Three candidates running for Hopewell council seat in Ward 1

Apr 8, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Progress-Index

With Hopewell city council elections less than four weeks away, a total of eleven candidates are gearing up to win the four seats open this year.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of348
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wow

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2010

Judged:

Yeah google Yolanda Stokes also, I don't know who owes the most, Cuffey Or Stokes, their occupation of bill dodger must keep them busy.
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2010

Judged:

Did I read correctly in the Progress-Index that Yolanda Stokes is living in public housing? How can that be?
GI Joe

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

I think Wayne Taylor and David Silvestro would be great additions to city council.

You people who whine about the good ol' boy system... Get over it. You're just a bunch of loser outsiders who never ran with the In-Crowd.

If you're that passionate about the topic, why don't you run for city council?

I think we all know the answer that question. It's because you're a nobody and you would surely lose.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

GI Joe wrote:
I think Wayne Taylor and David Silvestro would be great additions to city council.
You people who whine about the good ol' boy system... Get over it. You're just a bunch of loser outsiders who never ran with the In-Crowd.
I think we all know the answer that question. It's because you're a nobody and you would surely lose.
TROLL
SICK

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

Yolanda Stokes has lived in public housing for 19 years that I know of...

truth

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

patriot wrote:
Osage bought and paid for Bailey,Stokes,Cuffey and Bujikoske just like our mayor and some of them sold out Hopewell for 30 pieces of silver!
Bujakowski hasn't ever been on city council. How was he bought and paid for? What good would it have done to buy and pay for someone who has no say in whether the plant comes here? Get your facts straight before you start flappin them gums. Bujakowski would be a great councilman from what I've heard asking around. The others can all take a leap.
you know

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

Bujakowski is a good old boy plant, they will expect to control him and his vote. The good old boy's want Emerson out because he didn't play ball.
As i see it, put Bujakowsli in and you will still continue to have the same as you have with the other problem councilor's, and we all know who that is.
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

If Yolanda Stokes has all that education and experience why is she living in public housing and not supporting herself?
GI Joe

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

yougottabekiddingme64 wrote:
<quoted text>
TROLL
FRAUD

“You believe WHAT?!....WHY?!”

"Hellwell",VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

yougottabekiddingme64 wrote:
<quoted text>
TROLL
its obvious by this comment that you really dont know these two people. and if you do, well then you are just as slimy and crooked as they are and your opinion means nothing and you need to crawl back under your rock. the only thing you know how to do is post comments to see who you can piss off first. why dont you grow up and try having an adult conversation for once in your life?

"Hellwell",VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

GI Joe wrote:
***this reply was meant for GI Joe's post not yougottabekiddingme***

its obvious by this comment that you really dont know these two people. and if you do, well then you are just as slimy and crooked as they are and your opinion means nothing and you need to crawl back under your rock. the only thing you know how to do is post comments to see who you can piss off first. why dont you grow up and try having an adult conversation for once in your life?
true

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

just vote a non english speaking illeaga alien in there then you wont have to listen to any bs it says, what the heck barry soerotro aka"obama" got it

"Hellwell",VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

true wrote:
just vote a non english speaking illeaga alien in there then you wont have to listen to any bs it says, what the heck barry soerotro aka"obama" got it
good point...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

GI Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
FRAUD
GI Jane, prove me a fraud. I would bet you that I can more prove my points than you can yours. I speak from the position of what I have seen for myself not out of my A$$ as some people do in here.

Go dig yourself another hole to crawl into, because you have filled the one your in with B.S. and it stinks.
Star Gate

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Judged:

Stokes has major health issues from being hit by a truck when she was very young. She is very smart, however, she was cheated out of a very large medical settlement by a lawyer who later became a judge. Many tragic events in her life has shaped her into who she is today. If you knock her for living in public housing, then you are questionable in your character. Just because you live in public housing does not prevent you from being on council. She would not be in public housing today if corrupt judges had not taken away her house by fraud.
true

Farmville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Star Gate wrote:
Stokes has major health issues from being hit by a truck when she was very young. She is very smart, however, she was cheated out of a very large medical settlement by a lawyer who later became a judge. Many tragic events in her life has shaped her into who she is today. If you knock her for living in public housing, then you are questionable in your character. Just because you live in public housing does not prevent you from being on council. She would not be in public housing today if corrupt judges had not taken away her house by fraud.
well the good news is obaaaama new health care will save her, oops i forgot if you read the new plan it does not include prexisting,
Great Scott

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Unbelieveable.....time to clean house.....or in this case Council! And while we are at it get rid of this so called Chief of Police who only knows how to create discord and charge everyone and anyone with violations of things that never happened. What and Idiot our City Manager has given us to lead (excuse me,attempt to lead) our department. It's time to do something positive and effective. We must band together to ensure the public and city management are aware of what's going on in the department. Post your stories here of our Councilors and the Chief in hopes our devoted citizens and city leaders (or presumed leaders) can observe our views!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Great Scott wrote:
Unbelieveable.....time to clean house.....or in this case Council! And while we are at it get rid of this so called Chief of Police who only knows how to create discord and charge everyone and anyone with violations of things that never happened. What and Idiot our City Manager has given us to lead (excuse me,attempt to lead) our department. It's time to do something positive and effective. We must band together to ensure the public and city management are aware of what's going on in the department. Post your stories here of our Councilors and the Chief in hopes our devoted citizens and city leaders (or presumed leaders) can observe our views!
Great Scott, I agree with you. Clean house of all our city leaders. I have not been impressed with this so called new Chief in Hopewell.

The Sheriff needs to go also. He is just one step above the town drunk...On second thought maybe he is the town drunk.

The city needs to fire that "consulting firm" it uses every time they want to hire some one.
dumb or dumber

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Is there any truth to the Chief misusing the city credit card,???
BLUE DEVIL

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2010

Weren't we promised if we got rid of the police chief (Rex Marks) the crime would decrease? What the hell happened? We've been lied to enough from these people trying to control the city. Vote em all out!!!!!! We certainly need a new social services building rather than focusing on our biggest assets (the James and Appomattox) what a joke.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of348
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pamplin Discussions

Search the Pamplin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 6 babyface 2,535
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Robert E. Lee Road changed to Buffalo Soldier R... Feb '14 SOC 2
Doris Brooks Jan '14 Renter 1
Small animal swap!! (Sep '13) Sep '13 one 1
Memorial debate (Apr '13) Apr '13 Masego 1
•••
•••
•••
Pamplin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••