20 years for man convicted in beating

20 years for man convicted in beating

There are 1 comment on the Amarillo.com story from Feb 16, 2011, titled 20 years for man convicted in beating. In it, Amarillo.com reports that:

A Gray County judge on Tuesday sentenced a man accused of striking and kicking another man during an incident in Pampa to 20 years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Amarillo.com.

Mike Stone Sr

Amarillo, TX

#1 Feb 20, 2011
Personally, I am glad to see a message of sorts to certain sectors of society being made with the sentence handed down recently, although I am very cynical that the sentence will have the desired effect on people like the kind of cowards that will gang a man three on one! The other defendants in this case are at least, if not more culpable than the one who attacked the victim from behind, originally disabling him, and rendering him defenseless! Kind of like the fact that capital punishment might not deter capital crimes by other folks, it definitely deters a repeat offender. It takes a certain kind of person to gang another individual person and it's pretty clear that if a person considers an act like that acceptable, and puts another humans life in jeopardy by such an act, the offenders should never be allowed the freedom to repeat such an offense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 17 min Gas XXX 1,130
Dustin Tollison also goes by buddha Jan '17 Geraldine Withers 1
Kellogs brown n root guys Jan '17 Rockstar 1
Ashley Price Jan '17 goldenrule 1
Place to rent Dec '16 Out of towner 1
Hospital (Oct '13) Dec '16 Pampaborn 2
Christine hackney wolfe (Jul '15) Nov '16 Wow 4

Pampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pampa Mortgages