul '17 kush 6
Mitchell Manion Jul '17 Nowhere Person 3
News Four die after train hits their car Jul '17 BRENDA Scott 1
God now approves of Same-sex-marriage! (Nov '13) Feb '17 Jedi 2
News Lake Land College announces GED class schedule (Feb '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 2

Pana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pana Mortgages