Kadner: Mayor picks fight with soccer...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Really

Eustis, FL

#43 Aug 28, 2013
Bunch O Morons wrote:
All of you conformists are dumb F'ing lemmings!
Just because someone asks, doesn't mean you have a legal obligation to provide.
Trips? Really? That would be new....factual? Doubt it!
Facts....rights of a Federally incorporated entity supersede a local municipal ordinance.
While this dumb village is wanting to give up their rights, go for it...give the right to decide if you want to pay convicted felons' legal fees, while paying, at the same time, you health care bills. Really makes sense, take your eye off the ball of the bigger, wetter, problem....
Look...something shinny over here People of Crestwood.....
Dummies!
Wow real mature post. My name is Jack. I live in the condos located right next to the soccer fields.
This whole situation has disturbed me immensely. My grandchildren were playing on the soccer fields several weeks ago. They were not destroying anything. They were young children visiting their grandparents and walked about two football field to the soccer fields when they were thrown off the fields by a guy name either Stephens or Stephenson. They were thrown off the fields because they were not part of the soccer club. By the way for the record of the 5 grandkids that were playing 3 are actually Crestwood residents.
This infuriated me and I called the police department. I am not on Facebook. My daughter is and I see the feuding going on there. It sickens me that we had adults from the soccer club who want to be exclusive and not inclusive. On today’s historic date with MLK magnificent speech we have people right here in Crestwood who want to discriminate against children and keep them from playing a sport.
The soccer crew uses the guise of damage to property. Really, you actually believe the young children from the area are causing the alleged damage? Sure seems strange after the ordinance goes into effect there is now more damage. I wonder if this is not politically motivated by the soccer people in order to make their point.
I went to the village hall and requested information. PEOPLE go look for your selves. This ordinance was brought up over 2 years ago. It was proposed by a former trustee when people began complaining then. It is there in black and white take the time to do the research and quit listening to half-truths. I was also stunned as I checked for myself the amount of money the village has spent on these fields. No other village or park district would grant free use of fields to any private club. Do some research? I called around.
The village leaders made the right decision. They decided to include all children and grant liberty and justice for all not for a certain part of society.
I voted for John Toscas. I am now sorry I did after researching all the documents at the village hall. Funny how he remains silent. His running mate also has a knack for spinning the truth and neither one of those guys will ever receive my vote or my wife’s vote. I am also explaining this situation to all my neighbors and my daughter is doing the same.
resident

Midlothian, IL

#44 Aug 28, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Wow real mature post. My name is Jack. I live in the condos located right next to the soccer fields.
This whole situation has disturbed me immensely. My grandchildren were playing on the soccer fields several weeks ago. They were not destroying anything. They were young children visiting their grandparents and walked about two football field to the soccer fields when they were thrown off the fields by a guy name either Stephens or Stephenson. They were thrown off the fields because they were not part of the soccer club. By the way for the record of the 5 grandkids that were playing 3 are actually Crestwood residents.
This infuriated me and I called the police department. I am not on Facebook. My daughter is and I see the feuding going on there. It sickens me that we had adults from the soccer club who want to be exclusive and not inclusive. On today’s historic date with MLK magnificent speech we have people right here in Crestwood who want to discriminate against children and keep them from playing a sport.
The soccer crew uses the guise of damage to property. Really, you actually believe the young children from the area are causing the alleged damage? Sure seems strange after the ordinance goes into effect there is now more damage. I wonder if this is not politically motivated by the soccer people in order to make their point.
I went to the village hall and requested information. PEOPLE go look for your selves. This ordinance was brought up over 2 years ago. It was proposed by a former trustee when people began complaining then. It is there in black and white take the time to do the research and quit listening to half-truths. I was also stunned as I checked for myself the amount of money the village has spent on these fields. No other village or park district would grant free use of fields to any private club. Do some research? I called around.
The village leaders made the right decision. They decided to include all children and grant liberty and justice for all not for a certain part of society.
I voted for John Toscas. I am now sorry I did after researching all the documents at the village hall. Funny how he remains silent. His running mate also has a knack for spinning the truth and neither one of those guys will ever receive my vote or my wife’s vote. I am also explaining this situation to all my neighbors and my daughter is doing the same.
You are correct, this was all brought up years ago and then again it was brought up at a board meeting this year prior to August. I know the village manager was sending people out to not only buy paint for the fields but a new striper years ago. The truth is the village has helped out a private club and the club, as angry as they are right now, needs to admit they have had support from the village. I think now its time for the entire club to make an extremely hard decision to either stay or go, its up to their board to either open those books for an audit/ inspection or leave. This soccer club also has the right to just close it down all together. I would hope the village allows them to finish this season out. I feel that would be the right move and that also gives the club time to prepare to move should they refuse to obey the ordinance.
Resident

Blue Island, IL

#45 Aug 28, 2013
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, this was all brought up years ago and then again it was brought up at a board meeting this year prior to August. I know the village manager was sending people out to not only buy paint for the fields but a new striper years ago. The truth is the village has helped out a private club and the club, as angry as they are right now, needs to admit they have had support from the village. I think now its time for the entire club to make an extremely hard decision to either stay or go, its up to their board to either open those books for an audit/ inspection or leave. This soccer club also has the right to just close it down all together. I would hope the village allows them to finish this season out. I feel that would be the right move and that also gives the club time to prepare to move should they refuse to obey the ordinance.
I completely agree with everything you said. Personally I can't believe how this private soccer club is behaving. No other town would give them the fields rent free,pay for the grass cutting,pay for the paint to stripe the soccer fields amd maintain the concession stand. Let them go to another town we the tax payers of CRESTWOOD have given enough to the ungrateful members of this private exclusive club that has less then 25%,Crestwood kids playing in it. I bet no town will take them. if another town wants them see ya best of luck. But I bet they will be here for yeats yo come and if not we will get another club to come here with the sweet heart deal Crestwood offers as a matter of fact I bet we will have clubs knocking our doors down trying to get in here.
Senior Resident

Blue Island, IL

#46 Aug 28, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>I completely agree with everything you said. Personally I can't believe how this private soccer club is behaving. No other town would give them the fields rent free,pay for the grass cutting,pay for the paint to stripe the soccer fields amd maintain the concession stand. Let them go to another town we the tax payers of CRESTWOOD have given enough to the ungrateful members of this private exclusive club that has less then 25%,Crestwood kids playing in it. I bet no town will take them. if another town wants them see ya best of luck. But I bet they will be here for yeats yo come and if not we will get another club to come here with the sweet heart deal Crestwood offers as a matter of fact I bet we will have clubs knocking our doors down trying to get in here.
Why all ths fuss. The parks should be open to everyone. When my kids played baseball and football here we had to volunteer. The women manned the concession stands. The men maintained the fields including mowing the fields, coaching and moving the baseball fences to set up the football fields with goal posts at Playfield Park. The men back in the 1970's built the concession stands and dugouts and acquired all the materials needed. They still stand now. We never asked for anything. We did it for all the kids back then and right now could benefit. I can not believe how parents act now a days. We knew one day our children would be long gone and other children would be able to enjoy the fruits of our labor. Unbelievable how the parents act now.
Bob

Blue Island, IL

#47 Aug 29, 2013
The parents are now the children and the children are now the parents.
Ole Jimbo

Chicago, IL

#48 Aug 30, 2013
Ole Jimmyboy is back in town from his job. He has already started to whine on Facebook. Since it is a three day weekend the crackpot will be posting long rants all day long for three days. God help us all. His rants are senseless.
Resident

Chicago, IL

#49 Sep 1, 2013
Dont Believe The Hype wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an easy answer - he never did. The issue has always been whether the Club has exclusive use of the field and can keep other residents off the field. The Club insists that since they had a handshake agreement with Chester and did work to the field, that it is their's by proxy.
I think it was at the least reckless for a lawyer to tell the Club they had ownership based on a hand shake agreement. Illinois law does not even allow for verbal agreements to be upheld. And didn't that same lawyer make an issue out of these kind of hand shake agreements when he ran for mayor?
So where did the rumors of disbanding, taking over or barring the club come from? That would be an interesting question for one of the many reporters covering this (I'm looking at you Kadner) to find out.
How did John respond to this?
Crickets

Blue Island, IL

#50 Sep 1, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>How did John respond to this?
Crickets Crickets crickets.He has his son and Carr answer for him. What a shame.
resident

Midlothian, IL

#52 Sep 10, 2013
Claims are being made that all of the sudden, since the ordinance was passed, there is damage being done to the fields. I remember amounts in excess of 5000. was claimed last year, so how can they now claim its just because the ordinance was passed. Maybe its time to put cameras out there to see who is doing the damage and residents who live by there to start watching the fields.
my view

Midlothian, IL

#53 Sep 12, 2013
If get put cameras they would catch there board doing it. Hahahaha
Follow the Money

Naperville, IL

#54 Sep 17, 2013
I am so glad to hear this Elitist Board will leave. It is way overdue. It would be interesting for the people of Crestwood to know just how long this scam of Crestwood Soccer has been going on. I don't need to look it up. I have been around long enough to witness it personally. Unbelievably this board has year after year done the following.
1) told parents they had to work the concession as the board stands around watching (maybe to see how much cash they can pocket)
never doing anything while parents & kids stand there waiting. Stop stuffing your pie hole and do some work.
2) The entire board has their family working & BEING PAID real money by reffing. I am sure there are a lot of crestwood parents &
kids well qualified that could also use that extra CASH.
3) No nepotism here but it just so happens that each year the scholarships go to no other than guess who? Yes the children & family members of the Crestwood Soccer club. How Truly Convenient.
4) This board has habitually become more & more power mongrels. They ride around on their golf carts( when truthfully just look at them) they should be hoofing it just as everyone else did and continues to do. They are just there for the Money & free food that they believe they are Entitled to. Anyone including myself could and has done this without making it a Paid Part Time job. May folks in Crestwood have volunteered for years without pay be it in vacations, dinners, scholarships. They need to go. All of this can be backed up just go to the Village and ask for former years info on who received these scholarships. I guarantee you can fid a direct link to each of their families including this year to Shannon Dolehide the Vice pres of CWS club and to Chris Ward. Peggy Ward just happens to be the secretary. In this months Crestwood Advisor read it for yourself. There will be no problem with this club dismantling. Folks have been sick of them for years. Good Riddens.
resident

Midlothian, IL

#55 Sep 17, 2013
Many parents are asking about the new village run soccer league and when do they anticipate sign-up times, fees and clinics being finalized. Is the Rec Dept. handling the all these questions and do they need coaches for next year? Who is the point person to call on this and will they put it in the Advisor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palos Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Kimberly Nicole Koschnitzky 3 hr Change Is Needed 11
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 6 hr We Cant Afford Them 143
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 8 hr Not for IL Taxpayers 417
Fire Chief Fired? 8 hr Cry me the river 4
Tell me about Worth 9 hr HomerGlenBrah 4
State Representative candidates 14 hr Change is Needed 18
Public Works needs leagership with common sense 15 hr Mayor Vargas 61

Palos Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Palos Park Mortgages