School paddling case reflects state's...

School paddling case reflects state's division over corporal punishment

There are 7 comments on the Austin American-Statesman story from May 22, 2011, titled School paddling case reflects state's division over corporal punishment. In it, Austin American-Statesman reports that:

About 2 p.m. on what he remembers as the end of a long week in late March 2008, Donald Madden called a 12-year-old boy into his office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Austin American-Statesman.

Michelle

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#1 May 29, 2011
Texas what about the special needs kids and the paddle in the room!Never give up on your kids!The truth hurts with emotions, we all live in hell every day for the wrong that a school district does.Her fear is school with names,and who may be at her new school.No kid should fear teachers etc...
Frank

Greenville, TX

#2 May 31, 2011
It's the Republicans in the legislature that need the switching! They've sold out our kids and regular citizens so the people who put money in their pockets can continue to get special favors.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 3, 2011
Frank wrote:
It's the Republicans in the legislature that need the switching! They've sold out our kids and regular citizens so the people who put money in their pockets can continue to get special favors.
You can't resolve issues simply by blaming the party you don't belong to. In my opinion, paddling should be taken out of the schools completely. That is something a parent should decide, not a school. I think it's sad that so many responsibilities of parents have been taken over by the school system in our country - usually because the parents are not fulfilling their obligation to care or the needs of their children.
love it

Brainerd, MN

#4 Jun 5, 2011
Parents should be healed accountable for their childrens actions. Something is going to have to change or school will be come a new prision system instead of a place to learn. Children of a very young age are threating teachers and classmates, disrupting classes to the point no child is learning. should children be spanked or not I don't know but I do know that if something isnt done and done fast these children will have another factor to be afraid of and it want be a teacher but a cellmate.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 5, 2011
love it wrote:
Parents should be healed accountable for their childrens actions. Something is going to have to change or school will be come a new prision system instead of a place to learn. Children of a very young age are threating teachers and classmates, disrupting classes to the point no child is learning. should children be spanked or not I don't know but I do know that if something isnt done and done fast these children will have another factor to be afraid of and it want be a teacher but a cellmate.
I agree. Not just a new prison system but nearly everything else the children need as parents neglect their own responsibilities and give them over to the schools. Sad.
Frank

Greenville, TX

#6 Jun 5, 2011
Private life: I was a longtime Republican - a precinct chair, election judge, delegate to the state convention and guest at the national convention. The GOP has moved so hard to the right that I had to abandon them. They ( and the Tea Party) are becoming the American Taliban.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#7 Jun 5, 2011
Frank wrote:
Private life: I was a longtime Republican - a precinct chair, election judge, delegate to the state convention and guest at the national convention. The GOP has moved so hard to the right that I had to abandon them. They ( and the Tea Party) are becoming the American Taliban.
I don't agree. Nothing violent about them. I fear the extreme left much more than the right. The left would take away our rights as a people and make us into a huge state.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pampa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fenton Ford Jul 28 Curious 1
Ashley Price Jul 27 Laughinatyou 2
Gangs in Pampa, Texas (Jul '09) Apr '17 PampaPeople 31
News Pampa police make drug arrest, find meth lab (Apr '10) Apr '17 Pampa resident 11
Hospital (Oct '13) Mar '17 Pampaborn 3
McLean Texas fire (Mar '06) Mar '17 John polk 4
bart & mark parks Mar '17 arbrogast road 2

Pampa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pampa Mortgages